What fucked you off right now?

P

PennyDreadful

People who think it is acceptable to make comments/jokes about someone's appearance. Don't get me wrong, I detest the current climate in which you cannot make any comment, without the woke/pc brigade getting their knickers in a twist. I'm talking about real life situations - for example the work environment. A "colleague" thought he was being rather amusing, when he made a remark about my weight yesterday. This went beyond the boundries of normal banter.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

upsidedown

An airplane flying over me every 2 minutes. Put your holiday off! There is a global pandemic. Hope your destination goes on the red list and you have to pay a fortune to quarantine in a hotel you selfish bastards!

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I have 3 vacuum cleaners and not one is up to the task they are designed for.
I have a Dyson V6 Animal, the worst vacuum cleaner I've ever had. Leaving aside that you have to empty it after practically every use, my main gripe is that you can't just switch it on, you have to keep the power button pressed in, else it cuts off. Apparently it's to preserve battery power, never mind preserving the battery - preserve my finger :rolleyes:

B

Bad_Influence

An airplane flying over me every 2 minutes. Put your holiday off! There is a global pandemic. Hope your destination goes on the red list and you have to pay a fortune to quarantine in a hotel you selfish bastards!
No there isn’t. Please move on.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
That makes sense.

Beat dust off a sofa onto a carpet.

Beat the carpet so the dust goes on the floor.

Beat the floor until the dust goes out the door and into your car.

Vacuum the car.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
You know, I saw that comment by @upsidedown and wanted to 'like' it over the lack of sympathy for the people going on holiday, but it was the line about planes going over every 2 mins... Is it a North/South thing?
I live on the flight path for Newcastle airport and during the summer you would get planes coming into land every few minutes. But this summer, sitting in the garden, reading. When a plane did come over, it was so rare I actually pointed up at it! :)

U

upsidedown

You know, I saw that comment by @upsidedown and wanted to 'like' it over the lack of sympathy for the people going on holiday, but it was the line about planes going over every 2 mins... Is it a North/South thing?
I live on the flight path for Newcastle airport and during the summer you would get planes coming into land every few minutes. But this summer, sitting in the garden, reading. When a plane did come over, it was so rare I actually pointed up at it! :)
Birmingham has really regular flights now any they changed the take off path last year to fly right above where I live with no consultation. I use ear plugs now, spark plugs are the best!

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
If anyone wants to go abroad its there right to .....think most of the people i know have gone back to the way it was i know I have :)

C

CrazyCatLady

I have a Dyson V6 Animal, the worst vacuum cleaner I've ever had. Leaving aside that you have to empty it after practically every use, my main gripe is that you can't just switch it on, you have to keep the power button pressed in, else it cuts off. Apparently it's to preserve battery power, never mind preserving the battery - preserve my finger :rolleyes:

I wanted to get a Dyson for years, but couldn't afford one. Well, I couldn't justify spending that much on a vacuum, so I bought a Henry. Used to use them in cleaning jobs, years ago. No matter where I was cleaning, they always had a Henry and I loved them, so settled for one of them instead and can say it's the best vacuum I've ever had.
With my lot though, I have to clean the carpets every day and am not pulling that thing out every day. Thus, I vacuum every second day and go round with a rubber brush on the other day. That's fantastic at getting pet hairs out of carpets- better than Henry.

M

MrFishy

I was tempted to get a Dyson a while ago, but ....

Vacuum cleaners will never replace human strength/power, in reference to dust particles.

They are ok for vacuuming a floor (or a fitted carpet, but don't a good job on those either, dust remains, you just can't see it, same goes for the sofa or mattress).

I've got 2 vacuum cleaners - both in the garage for this very reason - I only use them to vacuum the car.

The only way to really get rid of dust (on a mattress, rug, sofa) is with a carpet/mattress beater, but you need a bit of strength in order to do so.

View attachment 5111

The best vac I've ever had is a shark. Does it all and without too much fuss. They have a deal on a Shark Anti Hair Wrap Upright Vacuum Cleaner XL with Powered Lift-Away and TruePet AZ950UKT for £229.

You mite want to look into it.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
Drama queens. People who are too stupid to shorten links, post them unnecessarily, and who are too stupid to understand threads can be removed by the actual author on this site.

Cat100

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
People who think it is acceptable to make comments/jokes about someone's appearance. Don't get me wrong, I detest the current climate in which you cannot make any comment, without the woke/pc brigade getting their knickers in a twist. I'm talking about real life situations - for example the work environment. A "colleague" thought he was being rather amusing, when he made a remark about my weight yesterday. This went beyond the boundries of normal banter.
I am really sorry that happened to you. the work colleague is a twatwaffle.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I can't say I've ever been bullied in a chat room, but I have been bullied in the real life. And when you have been bullied in real life, it stays with you for life. :(

Back