Who Looks After The Kids?

Traditional Versus Modern "Relationships" - Which is better?

• One partner stays home, brings up the children, the other works

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Both partners work, have children, pay for childcare

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Neither partner works, have children, both stay at home

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I would not have children but I wanted to comment anyway

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Family allowance started around 1946 but didn't include the first child til the late 70s.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I got Child Allowance with all 3 of mine Hells.
We didn`t . We only got family allowance for children after the first one . Check it up if you like ( 1961) and how much was it ? Thank you Clarity for pointing out the facts. Maybe you should recheck your Moms age Whiskers?.
How about 30 hours "free" child care ? while parents were at home doing nothing and getting furlough they were taking their young children to a Nursery each day! Great example eh ?. Our neighbour had a few month old baby which they took to nursery 3 days a week free. they wouldn`t take her for the other 2 as they`d have to pay .makes me laugh .The man ,in mid 30`s ,laughed and told us he was happy to be at home and getting paid . for not working .Yet they didn`t have the decency to look after their own baby ?.
Surely the best person to give a child the basic learning and training before Infant school ( which in my opinion should be 7 years not 5 years) is the parent ?. As i stated previously ,if they don`t want to raise their kids why did they have them ?.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Iv looked after mine since day 1. Iv had jobs but they have been ones to suit my life, hours and days I could work around.
In this country though, parents have to look for work after a child turns 5, even a single parent the rules still apply to.
Which country are you then Jody? I`ve never heard of that law in the UK .

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
Why would I need to recheck how old my mum is you silly man

Miss_Understanding

The chances are, I don’t care
Staff member
Reaction score
Not really ignorant,having 3 kids of our own. Does Yaris remember when we didn`t get any child allowance ?. Contraception today is free and there is simply no reason to have children if you can`t afford to look after them until School age ...if there is you tell me ?. I don`t slate parents for the sake of it ,they are from a generation who spoiled them so not their fault if they expect everything on a plate .
My own daughter went back to work within a few weeks of having her 2nd child and paid 75% of her wage to a childminder . Does hat make sense ?.
No. I’m still not sure whether you’re saying parents should go to work after maternity leave ends or should stay home until school age tbh. Writing essays is only impressive if they make sense x

Miss_Understanding

The chances are, I don’t care
Staff member
Reaction score
Which country are you then Jody? I`ve never heard of that law in the UK .
I never said it was a law. In England, if you do not search for work when your child turns 3 you’re not entitled to certain benefits

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Not really ignorant,having 3 kids of our own. Does Yaris remember when we didn`t get any child allowance ?. Contraception today is free and there is simply no reason to have children if you can`t afford to look after them until School age ...if there is you tell me ?. I don`t slate parents for the sake of it ,they are from a generation who spoiled them so not their fault if they expect everything on a plate .
My own daughter went back to work within a few weeks of having her 2nd child and paid 75% of her wage to a childminder . Does hat make sense ?.

The ignorant part was the statement “ It has to be said that today the majority of parents expect The State to pay for the kids which they needn`t have had anyway.”

peoples circumstances change and life is far more expensive now than it used to be.

I think the majority of parents are actually just trying to do their absolute best to raise decent human beings x

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
No. I’m still not sure whether you’re saying parents should go to work after maternity leave ends or should stay home until school age tbh. Writing essays is only impressive if they make sense x
I`ll try to make it simple in future. Put it as simply as i can ( you can ask for a translation if it`s too difficult for you ) i think that it should be the parents responsibility to raise their children ,.not the State`s ! It is my opinion ( and only MY opinion ) that children shouldn`t need to start State school until, aged 7 and before then they should be taught by the parents if they can`t afford to pay for Private tuition. I read of cases where the teachers at 5 age .It`s all too easy in this country for " responsible " parents to shuffle their 1 year old off to Nursery before that are potty trained or can tie their own shoe laces. Also it`s known that some 5 year olds rush out of school at end of day to meet Mom and up her jumper to get some food !!
There is a lasting legacy for the children who have very little contact with their "real " parents unless it`s for the Annual holidays abroad ( no doubt with money which they have earned while having their children cared for free by others )

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The ignorant part was the statement “ It has to be said that today the majority of parents expect The State to pay for the kids which they needn`t have had anyway.”

peoples circumstances change and life is far more expensive now than it used to be.

I think the majority of parents are actually just trying to do their absolute best to raise decent human beings x
By letting someone else raise them ? you may be right !

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

I`m sorry ,you are right fun you are right . I meant to write "many" not "most". Writing so much my finger ached .I actually know a few of the many in person but thankfully they`r not my own children or G.children.

B

Bad_Influence

It never ceases to amaze me how people can generalise so continuously from their fake pedestals.

Y

yaris

I`ll try to make it simple in future. Put it as simply as i can ( you can ask for a translation if it`s too difficult for you ) i think that it should be the parents responsibility to raise their children ,.not the State`s ! It is my opinion ( and only MY opinion ) that children shouldn`t need to start State school until, aged 7 and before then they should be taught by the parents if they can`t afford to pay for Private tuition. I read of cases where the teachers at 5 age .It`s all too easy in this country for " responsible " parents to shuffle their 1 year old off to Nursery before that are potty trained or can tie their own shoe laces. Also it`s known that some 5 year olds rush out of school at end of day to meet Mom and up her jumper to get some food !!
There is a lasting legacy for the children who have very little contact with their "real " parents unless it`s for the Annual holidays abroad ( no doubt with money which they have earned while having their children cared for free by others )
I do the afternoon school run twice a week for my daughter, i pick a 4yr old from Nursery, which as he is 4, he is entitled to 30hrs a week Nursery time free of charge, all 3/4yr olds are entitled to that, its law!, i then go and pick his 6yr old brother up from School, i am there with quite a few other Grans and Grandads plus mums and dads too..i can honestly say i have never in the years i have been doing this, seen any child rush up to their mother and demand to be breastfed!, i think that is what you're implying when you mention food?...some people have to send their children to Nursery at a very young age, single parents have to go back to work.. the ones round here take babies from 6mths onwards. My daughter, the first time around, saved up during her Maternity leave for when she knew that her son would be going to to Nursery, the 2nd time, sadly she had an inheritance from her Dad, she used that to take extended Maternity leave. Everyone has a different circumstance.

B

Bad_Influence

Oh every woman gets her tits out outside the school. Surely you see this every day? :D:D:D

Back