Banned

Macgyver

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Have you tried logging on with your phone and using its own data (not your broadband)? if you can then you know the fault is either with your broadband or your computer.
if you can't log on with your phone then you at least know the problem is not your computer.

I tried other day to get on using phone and it let me on but thats because IP is not the same as it is here I think.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
You'll have to keep them both on then Mac.... your phone and your pc, until you sort it out. :D

Macgyver

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
You'll have to keep them both on then Mac.... your phone and your pc, until you sort it out. :D
I only get good connection in garage and its hot there and I not draining battery for hours so phone is not an option.

J

JustinCredible

How helpful Justin......wish I could understand wat u on about though.
It seemed to make sense when I was typing it.. it still does.. I think! but it's not nice being unable to log on especially when you've done nothing wrong which is why I was trying to help.

Macgyver

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
It seemed to make sense when I was typing it.. it still does.. I think! but it's not nice being unable to log on especially when you've done nothing wrong which is why I was trying to help.
Thank you and yes I did nothing wrong but I have a theory. The ban message said I was using a VPN which I dont use. If I was using it I would be blocked from another site Im on too but I have no issue getting on there

Last edited:

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
It looks like someone made a mistake Mac..... and its their loss. Cos you are a great Guy. x

Sniper

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Macgyver, sometimes some internet providers, have a very particular set-up for most of their clients usage i.e. Sky And B.T. they sometimes block your efforts to get on sites, if they think it is dodgy or suspect . . . . . you have to go into your I.P. settings page and re-select yourself what you wish to see and access, to overide their standard settings . . . . . .this is worth checking as sky is mine and i had to tweak it a bit to my own personal preferences. If not, then find some whizz comp guru locally who always advertise cheaply to help you out. In my experience, it is usually a Tick Box that is either ticked or not ticked exercise, bloody annoying i know, and good luck.

Macgyver

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Macgyver, sometimes some internet providers, have a very particular set-up for most of their clients usage i.e. Sky And B.T. they sometimes block your efforts to get on sites, if they think it is dodgy or suspect . . . . . you have to go into your I.P. settings page and re-select yourself what you wish to see and access, to overide their standard settings . . . . . .this is worth checking as sky is mine and i had to tweak it a bit to my own personal preferences. If not, then find some whizz comp guru locally who always advertise cheaply to help you out. In my experience, it is usually a Tick Box that is either ticked or not ticked exercise, bloody annoying i know, and good luck.

Thank you but I not sure how to check IP settings. I am more educated in film than with some techy stuff.

Sniper

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you but I not sure how to check IP settings. I am more educated in film than with some techy stuff.
You could youtube how to do it, rather than me trying to explain it,and it is easy to follow on video

Sniper

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you
it could also be your firewall blocking ukchat or even your anti virus, find someone that knows how to change it for you, a local kid that plays on an xbox will for sure

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Good advice from Sniper mac... but as you are in USA not sure how your systems work and if you can get cheap help from the PC Wizzes there. I hope so, for annual fee here we can get an insurance via our provider which helps with all techno stuff. Goodluck x

termyo

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you
If no-one has suggested yet, just a hunch but does happen, open your pc's firewall (type in firewall in the search box bottom left) and click on white list, type in this sites full address and click ok. Then re-boot your pc and see if that works.

Macgyver

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
If no-one has suggested yet, just a hunch but does happen, open your pc's firewall (type in firewall in the search box bottom left) and click on white list, type in this sites full address and click ok. Then re-boot your pc and see if that works.
Ill try that later tonight before bedtime. Thank you

Macgyver

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Good advice from Sniper mac... but as you are in USA not sure how your systems work and if you can get cheap help from the PC Wizzes there. I hope so, for annual fee here we can get an insurance via our provider which helps with all techno stuff. Goodluck x

x

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Now you got the real Wizzz kids to help ya x

Hollie

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Thanks Sniper, Thanks Termyo, I've double checked and the problem is not site end. So if the above doesn't sort it, going to hope you guys can work it out.

Macgyver

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Thanks Sniper, Thanks Termyo, I've double checked and the problem is not site end. So if the above doesn't sort it, going to hope you guys can work it out.
Its not my end either. I did a scan yesterday and no malware or other yucky stuff was found so theres only one reasonable explanation

termyo

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Macgyver, only thing then, is that you are using the wrong tool to scan with. Anti virus, & that malicious removal will not detect malware related nuisance PUPS which very possibly are on your pc (they send auto spam links to sites you log into). If your ok with safe installing, Glarysoft (safe & secure) install their free malware hunter. I use it, very good, has extra's like a complete registry clean & fix, disk clean etc, and it will run alongside your current anti virus, no conflicting so no having to move things around.

Back