What fucked you off right now?

C

CrazyCatLady

A manager that has all the characteristics of a textbook 'Schizophrenic Mother' (not a mother with schizophrenia, but a mother with the parenting style that supposedly causes the schizophrenic thinking and/or schizoid characteristics in her child).

In short, she's a power-tripper that gets off on bulling subordinates and doesn't take responsibility for her mistakes, instead she blames everyone else for her lack of attention and incompetence. Ironically, she's frequently harping on about other's lack of insight into themselves and she has none whatsoever into herself.

S

Saphire

God, I hope she isn't your manager, she sounds like a nightmare.

Spam texts....got one yesterday, (well OH did) starting with 'Hi dad', can you help?
It was very believable, and apparently others have fallen for this and transferred money thinking they were helping their sons out of a tricky situation.

Be on your guard.

C

CrazyCatLady

God, I hope she isn't your manager, she sounds like a nightmare.

Spam texts....got one yesterday, (well OH did) starting with 'Hi dad', can you help?
It was very believable, and apparently others have fallen for this and transferred money thinking they were helping their sons out of a tricky situation.

Be on your guard.
Unfortunately, she's one of them and I have to work directly with her. Trouble is, she's bloody good at the core principles of her job. Absolutely terrible at many other aspects and is awful with people, thus, we have a high turnover of staff on our Team and for some strange reason, the Powers that Be in our place back her in every complaint made against her.

These scams are getting more and more sneakier :confused: Glad you didn't fall for it. Many do, because as you say they are very believable.

S

Saphire

Unfortunately, she's one of them and I have to work directly with her. Trouble is, she's bloody good at the core principles of her job. Absolutely terrible at many other aspects and is awful with people, thus, we have a high turnover of staff on our Team and for some strange reason, the Powers that Be in our place back her in every complaint made against her.

These scams are getting more and more sneakier :confused: Glad you didn't fall for it. Many do, because as you say they are very believable.
My DIL has the same problem with her direct senior at work. They were both up for the promotion, the other woman got it, and she has been a nightmare to work with ever since.
Like your manager, complaints against her go nowhere...because she also is good at the job but her handling of people is dire.

Keep smiling CatLady, that'll just confuse her....serve her right.:cool:

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
My moms favorite reply..."i'm going crazy . ..wanna go?"

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Needing new reading glasses, I had an appointment this afternoon at the opticians in the High St. Arriving on time, I was told to take a seat in the waiting area... would that I could! All 12 seats were taken, and half the people weren't wearing masks. They expected me to wait in that confined area for God knows how long. After 10 mins standing around, I left.. if I've caught Covid - I know where from! :rolleyes:
Should have gone to Specsavers? ;)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Should have gone to Specsavers? ;)
Actually it was Specsavers. There's a notice on the door requesting that masks should be worn. The waiting area is a small square, 3 chairs on each side, all facing inwards. I was stood in the middle like "one of Lewis's" (a Scouse term). After a few minutes looking at people coughing, breathing in my direction :eek: I just asked myself, what the hell was I doing there? I only wanted some new reading glasses to replace my old ones. Well, what with all the reading i do :) I'm bound to wear them out! So I just left. I won't be making another appointment there, what's the point :rolleyes:

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Actually it was Specsavers. There's a notice on the door requesting that masks should be worn. The waiting area is a small square, 3 chairs on each side, all facing inwards. I was stood in the middle like "one of Lewis's" (a Scouse term). After a few minutes looking at people coughing, breathing in my direction :eek: I just asked myself, what the hell was I doing there? I only wanted some new reading glasses to replace my old ones. Well, what with all the reading i do :) I'm bound to wear them out! So I just left. I won't be making another appointment there, what's the point :rolleyes:
OMG! Please tell me that you aren't a Scouse. Otherwise, I might just have to start taking you less seriously; which I so would hate to do.
:eek:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
OMG! Please tell me that you aren't a Scouse. Otherwise, I might just have to start taking you less seriously; which I so would hate to do.
:eek:
Ah eh la! Me... a Scouser? You're not one of these men who make assumptions are you? DeDoDohDontDeDoh :)

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Ah eh la! Me... a Scouser? You're not one of these men who make assumptions are you? DeDoDohDontDeDoh :)
Hey! Calm down. Calm down. (he says, donning his mullet wig and glossy shell suit).
'To assume makes an ass out of u and me'. I had to mention that as I think it is one of the most absurd platitudes of the past decade or so. :rolleyes:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Like a decent citizen, I took all my waste that wouldn't fit in the wheelie bin to the rubbish tip (recycling village as it's now called). :rolleyes: Only to find out that you can't just turn up in your car. You have to first book an appointment by phone. No wonder there's so much fly-tipping going on!

Back