My professional trowel thoughts.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
@Kev45 lol

Us foodies huh!?!.

'I once ate a vegan................'

Not finishing the story. Imagination is everything.

Nom nom fam. Nom f.ucking nom!

PS. Thanks for the sowundz. Am twurkun like a beeach now! Getting in duh moowd.

Last edited:

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Passing the time this afternoon, learning about Oil of brick. (Oleum de Lateribus/Oil of Philosophers)

a story for another day.

In the mean time, here is another delightful trowel.

twiap tree trowel.jpg

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Hey fam, :cool:

Nuthur trowull viberoni chex.

2dys lit vid iz totesmore boujee.

Am kumpleetlee shooketh.

Enchoi fam! f.ucking Enchoi!

:)

Alex teaches us how to clean our tool/s

Kev45

Devils advocate? Contrarian ego strokers.
Reaction score
Hey guyz, I used these trowels today on site to celebrate Pride week.

hjrjjrhhj.jpg

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
hey fam, in keeping and support with @Kev45

Here's a drawing of my hand and my trowel, in honour of PRIDE Month 2024.
trowel hand.png

pride trowel.jpg

Kev45

Reaction score
It was BOILING hot on site today guyz, here is me at home getting ready to jump in a nice cold shower to cool off.

gettyimages-141480129-612x612.jpg

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
rainbow plastering fam. rainbow f.ucking plastering!

1717280560162.png

Kev45

Reaction score
Good morning guyz,

I thought that you would be interested to know that our greatest monarch, Queen Victoria, actually got stuck in and helped build the iconic Royal Albert Hall of Arts and Sciences.

Armed with her own bespoke trowel and here are a few images.

7,000 people gathered to admire her trowel work.

1867_Queen_Victoria_Foundation_Stone.jpg.jpg

And an image of her personal trowel, which was specially commissioned to fit her tiny lil hands.

903973-1563183878.jpg

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Good morning guyz,

I thought that you would be interested to know that our greatest monarch, Queen Victoria, actually got stuck in and helped build the iconic Royal Albert Hall of Arts and Sciences.

Armed with her own bespoke trowel and here are a few images.

7,000 people gathered to admire her trowel work.

View attachment 15609

And an image of her personal trowel, which was specially commissioned to fit her tiny lil hands.

View attachment 15610

Go Vicky, you trowelling Queen!

Am shooketh at her arm an tiny wittle handies action.

@Kev45

Luv a bit lit history a do. Fanks for the info. and pics.

1717420957629.png

Kev45

Reaction score
I watched the 'leaders' debate with interest last night, and “laying it on with a trowel” sprang to mind. :)

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Hey fam, after a week filled with trowelling work extraordinaire I decided to have a manicure.

Nails are lit fam, nails are f.ucking lit!

PRIDE NAILS.jpg

Kev45

Reaction score
Hey guyz I know you have missed trowel tales, back by popular demand and so let's get right back into it.

This is my favourite trowel right now. It's a Sneeboer planting trowel (I am an expert gardener, and even better than Titchmarsh) in old Dutch style. These trowels are elite trowels and hand forged and sharpened on both sides making it the perfect tool to work fast and with precision in the garden. :)

8715093049066-2.jpg

Kev45

Reaction score

By public demand, some cheeky trowel tips for beginners.​

Initiating the Trowel Optimization Protocol (T.O.P.) will facilitate the efficacious deployment of mortar-based matrixes within the context of a bricklaying paradigm. Firstly, one must calibrate the ergonomic interface between the user's hand and the trowel's ergodynamic contours, thereby establishing a harmonious resonance between the operator's kinetic energy and the tool's angular momentum.

Subsequently, a series of precision movements must be executed to initiate the trowel's centrifugal force vectors, thereby generating a radial dispersion pattern of mortar within the designated work zone. The resultant vortex-like action will optimize the bonding capacity between adjacent brick facings, thereby reinforcing the structural integrity of the masonry assembly.

In order to fine-tune this process, the user must then develop a high degree of proprioceptive awareness, allowing for real-time adjustments to be made in response to subtle variations in mortar viscosity, substrate topography, and ambient humidity. This acquired expertise will enable the seamless integration of disparate components within the larger architectural matrix, thereby yielding a visually stunning and functionally robust finished product.

Upon mastery of these advanced trowelling techniques, practitioners will be empowered to transcend mere technical proficiency. Instead, embodying a holistic fusion of artistry, science, and manual dexterity, thereby elevating their craft to an unprecedented level of excellence and having much more fun with their trowel! o_O:rolleyes:

Kev45

Reaction score
A romantic trowel love story for a drizzly Saturday afternoon, guyz, enjoy! :)

It was a sweltering hot summer's day in the small town of Fenly-on-Thucka, where the sun beat down mercilessly on the dusty, tree lined streets. Kev45, a ruggedly handsome bricklayer, was hard at work on his latest building project, a kitchen extension for the EeLicit family. Sweat trickling down his lobster red neck and as he expertly mixed and applied the mortar to the intricate stone facade, his eyes couldn't help but stray to the beautiful matriarch. Sally55fromBolton, who was supervising the work from her shaded patio, casually sipping a chilled glass of white wine.

As Kev45's hands moved deftly and swiftly with his trowel, glinting like a samurai sword in the sunshine, he felt an unexpected thrill course through his body. The smooth, cool metal fit comfortably in his hand, and he found himself imagining all the ways he could use it to create something erotic and sensual. He pictured himself caressing Sally55fromBolton's soft skin with the gentle touch of his trowel, tracing her curves and contours with precision and yet reckless abandon.

Sally55fromBolton, sensing his gaze, turned to him with a knowing smile. Ah, kev45, you're doing an exquisite job, she said, her voice husky and seductive. I think you've got a real talent for this work. Kev45's heart skipped a beat as he met her eyes. He felt like he was melting under her gaze, like the crumbling cement on the hot paving beneath his feet. He knew he had to take a chance, to see if there was more to this chemistry than just bricks and mortar.

With a nervous grin, Kev45 carefully set down his beloved trowel and cautiously approached Sally55fromBolton. May I take a short break? He asked, his voice low and gruff. Sally55fromBolton nodded, her big brown eyes sparkling with curiosity. Of course, Kev45. Take your time. Take all the time you need.

And so Kev45 did. He took a deep breath, feeling the heat of the scorching sun on his skin as he reached out to gently brush cement dust from Sally55fromBolton's earlobe. The touch sent shivers down his spine as he felt her gaze lock onto his. A brief moment that felt like it lasted a lifetime.

Kev45 understood then that this was more than just a random encounter, much, much more. It was the start of something special. And as they stood there together, surrounded by piles of broken bricks and rubble. The sound of hammering in the distance, Kev45 couldn't help but wonder, just how many more extensions might his trusty trowel build, in the coming days, weeks, and months.

400x400.jpg

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
A romantic trowel love story for a drizzly Saturday afternoon, guyz, enjoy! :)

It was a sweltering hot summer's day in the small town of Fenly-on-Thucka, where the sun beat down mercilessly on the dusty, tree lined streets. Kev45, a ruggedly handsome bricklayer, was hard at work on his latest building project, a kitchen extension for the EeLicit family. Sweat trickling down his lobster red neck and as he expertly mixed and applied the mortar to the intricate stone facade, his eyes couldn't help but stray to the beautiful matriarch. Sally55fromBolton, who was supervising the work from her shaded patio, casually sipping a chilled glass of white wine.

As Kev45's hands moved deftly and swiftly with his trowel, glinting like a samurai sword in the sunshine, he felt an unexpected thrill course through his body. The smooth, cool metal fit comfortably in his hand, and he found himself imagining all the ways he could use it to create something erotic and sensual. He pictured himself caressing Sally55fromBolton's soft skin with the gentle touch of his trowel, tracing her curves and contours with precision and yet reckless abandon.

Sally55fromBolton, sensing his gaze, turned to him with a knowing smile. Ah, kev45, you're doing an exquisite job, she said, her voice husky and seductive. I think you've got a real talent for this work. Kev45's heart skipped a beat as he met her eyes. He felt like he was melting under her gaze, like the crumbling cement on the hot paving beneath his feet. He knew he had to take a chance, to see if there was more to this chemistry than just bricks and mortar.

With a nervous grin, Kev45 carefully set down his beloved trowel and cautiously approached Sally55fromBolton. May I take a short break? He asked, his voice low and gruff. Sally55fromBolton nodded, her big brown eyes sparkling with curiosity. Of course, Kev45. Take your time. Take all the time you need.

And so Kev45 did. He took a deep breath, feeling the heat of the scorching sun on his skin as he reached out to gently brush cement dust from Sally55fromBolton's earlobe. The touch sent shivers down his spine as he felt her gaze lock onto his. A brief moment that felt like it lasted a lifetime.

Kev45 understood then that this was more than just a random encounter, much, much more. It was the start of something special. And as they stood there together, surrounded by piles of broken bricks and rubble. The sound of hammering in the distance, Kev45 couldn't help but wonder, just how many more extensions might his trusty trowel build, in the coming days, weeks, and months.

View attachment 15846

I love this story! *applause*
1720951363669.png
Please write more 'Tales from The Trowel Bank'.
1720951157657.png

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
sup fam!

I waz wurkin mah trowel ard.

1721145332431.png

now am takin time to relax aftur ah ard day.

1721145279717.png

Kev45

Reaction score
Hey guyz, I know how much you all are enjoying this thread. o_O

My hands are HUGE hardened muscled meat slabs now after 51 years of bricklaying. I did keep my first trowel from when I started out with soft hands as an apprentice in 1959. I used that trowel every day for 10 years before it became too worn, and I had to replace it with a Marshalltown. :)

il_fullxfull.5744825621_lg6z.jpg

Here it is.

Back