My professional trowel thoughts.

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
This is another picture of my garden, I hope you like my 14 foot trowel sculpture guyz.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 14-45-57 The Giant Trowel II by Claes Oldenburg.png

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
This is another picture of my garden, I hope you like my 14 foot trowel sculpture guyz.

View attachment 15171

Bloody amazeballs m8ty.
Wot a massive trowel you have!
Lovin' the garden too. It looks so peaceful. *heart* + *heart*
Sharing our thoughts and life with the guyzzz on here. Golly gosh, brings a tear to my eye.

1713460248562.png

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The 'thinkers' who use a Simple AI Bot to demonstrate their "superiority" over each other.

LOL! :)

lol yeah, *stares* what the f.uck is that all about?

*smbwh*

Kev45

Reaction score

Kev45

Reaction score
snows-snow_shovel-snow_shoveling-trowel-build_character-social-issues-CC38794_low.jpg

Kev45

Reaction score
That should say "tool" :cool:

'Tool' such as this total gibberish and yet another DOA example of utter ignorance, right?

Looking at prison numbers for people who were in care compared to people who weren't, there are far more people in prison and young offenders who weren't involved in the care system.

"The data shows concerning trends for young LAC. More than half (52%) of children in care had a criminal conviction by age 24 compared to 13% of children who had not been in care."

"Moreover, of the children in care who received a custodial sentence, 18% were under 16 when they were imprisoned for the first time, this is 4.5 times higher than for those who have never been in care (4%)."

"Across the system, we see children that have been in the care system experience worse outcomes than their peers who have not been in contact with the system. Latest government data from 2021 shows that 41% of 19–21-year-old care leavers were not in education, employment, or training, compared to 12% of all other young people in the same age group."

"Tool" indeed. :)

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
'Tool' such as this total gibberish and yet another DOA example of utter ignorance, right?

"The data shows concerning trends for young LAC. More than half (52%) of children in care had a criminal conviction by age 24 compared to 13% of children who had not been in care."

"Moreover, of the children in care who received a custodial sentence, 18% were under 16 when they were imprisoned for the first time, this is 4.5 times higher than for those who have never been in care (4%)."

"Across the system, we see children that have been in the care system experience worse outcomes than their peers who have not been in contact with the system. Latest government data from 2021 shows that 41% of 19–21-year-old care leavers were not in education, employment, or training, compared to 12% of all other young people in the same age group."

"Tool" indeed. :)

Well a "Tool" would post that on the wrong thread............ and you did :p

Kev45

Reaction score
senior-male-sitting-on-a-recliner-in-his-undershirt-in-boxers-looking-like-a-slob-W2EJDT.jpg

stock-photo-a-group-of-kayakers-riding-in-the-sea-85892554.jpg

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
You just want to see me moist don't you ;)

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I thoroughly recommend fingering your trowel. Very handy.

trowel fingering.jpg

Kev45

Reaction score
Fun fact of the day.

Trowels can be left-handed or right and or ambidextrous, as can toothbrushes.

Us lefties have to struggle through life in a right-handed world and every little helps, right?

IMG_1433 (1280x960).jpg

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
[In disguise.] April, 2024. At a Ninja trowel demonstration where they are used as weapons.

Ninja trowel targets are primarily the more exposed parts of the body: the eyes, face, hands, penis, or feet. Ninja trowels, despite low mass, were capable of dealing lethal blows at short ranges. In some cases, Ninja trowels were capable of partially disembowelling targets. You have been warned.

TWIAP at a demonstration.jpg
I

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
TROWEL JOURNAL at University College Dublin

Trowel is a student run journal and is a great opportunity for undergraduates, graduates, and post-graduates to gain experience with the editing and publishing processes while also adding to their personal bibliography and CV.
1714072918067.png

Established in 1988 at University College Dublin, the Trowel journal gave many well establish Irish Archaeologists the ability to published their first articles and we hope to continue supporting future archaeologists.

Trowel publishes annually and is open to ALL university students and alumni in Ireland and Northern Ireland and farther abroad. Our aim is to facilitate students and novice archaeologists from across the world to publish their research and to further explore their interests.

Trowel often contains three main content types: featured articles, book reviews, and ARCH Diaries. The ARCH Diaries section provides an opportunity for students to write about and reflect on their experiences in the field or lab during field schools, work placements or volunteer work. Trowel is also open to interviews and other content types related to archaeology.

Occasionally, the Association of Young Irish Archaeologists partners with Trowel to publish their conference proceedings.
TY@UCD

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
1714136530392.png

1. Denial

What are you on about? Of course I haven’t lost it. No I put it down next to… erm… Trench 6. Yep that’s right, the one they’re back filling right now. Or it’s in the Site Hut on the table. Definitely on the table. Definitely maybe on the table. Or next to… no. I can’t have back filled another one. Law of averages says I can’t have buried another one…

2. Anger

FOR ****’S SAKE THAT’S THE SECOND ******* TROWEL THIS ******* WEEK!!!! WHO STOLE IT!? SOMEBODY DID. MUST HAVE. *******’S. MORTIMER ******* WHEELER NEVER PUT UP WITH
THIS ******* ******* IT’S JUST SO ******* UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

3. Bargaining

Hiya. Do you mind if I have a quick look at your trowel? It’s just that mine had a tiny scratch on the handle a bit like… Yep, just like that, though obviously, it didn’t have your name on the handle like this one. Did you just find it? Are you sure? Did you just write your name on it? Are you sure? Are you sure you’re sure?

4. Depression

I can’t believe this is happening. To me. Again. It’s just not fair. Why do bad things happen to good people? And keep happening. Twice a week on average. I don’t know why I bother. I don’t know why anyone bothers. I hate archaeology. It’s just so… hopeless.

5. Acceptance

OK. So it’s happened again. I accept that now. It’s my destiny to lose trowels. But if nobody had ever lost anything, there’d be nothing for archaeologists to find. So really, losing stuff is a good thing. A great thing even. I’m part of an honourable and noble tradition. Trowels are ten a penny anyway, and that one had a well dodgy handle. So let’s celebrate! Pub anyone?

via digadventuresdotcom

Kev45

Reaction score
Hey guyz I have just bought this trowel bayonet to add to my US Miliaria collection. A useful dual-purpose tool on the frontier because it saved soldiers lugging about an unwieldy, heavy shovel. A concept that came about after the loss at Little Bighorn, when soldiers could not dig firing trenches quickly with their regular bayonets. :rolleyes:

176878.jpg

Kev45

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is me holding what is known as a signal trowel, I bet you have never seen one of these before, right?

sign-signal-danger-fire-brigade-fireman-trowel-discharge-stop-man-J85942.jpg

Kev45

Reaction score
Hey guyz here is a gardening poem I wrote some years ago now. Enjoy.

My Mighty Trowel.

I prefer to gaze at my Eden through this veil of screens. There, the miracle of sun and bloom explodes with delight over my stoned edges.

But...ponder me first before venturing once more unto that breach, for there, in the bowels of hosta and fern lurk the humping beetle larvae, phantom chompers, and coal ink gorging rot, all in roiling orgy, within my manicured lines.

And, were I not a steward of the natural order, I would Rambo myself into the fray with bandoleers of bug cannons and porcupine piss grenades.

Poised like a Spartan at the hot gates. My doomed, flowing locks fluttering in the blaze until the carnivorous Paraná fleas hollow me out from within

and I fall like straw man turned delicately to bed. Cloistered again behind screen and wicker, very non-Spartan like, relentlessly resigned to trowel and tribulation. :)

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I have a trowel, I have a garden.
My personality can you pardon?
I live amongst the weeds.
The slow growing leaves.
My emotions, have hardened.

I love nature in its ways.
Tis what it makes it displays.
We agree
To disagree
But we play.

My trowel.
My tribulation.
My chat.
My desperation.

To be seen as much more,
Than a simple gardener.
To be seen as a man,
Not a simple.. er..?

Kev45

Reaction score
Here is a video of me and my site mates demonstrating our trowel tricks, guyz.

Back