British Birds

Are house sparrows on a decline in numbers, because gardens are lacking food supply's ?

• Yes, there should be more garden feeders.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No, its because of other reasons.

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
you wouldnt look out of place in cheshire its where all the footballes live
because I look like a football? :eek:

lol we have a lot of chelsea players where I live - I don't have a clue who any of them are lol

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Oops I just realised I started the footballer thing lol. They do live in a lovely area but they have put the property prices in the area sky high. Another geezer who was well known there was stuart hall the tv presenter he had to sell his house to pay legal costs and I presume payments to his victims.

You certainly did! I don’t watch soaps or football - so wouldn’t know who they were if they walk past me in the street :)

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
its a cherry tree it i have 15 cherry trees and tht is 100% cherry tree please re post

lol! I will take a full picture tomorrow just for you, it most definitely isn’t a cherry, I planted it and I pick the nuts (that the squirrels leave for me) :)

Sausages

Sausages
Reaction score
lol! I will take a full picture tomorrow just for you, it most definitely isn’t a cherry, I planted it and I pick the nuts (that the squirrels leave for me) :)

Can’t we have the tree the bird was stuck on with bluetak and the full tree aswell you know I’m fair. If I’m wrong I’ll be first to roll over like a puppy and say sorry.

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
What's the best bird you have seen so far this year?
I've looked everywhere for a bird forum and didn't find much,

Have you seen any rare birds?

What birds visit your garden/home?

Yeah I am hoping to spark some conversation about our beautiful birds and what you have seen.

Thanks, in advance for you view.

Wren.
I actually thought this thread was referring to women, only reason I clicked on it. They are bi'eerds [scouse accent] aren't they?

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
View attachment 2302

never seen any of those wren i wish i had
isnt that the one from the omen 2..same birdy one that chased the woman and got her by the hair. might be mistaken , this one does look a little better behaved.

W

Wren

isnt that the one from the omen 2..same birdy one that chased the woman and got her by the hair. might be mistaken , this one does look a little better behaved.
I don't think the sweet yellowhammer is in the omen movie. You must be mistaken

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
I don't think the sweet yellowhammer is in the omen movie. You must be mistaken
Yerrs lI do hope so, put me off crows did that, it has a yellow beak...very interesting, you seem to be into your birds. which one or ones are your favourite and why if you dont mind answering that is. Just curious. I do like dickey birds, seem intelligent them ones.

W

Wren

Been asked about the cuckoo and I don't think I've seen one in natural habitat
.........but maybe I'm wrong , maybe I've seen, and mistaken it for something other.
I will pay more attention to detail.

I've been liking the blackbird this year as my favourite to watch, listen to and feed.
Where ever I visit this dominant bird is first to make his appearance
I've been enjoying this last few weeks in my own garden watching him protect his feeding area from other male blackbirds that arrive at random opportunity. Some of his swoop attacks have been spectacular and his fanned tail feather as he sits on the bench being as loud as possible...try me...that what I think he's tweeting. Super tough. Mrs blackbird is less so, she feeds and bosses his wings around. Really she rules the nest and when it's his turn to feed. Both are smart and birds considering four paws has huge desires to eat them both.

Dunnocks have been feeding thus year on the garden and that's been exciting as previous years not a single sight of them.
And I've seen more so this year hedges and feeding stations set up in rural areas.
Tree sparrow seems to be noticed often too in these areas
Yellowhammer tweets are back and look like they got busy feeding over winter, bigger in size this year and bold as they land. Gold

River side: The Arctic tern has arrived. Where I visit to see , they come so close to sight if u sit beside the edge and are amazing to watch. What a beautiful bird.

I was told red kites have been seen in Yorkshire. Excited to learn more and more sighting have been spotted around the UK. I stumbled upon a fellow walker,bird-watcher who gave me location details for this special flight-sight. And I'm very lucky to see a swoop in feeding mode like a family hunt or lessons maybe.

Birds........love ........<3

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Did anyone see that video of the moron using a chainsaw to chop down a platform the ospreys were nesting on? Due to their extreme low numbers they are protected birds of pray, what kind of mentality does something like that? :(

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Did anyone see that video of the moron using a chainsaw to chop down a platform the ospreys were nesting on? Due to their extreme low numbers they are protected birds of pray, what kind of mentality does something like that? :(
I wonder what their denomination is .... are they perhaps .... Abbott's boobies? Those are not tits, by the way.
:p

Back