Is the Trinity Doctrine Biblical?

Show me in the Bible three gods written?

• All

• Proof me

Results are only viewable after voting.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Mam, if you have never read the Bible, please don't guess. Go read it and you will see what it is.
The Bible is a book written to keep the masses in check ..
I have read it when I was sent to Sunday school and church every Sunday till I was 15, then i was given free reign to either contuine going or become a lapsed Christian . Lost faith years ago .so no i wont be renewing it anytime soon.

B

Bad_Influence

If it is so, then why all those magician that you see are doing great things? Did you know that many of them are using demons to do magic? If you don't believe in God, then how old are you really?

Was any of that supposed to make any sense at all?

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Mam, if you have never read the Bible, please don't guess. Go read it and you will see what it is.
Man, if you don't know whether or not I have read the Bible, please don't guess. Of course I have read the Bible. School was quite Christian at Primary level and also I went to Sunday school, so I am quite familiar with its fables and metaphors. I think they are quite good in terms of life lessons and showing people how to be good but obviously it's not to be taken literally!

O

Oswestrian

I'm wonder why many denominations are holding to a teaching that isn't anywhere in the Bible.
Do the Apostles of Jesus have believed in the Three gods?
God Father, God Son, and God Holly Spirit?

My brother,

You are absolutely correct. You will not find the word "Trinity" anywhere in the New or Old Testament. It's very much an Anglican word. But as you have stated below, God has manifested himself in three separate ways yet all three are God.

Furthermore, I think it is the Anglican church itself that ADDED THEIR OWN WORDS to the prayer that Jesus taught us. (But I am not sure if the Anglican church were the first to add those words.) In the New Testament Jesus did not say "For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, forever and ever." Jesus NEVER taught us to say those words. And that is why the Catholic and Greek Orthodox churches don't say them. Those words were added later on by ordinary men. This is known as "organised religion."

nota bene
The Anglican church is BY FAR the most political denomination of all the denominations that exist. And I'm not even referring to women and homosexual ministers. Do not forget that the first Europeans to live in what is now the United States of America were those who were not happy with the Church of England.

I believe everything I have written is correct but if it isn't, I would welcome any corrections from those who are qualified to do so.

Oswestrian

L

Lauren28

No, it is not biblical. It is a false teaching which takes certain scriptures from the bible, misconstrues them, while ignoring other (many) scriptures which completely contradicts the teaching.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
My brother,

You are absolutely correct. You will not find the word "Trinity" anywhere in the New or Old Testament. It's very much an Anglican word. But as you have stated below, God has manifested himself in three separate ways yet all three are God.

Furthermore, I think it is the Anglican church itself that ADDED THEIR OWN WORDS to the prayer that Jesus taught us. (But I am not sure if the Anglican church were the first to add those words.) In the New Testament Jesus did not say "For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, forever and ever." Jesus NEVER taught us to say those words. And that is why the Catholic and Greek Orthodox churches don't say them. Those words were added later on by ordinary men. This is known as "organised religion."

nota bene
The Anglican church is BY FAR the most political denomination of all the denominations that exist. And I'm not even referring to women and homosexual ministers. Do not forget that the first Europeans to live in what is now the United States of America were those who were not happy with the Church of England.

I believe everything I have written is correct but if it isn't, I would welcome any corrections from those who are qualified to do so.

Oswestrian

From the beginning of creation in Genesis to the end of times in Revelation, God refers to Himself as "us" or "our" and thus describes the doctrine of the Trinity. The word trinity comes from "tri" meaning three and "unity" meaning one. God is three distinct individuals - God the Father, the Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit - in one true God.

Like i said just a book written to the masses in check .

Last edited:

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
I'm wonder why many denominations are holding to a teaching that isn't anywhere in the Bible.
Do the Apostles of Jesus have believed in the Three gods?
God Father, God Son, and God Holly Spirit?
There are not 3 Gods ....its Godheads in one, Father,Son and Holy spirit ...I dont believe in gods

xxwhite_dovexx

Reaction score
Try Genesis 1:26. "....let US make man..." has to be more than 1 or God was talking to Himself , which i doubt

xxwhite_dovexx

Reaction score
My most humble apologies Dove. My comment was supposed to be a reply to the original post by Pipiripi. :oops::oops: I have no idea how I managed to aim it at you.
In my (weak) defence it was going on 4 am.
:(
All is forgiven you can come home now .....pmsl

Pipiripi

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
From the beginning of creation in Genesis to the end of times in Revelation, God refers to Himself as "us" or "our" and thus describes the doctrine of the Trinity. The word trinity comes from "tri" meaning three and "unity" meaning one. God is three distinct individuals - God the Father, the Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit - in one true God.

Like i said just a book written to the masses in check .
Again you don't keep digging in only through the Bible alone. When God says us, He was talking with Jesus His Son alone. They where only TWO PERSON. If the Holy Spirit is a person like God and Jesus, why you can't find any Words ta God has spoken with him, and Jesus also and the Holy Spirit answered them or talk to them. But in the meanwhile the Holy Spirit speak with us!! My friend, the Holy Spirit is the power of God. Their Breath-mind.

Back