Solution to covid?

S

Saphire

My idea of living, is to protect myself and others best I can, and carry on with life as much as I did pre Covid.
So...I get vaccinated, wear a mask in enclosed spaces, don't cough and splutter on other people, and sanitise my hands regularly....why should that be such a big deal to you or anyone else?
If everyone did the same, I expect there would be less infections and .more chance of life getting back to normal for all.

The fact that much fewer people are now becoming seriously ill, and hopefully that trend will continue, is thanks to the vaccine programme being successful.

I agree that Covid has caused many other difficulties, for world economies and , for many, physically and mentally, that's a huge tragedy, sadly, that's what a pandemic like this, unlike any other we have seen in our lifetimes, has done.
So, the sooner it's managed globally, the better everyone will be.

I believe vaccination is the best way, not only here, but everywhere....and as soon as the poorer countries have full access to jabs, the less chance the virus has of mutating into something that is worse than we are dealing with right now.

S

Saphire

So that Omicon cases are huge is a sign that the vaccines work? What logic are you using to come to that conclusion? Make sense or at least try to.

Again I ask you how many vaccines are you prepared to have before you accept that they won’t change anything? 4? 5? More? One for every variant?

I’m glad you accept the other consequences are real. Do you honestly think eternal vaccines will change that? Surely you are not suggesting that a time when everyone has a vaccine for any and all viruses must be dealt with via jabs? We have an immune system for a reason, and it has protected us for thousands of years, the vaccines are reducing that self protection on a massive scale, and leaving those vaccinated more susceptible to other illnesses. That is simply a medical fact.

If you want to return to normal act like it. Stop testing for a virus you don’t have, stop over-sanitising yourself, stop being scared. It really that simple.
You constantly contradict yourself...are you aware of that?
For a start...the Omicron is more contagious, so obviously more people are being infected.
It's now thought to be less serious than the previous Covid infections...even so, people are still being hospitalised and dying, the majority of people being hospitalised (according to Dr's NOT government) are the unvaccinated.
Surely even you can work out why.

I will have a vaccine every year, just as I have the flu vaccine every year.
People test for a virus they don't have, just as they get vaccinated for a virus they don't have....to prevent spread.
If you have children, have they been vaccinated against diseases?
Vaccines work....that's why we don't have polio or smallpox killing off millions, presumably you would have been against getting jabbed for them also back in the day.

S

Saphire

Hospitalised and Dying? See the comment above. :rolleyes:
My children’s medical history has nothing to do with you, and I don’t see why you think it does.
Vaccines work, I won’t argue with that. But when have you needed someone else to have a vaccine so that yours works? You do know that these mRNA vaccines are a whole new science dont you? Ok the science has been around a while but has never passed animal testing, let alone human testing, so comparing them to polio or smallpox is ridiculous in my opinion.
My point...which obviously went clean over your head, is that had people not been willing to have themselves and their children vaccinated, even though neither they nor their children had contacted various diseases, take polio for example....the wards would still be filled with patients in iron lungs.

No vaccine is 100% effective or safe, however, considering how many millions of lives have already been saved by this vaccination programme, and if you dont get scared silly by the false figures quoted by the conspiracy theorists who are having a field day right now...(include yourself in that group) having the vaccinations and the booster is the best way to get out of this pandemic.....thus the best way to help the people who are suffering from unrelated hardships.

Now...as this subject has once more been done to death....over and out.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
You constantly contradict yourself...are you aware of that?

Watch him rage away until he flounces in a sulk again and returns in yet another Covid 19 ID to continue his VIP online campaign on a site a handful or so of people comment on. It will never go anywhere constructive with him, the conversation can't evolve because he is 'stuck' at the very beginning and can't escape the quicksand he jumped into headfirst.

Typing exactly the same lines over and over again and over again.

It's not even as if his lines are interesting or enjoyable to read, the man is a bore.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
Then all he does, over and over and over again, is type lines to provoke a negative response. A very lonely needy old man and any response is better than none.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
You have just shown that you do not understand the term 'principle of parsimony'.

Principle of parsimony = Occam's razor.

Can also be called the 'law of parsimony'.

Here, have a

View attachment 7163

Depending on whether one uses Parsimony in the economic dictionary defined use, or as you now say the laws of parsimony.

So lets unpack that a little.

Occum's razor is but a simple assumption.

"This convenient rule of thumb urges us, when faced with two hypotheses that explain the data equally well, to choose the simpler."

When Sagan wrote that he was interpreting the actual meaning of Occum's theorising.

"Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily."

As in, we should not look to complicate without reason.
That is very different from the oft assumed "simplest answer is the correct one."

Science has moved on a lot since the 14th century.

We are able to embrace the logic of the "Butterfly Effect" whilst also acknowledging the illogical concept of "Chaos Theory".

Occum's Razor, whilst valid to a point, fails when a problem demands high resolution thinking with uncontrolled variables.

It is also commonly used by people who don't know what it actually means.

{edit due to spelling lol}

Last edited:
Back