What are you reading?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I am reading:
Instructions voor Endoscope examination of the Intestines.
Writer: Hospital
The day before.. No more Coffee ...... What? This is HELL! I hope to never ever have to read/do this again!!!!!!!
I am going to read The Day After!
If there is ever a thread about this then i can confidently post to it without being called silly names !. I`ve had two of them in the past 3 years .
I don`t think it examines the Intestines though ! It examines the Ousophagus ( spelled wrong ) and the Stomach and thats about it i think .

Ingrid1965

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
If there is ever a thread about this then i can confidently post to it without being called silly names !. I`ve had two of them in the past 3 years .
I don`t think it examines the Intestines though ! It examines the Ousophagus ( spelled wrong ) and the Stomach and thats about it i think .
Lighten up Hell!

Soul_Less

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I must look out for this one to give it a try. Some time ago I did come across "A Brief History of Time" by Hawking, widely called the most bought, but unread book of all time. And I can understand why... . I couldn't get through the first few pages, It appeared to be a book written for scientists.
Brief Answers to the Big Questions is much more accommodating than A Brief History of Time. It's immediately engaging and beautifully written. In my humble opinion, it's a wonderful and enlightening piece of literature. Highly recommended.

JennyFleck

Inconsistently Consistent
Reaction score
the sea, the sea by Iris Murdoch

In the Approaches by Nicola Barker

Cat100

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I am currently reading "Women and Economics: A Study of the Economic Relation Between Men and Women as a Factor in Social Evolution" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman.

Here is a brief bio of the book: "Women and Economics - A Study of the Economic Relation Between Men and Women as a Factor in Social Evolution is a book written by Charlotte Perkins Gilman and published in 1898. It is considered by many to be her single greatest work and as with much of Gilman's writing the book touched a few dominant themes; the transformation of marriage, the family, and the home with her central argument 'the economic independence and specialization of women as essential to the improvement of marriage, motherhood, domestic industry, and racial improvement'.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
'The hidden life of Otto Frank' by Carol Lee
I've been reading the biography of Anne Frank's father, the sole survivor of the eight who were in hiding. It wasn't an easy read, what with all the Dutch and German places/names, but it was an interesting take on the well known story.

JennyFleck

Reaction score
I am currently reading "Women and Economics: A Study of the Economic Relation Between Men and Women as a Factor in Social Evolution" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman.

Here is a brief bio of the book: "Women and Economics - A Study of the Economic Relation Between Men and Women as a Factor in Social Evolution is a book written by Charlotte Perkins Gilman and published in 1898. It is considered by many to be her single greatest work and as with much of Gilman's writing the book touched a few dominant themes; the transformation of marriage, the family, and the home with her central argument 'the economic independence and specialization of women as essential to the improvement of marriage, motherhood, domestic industry, and racial improvement'.
This sounds right up my street :)

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
At this moment in time i am reading the Forums on UkChatters :D . One of the most comical and interesting books of all :).

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I've been reading Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh (revised edition). This re-issue of the novel has a preface by the author explaining that substantial cuts have been made to make it more readable. So it's been dumbed-down for people like me! :rolleyes:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Damn !! whenever i see a posting by LadyOnArooftop i can`t read what she writes as i`m too entranced by her sexy female rear end :D

JennyFleck

Reaction score
Fludd by Hilary Mantel

I love, love, LOVE Hilary Mantel.

JennyFleck

Reaction score
The Memory Shop by Ella Griffin

His Bloody Project by Graeme Macrae Burnet

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score

Vaxxers: The Inside Story of the Oxford AstraZeneca Vaccine and the Race Against the Virus​

Sarah Gilbert - Catherine Green.

"In Vaxxers, we hear directly from Professor Gilbert and her colleague Dr Catherine Green as they reveal the inside story of making the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine and the cutting-edge science and sheer hard work behind it.

This is their story of fighting a pandemic as ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances. Sarah and Cath share the heart-stopping moments in the eye of the storm; they separate fact from fiction; they explain how they made a highly effective vaccine in record time with the eyes of the world watching; and they give us hope for the future."

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I've received as a gift a copy of STRATA: William Smith’s Geological Maps, by Oxford University Museum of Natural History. It is very well put together considering the lay of of the original hand coloured 'A Delineation of the Strata of England and Wales, with part of Scotland' map. If you are a geologist, rock hound, fossil hunter, amateur or professional and so on, or just interested in these subjects or have a wish to learn, I highly recommend it as a wonderful historical read and study.

JennyFleck

Reaction score
Dead Head by C. J Skuse

Breasts and Eggs by Mieko Kawakami

At Home: A Short History of Private Life by Bill Bryson

Back