Solution to covid?

Poco_Loco

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'll leave the Politics to Boris and his gang ,

I have given my concerns as a Father and the NHS are calling for more restrictions so coupled with the weather and omicron they are obviously starting to struggle again ,

So yeah we are back where we were last year , we had Xmas and then Locked Down ?

What is different ?

It may be milder weaker stronger but we are still fcuked ?

I am not a Scientist XD

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
Nobody gave monkeys on the right while the underfunded NHS was struggling every year during winter, it didn't affect them, they just didn't care. If and when it is scientifically proven, that the unvaccinated are the main driver in further outbreaks of Covid then there will be pressure to introduce legislation to make Covid vaccines mandatory. The only reason it hasn't already been introduced (as in other parts of the world) is that the backbench revolt in the tory party, enough of them oppose a mandatory vaccine on grounds of "liberty", could topple the PM and bring down the tory government and it is politics why legislation hasn't already been introduced and nothing more.

The anti-vaxx stance is just ludicrous, the bigger picture just totally bypasses their comprehension. Without vaccines and without lockdown measures to control the speed of the spread say goodbye to every single aspect of life you take for granted now. It isn't about "old people" who would have died anyway. It's about how society can/would have functioned normally with millions of people in key jobs sick with Covid at any given time.

Have a great Christmas, I am vaccinated and mine will be sweet as.

Poco_Loco

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
But we have 81% of the Population double vaccinated ?

I'll repeat i'm against nothing that works but they are now talking Boosters and maybe more Boosters like how much sh** are you gonna let them pump into you ????

Why can i only see here that we are in the same Position as last Xmas !!!

Are there any normal human beings who could discuss this without some kind of point to prove ?

Did they put something in the "Boost Juice" that's making you all see things differently ?

I'm just kidding ,

OR AM I ;)

SamBally

Reaction score
Have a lovely Christmas. I’m unvaccinated and will be having a great time too. What is ludicrous is the fear people are living under. Economies, lives, futures turned upside down for a virus with a 99.7% survival rate (higher if you are young and healthy). Having ongoing endless injections of a vaccine that has no safety data other than that which the makes want kept secret for 55 years, a vaccine that we know is harming many people. A little perspective is needed:

Since “Omicron” first detected on 27th November: 7 deaths. Average age 83.

27th November to now: 239 deaths by SUICIDE. Average age between 25 & 44.

One thing is 100% a scientific fact. While you contradict yourself. I will get no "perspective" from anti-vaxxers who argue I am as likely as them to catch and spread Covid. Scientifically that is IMPOSSIBLE.

SamBally

Reaction score
That contradiction being... lol... ow comes far fewer people are catching Covid after 81% have now been vaccinated.

Hmmm, let me consider that for a minute...

SamBally

Reaction score
Care to explain how it is scientifically impossible? Go for it.
Why don't you explain where you get your made-up scientific facts from?

You see it is endless playing that silly game.

I recognize you.

SamBally

Reaction score
Ah I see, just deem that as scientific evidence. Now I see. Thank you for that.

You are welcome, I will stick to peer-reviewed evidence and or organizations such as WHO. I find when you do, when you trust the actual experts rather than randoms online, it is extremely helpful.

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

I'll repeat i'm against nothing that works but they are now talking Boosters and maybe more Boosters like how much sh** are you gonna let them pump into you ????

Are there any normal human beings who could discuss this without some kind of point to prove ?

Did they put something in the "Boost Juice" that's making you all see things differently ?

I'm just kidding ,

OR AM I ;)

So this is the only comment I am going to reply to as I dont have the energy for everything else :)

Boosters are not a new thing, if you look at vaccination schedules from birth most have boosters (polio, mmr, tetanus, diphtheria etc).

The reality in all of this is we should do what we think is right and be kind to everyone else trying to navigate their way. The truth is none of us have lived through a pandemic before and there is a lot to be learnt xx

SamBally

Reaction score
For example the famous DrHillary went on tv and stated 90% of covid patients in hospital were unvaccinated, when proven wrong using ONS and NHS data, there was no apology, no retraction. The seed had been sowed.

Why don't you post the evidence, Mr. Evidence? Surely it will be on Youtube.

This is why no one with a brain in their head takes anti-vaxxers seriously. The famous Dr. Hilary who I personally have never heard was an expert in this field until now and didn't know was that famous and 100% I have never personally heard his views on Covid in particular or even watched him on TV.

Now apparently the famous Dr. Hilary has sowed a seed, that has spread all over the UK and globally.

If he did cock the figures up, it was obviously an honest mistake, and then yes ITV should have retracted and then corrected, and no doubt they did correct it at a future date otherwise they would have fallen foul of broadcasting law. Of course, he would have been reading of a prompt board and hence the mistake if it did happen.

The ludicrous notion that he is somehow in on this paranoid Covid conspiracy and deliberately "sowed a seed" is just that, ludicrous.

S

Saphire

I'm just kidding ,

OR AM I ;)
Unfortunately the virus has mutated into one that seems to be more resistant to the vaccine than the previous ones.
Add to that, the vaccination effects are not as long lasting as hoped for....so the booster is needed to top up resistance, and if it works 75%, that's better than 0%....and then add on another complication, people who have been infected can also be reinfected within a relatively short time, which may account for the record numbers of infections that is happening now.

Just as people have an annual flu jab, no doubt the covid jab will be needed annually, because it looks like it's here to stay for the foreseeble future.

I dont think anyone has all the answers, not the experts, and certainly not on a forum.

All I know is, I know 4 people who have died after contracting Covid, I know plenty who have been really quite ill, I dont know anyone who has died of the vaccine, and if the worst complaint is a sore arm or feeling off for a day, it is, imo, a small price to pay to combat against a potentially deadly infection.

Back