The truth will do!

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I thrive on debate and I find it upsetting when someone (such as the site owner) thinks they can just shut you down. Yes they can delete you, they have admin rights but they shouldn’t be naive to think this would shut down voices. Nature always finds a way!

Your Voice (Here) has nothing to do with nature. You are only upset because you can't change what is above you.

Like I said...Give this a rest and go do something else. :)

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
That explains so much.
We do have a law system that says one can actually do anything as long as it is not prescribed under law.
Most countries allow you to do what the law allows, the UK is relatively unique it can only stop you doing what is actually deemed as illegal.
Hence freedom of speech is a divisive topic, whilst not protected, it is also not denied lol

T

Tandy

The site owner didn't tell you that you idiot - I did. Stick to drink and getting high. Seems your level.

My mistake, I mistook you for site owner, my bad but you behave like it’s your site.

Childish pokes at my social habits does not raise you above me, nor does condoning drug use for other people.

You shut down discussion whilst simultaneously stating that free speech has not been controlled, you’re a hypocrite. You do not like what I have to say about this and can only strike back with nonsense.

Instead of taking a hammer to a thread why did you not give some advice on the toxicity you say your controlling, why have a forum where things just vanish?

Have something about you and engage in discussion on this matter rather than shut it down, like you shut my thread down that was non toxic and only asking questions?

Please debate me rather than just chuck muck?

B

Bad_Influence

We do have a law system that says one can actually do anything as long as it is not prescribed under law.
Most countries allow you to do what the law allows, the UK is relatively unique it can only stop you doing what is actually deemed as illegal.
Hence freedom of speech is a divisive topic, whilst not protected, it is also not denied lol

It is actively frowned upon by certain people here apparently.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It is actively frowned upon by certain people here apparently.
Tis why Im haunting the forums, still waiting to find out why I was banned lol

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
My mistake, I mistook you for site owner, my bad but you behave like it’s your site.

Childish pokes at my social habits does not raise you above me, nor does condoning drug use for other people.

You shut down discussion whilst simultaneously stating that free speech has not been controlled, you’re a hypocrite. You do not like what I have to say about this and can only strike back with nonsense.

Instead of taking a hammer to a thread why did you not give some advice on the toxicity you say your controlling, why have a forum where things just vanish?

Have something about you and engage in discussion on this matter rather than shut it down, like you shut my thread down that was non toxic and only asking questions?

Tandy, there are some mods who like to play with the power they have, they are rare.
Mods have a bad job, they are damned if they do, damned if they don't when it comes to enforcing principle ideals.
Don't be to harsh when judging, I wouldn't do their job.
Give them space and time and they will get to know you.
Play games with them and you will get burnt.
Its life, get used to it.
Just remember, most mods are decent people, they don't get paid, they do it because they care.

T

Tandy

Tandy, there are some mods who like to play with the power they have, they are rare.
Mods have a bad job, they are damned if they do, damned if they don't when it comes to enforcing principle ideals.
Don't be to harsh when judging, I wouldn't do their job.
Give them space and time and they will get to know you.
Play games with them and you will get burnt.
Its life, get used to it.
Just remember, most mods are decent people, they don't get paid, they do it because they care.

Yes I do understand the job is not an easy one and I am sure that most mods do a wonderful job but I still say what is the point in contributing to forums when they simply vanish, really what is the point!

What was toxic, how do contributors know how to avoid this in the future, why would contributors spend time formulating ideas when they can just vanish.

Some might not care because they prefer chat rooms and when they do contribute to a forum is often just a couple of words chucking muck. Maybe the answer is to just have chat rooms and do away with any serious debate cause its above the pay grade for mods?

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yes I do understand the job is not an easy one and I am sure that most mods do a wonderful job but I still say what is the point in contributing to forums when they simply vanish, really what is the point!

What was toxic, how do contributors know how to avoid this in the future, why would contributors spend time formulating ideas when they can just vanish.

Some might not care because they prefer chat rooms and when they do contribute to a forum is often just a couple of words chucking muck. Maybe the answer is to just have chat rooms and do away with any serious debate cause its above the pay grade for mods?

Wow, that's actually very arrogant.
Are your ideas so far above "Those Mods" who you deem unworthy?
To play with words and quote the bard..
“Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.”
A sense of superiority does not imply one is superior, just that one lacks self awareness.
Any intelligent individual knows there is knowledge in many forms, places and people with different views and stories to oneself.

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

You've been a member barely 5 minutes but you want to change the entire site policy just to please you ?

Go away now, we owe you nothing and you'll be getting nothing. Try the UN, you seem wasted here on our Forum.

Oh and btw, Facebook remove posts all the time, no warning, no explanation, just cos they can, but hey, go there if it's better for you :)

B

Bad_Influence

So we are not allowed to discuss the single most important current topic in the world, but a personal threat to life(albeit a pathetic one on a chat site) is just fine? That speaks volumes.

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Once again you've proved you don't read replies. You were clearly told Moderators DO NOT remove, close for further discussion or delete ANY Forum threads. That is for us, as Admins to do. We moderate the Forums. Not the mods. We and the mods do not get paid, this is not a job, we do it voluntarily. And you are rude, demanding, insulting and condescending. Go rethink your attitude on here or you'll be banned from posting on the Forum. Is that clear enough for you ?

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
So we are not allowed to discuss the single most important current topic in the world, but a personal threat to life(albeit a pathetic one on a chat site) is just fine? That speaks volumes.
Which one bad lol
Theres a few :)

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

We permit any reasonale, adult debate on the Forum. The BLM Forum thread had become toxic and was stoking racial hatred, So it was removed. The end.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
We permit any reasonale, adult debate on the Forum. The BLM Forum thread had become toxic and was stoking racial hatred, So it was removed. The end.
I agree, i did get pretty rough in the end, its a shame though because there was a lot of valuable information in that thread.
This is why we cant have nice things to play ith, people get all bent outta shape.

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No it simply wasn't.

Well we as Admins thought it was and so did many others, so it was removed. No point discussing it any further now. It is done and you wont be getting any further comment. It has been explained enough. Move on.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Only Toxic in certain persons eyes eh?
Oh come on Altair, it was pretty bad in the end.
There was some nasty chit said.
Thats the one thing people forget about freedom of speech, it comes with a responsibility to use it wisely.
Most use it as a bludgeon, not a scalpel.

Back