My professional trowel thoughts.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
British spiders can't hurt you, the vast majority of the spidery little bitey things can't even break through human or animal skin. False widow spiders are altogether different and can cause chest pain and nausea, and which is not helpful at all if you already have underlying cardiac or other health issues.

These though are tiny and so not the giant spider you had issues with.

House spiders on the whole are useful because they check the spread of insect born diseases in the home and are also considered a lucky charm in many cultures less squeamish than the British.

"If you want to live and thrive, let the spider run alive.”
spiders generally play a positive role in controlling pests, it's understandable that encountering certain species can cause concern or anxiety for some individuals. As with any wildlife, it's essential to respect their presence while also taking appropriate precautions to ensure safety and well-being.

I was sitting in a friends conservatory having a nice smoke and a chat when a caterpillar came crawling in. My immediate reaction was to jump up
and squash it. She stopped me, picked it up and returned it to the garden. She turned to me and said something like "it's never done me any harm". As The Beatles would say, it made me feel like turning to the wall... feeling two foot small. :( Since that day, I've never been unkind to insects but i refuse to be friends with them!

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
Hey guyz this is me discussing why using a smaller trowel puts less strain on my wrists.

Always keep your trowel clean, trowel hygiene is key guyz, or it will end up looking like this. Give your trowel a nice scrub after use and then rinse it off with water, shake off the excess water, or towel it down, and you are good to go.

20181020_110603.jpg

Kev45

Reaction score
sport-towel-throw_in_the_towel-trowels-misunderstandings-boxes-tzun952_low.jpg

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
TwoTrowelsInAConcretePool

presents a trowel machine!

Vroom vroom

1713288213114.png

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
How to hold your tool while measuring it.

For flexibility, I like a hard leather holster that folds, positions and presents my tool at its maximum length.

Covered protection. Trowel tuck, ready for action.

alan grant2.jpg

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Outdoor trowel use and head protection, Alan Grant style!

Unashamed hero worship. Move over Indi!

alan grant hat.jpeg

Kev45

Reaction score
Lol!

Kev45

Reaction score
Hey guyz this is another picture of me holding my big trowel, I had to colour out the eyes because I don't want anyone recognizing me in Aldi, and I am sure you understand why. :rolleyes:

workman-25908351.jpg

Kev45

Reaction score
huge.0.2596.JPG

Hey guyz this is an example of my trowel work that I recently sold in auction on eBay for a tidy sum of £212.71p. The buyer was extremely happy with their purchase, a long term investment, and when they took it for a valuation at Sotheby's the International Head of Old Master Division expert Christopher Apostle was also very impressed and said to the buyer:-

The dance of the brushstrokes is not merely a prelude to releasing the subconscious, but also a search to find an equivalent to the rhythmic structure of the visual world with one's own body. The construction of a painting stroke by stroke, touch after touch, is a function of the internal rules of composition, that of the canvas taken from life is conditioned by the phenomenon of symbiosis between the physical resources of the artist and the unfolding of the event...

This fusion, which they have made the keystone of their art, is a form of combat, albeit a wily one, since it is not a matter of restoring to reality the power emanating from it, but of playing smart with it in order to outsmart its tendency to produce chaos. The dance of the artist at one and the same time, prelude and performance...

The artist does not turn perceived phenomena into fetishistic, embalmed, stuffed or mummified objects. It is they who are metamorphosed into a humble man and his trowel, to embrace the movements of life and to battle on its terrain, time. It would be impossible to envisage the felicitous fusion of the decisive moment without this sort of ambivalent ritual between combat and seduction of the modest trowel in all its glistening manifestation.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
@Kev45

I don't blame you about Aldi!

More power to your trowel 'm8'.

haha.jpg

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Thank you to @Kev45 for freeing up my troweliness, thus allowing me to post a photo of myself and one of my many trowels at play. I too have coloured out my eyes, and also my name so that I am not recognised in Aldi's. Especially the middle aisle, where, tool fetishists gather in droves!! (you know who you are)

Untitled.jpg

Kev45

Reaction score
Guyz this was the scene outside my local Aldi at Easter when word got around that all tools had been reduced by 50%.

DOA is a sausage.jpg

Kev45

Reaction score
I am extremely modest guyz, but I am proud of this award I received last year.

canvas.png

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
That should say "tool" :cool:

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I am extremely modest guyz, but I am proud of this award I received last year.

View attachment 15166

Well deserved m8, well deserved! I can only imagine how jealous this will make the other 'thinkers'!!

wait for their comments m8, seething and loathing and raging. LOL

hand clap.gif

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Guyzzz, I too am a modest forum user. But, I delight in sharing, with you all, the awards I have received for my Trowel Trials and my many actions in the Advancement of Trowelling.

Golden Trowel award.

In recognition of Excellence in Construction of Flat & Level Concrete Floors

two whales golden trowel award.jpg

Kev45

Reaction score
I can only imagine how jealous this will make the other 'thinkers'!!

The 'thinkers' who use a Simple AI Bot to demonstrate their "superiority" over each other.

LOL! :)

Back