British Birds

Are house sparrows on a decline in numbers, because gardens are lacking food supply's ?

• Yes, there should be more garden feeders.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No, its because of other reasons.

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
W

Wren

And if it isn't already legislated for, all cats should be made to wear a bell.
I have two cats Sam however I would not place a bell around their neck as that too is a potentially dangerous hazardous time to fasten to a mini tigers neck.

Or lions or any other form of cat domesticated too...:)

P.S my cats have not gifted me this year.
A change in cat food might have been successfully accomplished

W

Wren

This is the problem where I live. The old houses had space in the roofs for starlings. Now they have been demolished and new houses built in their place and the starlings have disappeared. I have noticed that magpies are on the increase. They are responsible for a lot of the deaths of baby birds. There is a small copse of trees near me and I often find the bodies of baby birds in my garden. Could it be that roof spaces were safer for small birds as magpies are too large to get through the gaps?

Thevthought of that sad lost baby chick seen on the floor...oh is sad.not a nice feeling at all.
Brick walls,new builds, more Md's,(Gull heaven..a M)Seen from any sea line saying feast near you seen soon. (WingGull-M)
This life and the next will no doubt enjoy off road parking and boundary edges with no fuss cut
The shiny sort.
And my pet hate lately this summer ........
I see this a lot: Plastic plants in Pots on Front Gardens next to door entry points or gates

Sometimes plastic posh grass .... HUMANS get a shocking grip, let leaves blow give back what was not your to take.

If u have a new build home ...figure Ur future and plant your happiness around. happiness with balance ....even a window planter with real plants is giving it will return to you on your daily , nightly wake. <3

W

Wren

They all use whatsapp and of course Twitter nowadays, warn one another of incoming iminent danger thats how
Ummm kinda heard something about them transmitter phone things a tower size tall are pretty bad news for birds too.. not sure the facts but I don't like seeing starlings glued to them screaming in sound

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
With this eye, I can see many things. Ayy..get it?..ayy[eye]yyy ? heehee shambown

W

Wren

We did it ☺️House Sparrow No1
Today I read in my rspb magazine
The house sparrow made number one on the Big Garden Bird Watch

Congratulations to all the gardens that support the comeback from brink of can't be heard

Love the news Love the sound even more ❤️

2nd Blue tit
3rd Starling
4th Woodpigeon
5th Blackbird
6th Robin
7th Goldfinch
8th Great tit
9th Magpie
10th Chaffinch

No Bluejay...No Nuthatches

No Wren. Yes still on a ban.lol