The truth will do!

T

Tandy

Wow, that's actually very arrogant.
Are your ideas so far above "Those Mods" who you deem unworthy?
To play with words and quote the bard..
“Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.”
A sense of superiority does not imply one is superior, just that one lacks self awareness.
Any intelligent individual knows there is knowledge in many forms, places and people with different views and stories to oneself.

It was not arrogant and I did not highlight in any sense that my ideas are superior. Please take a little longer to fully consume what I wrote.

You stated the mods are not payed, they work for free and do a difficult job. One of them has clearly shown to chuck muck without raising the debate in this very thread, the same mod has shut down a thread to further comment for no good reason and someone deleted an entire thread with the same mod basically saying put up and shut up.

Where am I being arrogant in suggesting mods do not have time and recompense to manage more diverse thought provoking conversation and ideas. The actions show they only vanish what they don’t like.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Oh come on Altair, it was pretty bad in the end.
There was some nasty chit said.
Thats the one thing people forget about freedom of speech, it comes with a responsibility to use it wisely.
Most use it as a bludgeon, not a scalpel.

A Swift cut with a nice Sharp Sword would have done it.

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was not arrogant and I did not highlight in any sense that my ideas are superior. Please take a little longer to fully consume what I wrote.

You stated the mods are not payed, they work for free and do a difficult job. One of them has clearly shown to chuck muck without raising the debate in this very thread, the same mod has shut down a thread to further comment for no good reason and someone deleted an entire thread with the same mod basically saying put up and shut up.

Where am I being arrogant in suggesting mods do not have time and recompense to manage more diverse thought provoking conversation and ideas. The actions show they only vanish what they don’t like.

I WILL TYPE THIS IN CAPITALS AS YOU CLEARLY HAVE DIFFICULTY READING SMALLER FONTS.

NO MOD DELETED ANYTHING - UNDERSTAND ? MODS DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING ON THE FORUM.

ONLY US ADMINS DO.

DO YOU GET IT NOW ?? COS EVEN MY GRAND-NIECES AND NEPHEWS CAN READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS CONCEPT.

ALSO, TAKE MY ADVICE TO MOVE ON NOW, BECAUSE YOU ARE WASTING OUR TIME AND BORDERLINE HARASSING NOW, AND YOU WILL BE BANNED IF YOU CONTINUE.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

As I said and you admitted, you were being arrogant with your suggestion.
"they do not have time and recompense to manage more thought provoking conversation and ideas".
Did you ever consider what you have to say has very little worth when all you are doing is whinging?
Try debating something fun that is actually opinion based.
If you love to debate so much, dont play with the tired old "I'm being censored".

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Oh come on Altair, it was pretty bad in the end.
There was some nasty chit said.
Thats the one thing people forget about freedom of speech, it comes with a responsibility to use it wisely.
Most use it as a bludgeon, not a scalpel.

You forget that person who STABBED you in the Back?....With a knife that once belonged to YOU...?

Hmm..

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I WILL TYPE THIS IN CAPITALS AS YOU CLEARLY HAVE DIFFICULTY READING SMALLER FONTS.

NO MOD DELETED ANYTHING - UNDERSTAND ? MODS DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING ON THE FORUM.

ONLY US ADMINS DO.

DO YOU GET IT NOW ?? COS EVEN MY GRAND-NIECES AND NEPHEWS CAN READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS CONCEPT.

ALSO, TAKE MY ADVICE TO MOVE ON NOW, BECAUSE YOU ARE WASTING OUR TIME AND BORDERLINE HARASSING NOW, AND YOU WILL BE BANNED IF YOU CONTINUE.

Well you need to take a look at your admins, I know several of my posts were deleted on friday when I asked for clarification about my ban.
Which I'm still awaiting a resolution for.
Surely a request for clarification would make duration of a ban mandatory.
Elwood, your a good man, known you for a while, but I think, maybe there are a couple of folks who need looking at in mod/admin roles.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
You forget that person who STABBED you in the Back?....With a knife that once belonged to YOU...?

Hmm..
lol Altair, yeah I know, but it's a learning experience :)

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Well you need to take a look at your admins, I know several of my posts were deleted on friday when I asked for clarification about my ban.
Which I'm still awaiting a resolution for.
Surely a request for clarification would make duration of a ban mandatory.
Elwood, your a good man, known you for a while, but I think, maybe there are a couple of folks who need looking at in mod/admin roles.

Once your banned u can appeal it but they wont and never have said how long a bann is, ppl just second guess at it

I agree that some admins speak and answer us as if we something they stepped in . Being civil cost nothing.
i always try to be civil and well mannered if i dont like what you saying i wont reply. .
so all i ask is to answered politely .

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Once your banned u can appeal it but they wont and never have said how long a bann is, ppl just second guess at it

I agree that some admins speak and answer us as if we something they stepped in . Being civil cost nothing.
i always try to be civil and well mannered if i dont like what you saying i wont reply. .
so all i ask is to answered politely .
Yeah apparently my crime was being a Miserable fcuk.
You know me pretty well lol.
Anyway, chit happens, if I they have a real reason I will accept it, until then, Im gonna play here.
If JD and PL mean me harm, i cant do much.
Shame Im gonna miss out on all the fun lol.

T

Tandy

The Black Lives Matter protests across the world show the ‘necessary force’ people need to use when fighting global warming, teen activist turned climate change icon Greta Thunberg believes.

“It feels like we have passed some kind of social tipping point where people are starting to realize that we cannot keep looking away from these things. We cannot keep sweeping these things under the carpet, these injustices,” 17-year-old Thunberg told the BBC.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The Black Lives Matter protests across the world show the ‘necessary force’ people need to use when fighting global warming, teen activist turned climate change icon Greta Thunberg believes.

“It feels like we have passed some kind of social tipping point where people are starting to realize that we cannot keep looking away from these things. We cannot keep sweeping these things under the carpet, these injustices,” 17-year-old Thunberg told the BBC.

Exactly what point are you trying to make?

B

Bad_Influence

You were doing so well, then you have to quote that silly little girl. :( If she wants to actually have any effect on global warming she should be fighting China and the U.S., not the 0.1% of global warming that is actually due to Joe Public.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Aww, come on Bad, your better than that.
The IPCC was set up to look for man made climate change, they didnt look at any other variables, its in their manifesto.
So of course they found it, otherwise, no more funding.

T

Tandy

You were doing so well, then you have to quote that silly little girl. :( If she wants to actually have any effect on global warming she should be fighting China and the U.S., not the 0.1% of global warming that is actually due to Joe Public.

I only wanted the secion in bold but had to use all of it to avoid being banned :D

B

Bad_Influence

I didn't want to get into that in case I offended someone by stating an unwelcome truth, and then see the whole forum be deleted.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Aww, come on Bad, your better than that.
The IPCC was set up to look for man made climate change, they didnt look at any other variables, its in their manifesto.
So of course they found it, otherwise, no more funding.

Where did the Funding come from?

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I only wanted the secion in bold but had to use all of it to avoid being banned :D
Tandy, for an educated man, your arguments seem to be lacking in substance.
I would suggest one should learn before one attempts to teach.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Back