Inconsistently Consistent
Reaction score
How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
Find Me by Andre Aciman

JennyFleck

Reaction score
If I Can't Have You by Charlotte Levin

Love Is Not Enough by Mark Manson (audiobook)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Spike Milligan's wartime memoirs.
Reading them, the barrack-room, zany humour was clearly there from a very young age. Who else would have 'I told you I was ill' carved on their tombstone :)

JennyFleck

Reaction score
In Bloom (Sweetpea Series, Book 2) by C.J Skuse
Mayflies by Andrew O'Hagan

Graham Norton's Book Club Podcast Ep1 and Ep2.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Great idea! We should all upload photos of our bookcase. Mind you, I'd struggle because mine are on shelves spread all over the place. But I wonder who would carefully select books for the photo, just to give a better impression? ;)

JennyFleck

Reaction score
Every Day Is Mother's Day by Hilary Mantel

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
One of the book shelves spread all over the house. I really ought to invest in a bookcase with a glass front, if only to keep the dusting down :rolleyes: Capture shelf - Copy.JPG

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Great idea! We should all upload photos of our bookcase. Mind you, I'd struggle because mine are on shelves spread all over the place. But I wonder who would carefully select books for the photo, just to give a better impression? ;)
Would you please give examples of books that would impress any of your 'readers'. You have aroused my curiosity.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Would you please give examples of books that would impress any of your 'readers'. You have aroused my curiosity.
Impress my readers?! I'm not out to impress anyone. Any books I've mentioned on this thread I am proud to own, whether they impress anyone or not.. . .Books that I've not kept were took to the charity shop for someone else to possibly enjoy. As for 'carefully selecting books' for a photo, It's actually more a case of would people remove books that one may very well love, but others may ridicule? e.g I have a shelf full of reproduction 'Dan Dare' stories from the 1950s that i could have uploaded but didn't, Hope that clears things up.

Last edited:

JennyFleck

Reaction score
The Brain by David Eagleman
Solaris by Stanislaw Lem

Back