Hooters.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
American restaurant chain Hooters, has one place here, and it's under review whether they can open two more, one in Manchester one in Liverpool.
There is a debate as to whether this is putting women back a few decades....the days of Bunny girls and page three.

Hooters girls, offer a unique experience to the diner...reason being they were tight low tops and skimpy hot pants.

Is this empowering women?...they look good, so they may as well flaunt it, the tips are said to be brilliant in these places....or is it objectifying them, not to mention excluding all the fatties or the less attractive girls from applying for jobs there.
The space at the top was the most interesting part of this thread opening. I'd have thought you'd know by now how to compose an opening to a thread.
:rolleyes:

S

Saphire

I did say a week or so ago that HE seemed very familiar. Lol
I have no idea who it is.
But obviously it has an axe to grind, Posters who slip in snide little remarks and personal insults in the guise of debate, always have an agenda of some sort.

C

CrazyCatLady

I did say a week or so ago that HE seemed very familiar. Lol
Now I'm bloody confused! There were indications (shall we say!) that Ballycock and Walesinthehay were female. Now, originally, Ballcock was Victor Meldrew in my head and on reading it was female, it changed to Electra from Pose; Drowningwales has always been Muttley in my head- it was just the headwear that changed.
With the peace over the Easter hols, I gathered Corbyn's minions were doing the holiday thing, so if Citizenfreakshow is Ballycock or Flappingyawales, it's male? It's not intelligent or witty enough to be Victor or Electra. (I shudder when I write that, but alas it is true!)

C

CrazyCatLady

I think they both identify as female. It's the done thing you know, lol
Unfortunately, yes, I do but apparently I'll be supposedly 'outted' as a bull shitter if I recount the number of arguments I've had on that subject.
It never escapes me how there tends to be parental abuse and/or neglect in the backgrounds of those with gender dysphoria that they have repressed or normalised, especially in the early stages of identify formation; an over-identification of a parent or role model of the opposite sex and an idealised view of their 'chosen' sex. You notice that when a man identifies as a woman, their view of womanhood is distorted; the way they over-dress and over act the part, because it is acting out something that is psychologically repressed.

And I've noticed how brilliant they are at projecting their own identity issues onto everyone they meet, even children. To deem that all feel the same confusion in life as they do.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Did you get this info from the same source you got the info about Marlon Brando being exiled from Italy?

It probably did as they possibly had no alternative to taking their clothes off for sleazy men.
Perhaps they have a drug addiction ?
Perhaps they come from an abusive background and they have nowhere to go and no possibility of getting a decent job?

Less safe?
I don't see how any woman can feel safe in any club in which her job is to remove her clothes for complete strangers and be paid for it, let alone going underground..

The mere fact any woman works for a person who runs a club where women strip for men for money is questionable.
And I'm not just referring to the strippers.
If you're even working there as bar staff it's questionable..

There is nothing empowering in taking your clothes of for a complete stranger and being paid for it.
What's the final goal?
Have you ever been to a strip club?

Of course I oppress it, because I want all women to have a decent education, job and life.
Why should I be pro a woman removing her clothes for some sleazy complete stranger?
Yeah. I do research online and have a look at articles that may add to the conversation and add some interest for others to read.

There are women who may have problems who enter the profession, no doubt about it. But what about those women who choose to enter that profession to make money on the side while they're at College or University? I don't think it's fair to tarnish Strip Clubs and the dancers all under one brush and take away a job opportunity away from them because other people find it too sleazy or an unsavoury profession.

When you really think about it, it would become less safe, and women would be vulnerable to abuse if there were underground Strip Clubs. These clubs usually have rules set in place so that the women are made as safe as possible. But of course there's still a risk that comes with that, even though rules are very strict. And it depends on your point of view or judgement. If someone had told me that they worked at a Strip Club as a bar tender, i wouldn't think too much of it. I may ask a few questions out of curiosity, but that's about it.

Maybe not to you it's not empowering, but that doesn't mean women don't find it empowering. What is the final goal? Perhaps for someone to make some money while they're completing their education, or doing some work on the side to save up some money for other projects.
As for me? Yes, i have been to a few Strip Clubs when i was younger. First time was at 16, believe it or not. and i went with older friends who took me along. The experience was different to say the least. Were they grimy places? Yes, i thought so. I did talk to the women that worked there and would ask them what they wanted to do later on in life, and a lot of them would mention how they were studying for certain degrees or saving up for something. So they are intelligent women who knew exactly what they wanted out of life.

If you, or anyone who wants to take away a profession or job opportunity that women want to, or even enjoy doing, then you're not pro-women at all.
This is why I'm calling it an act of oppression. When those who deem something unsavoury or unworthy because of their own moral standards, and those people who have the power and ability to take away those opportunities from others, they don't become a liberator. They instead become the oppressor.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
Blimey O'Reilly...

Why I have been dragged into this infantile gibberish I have no idea.

But but but...

The self-proclaimed "righteous" three, ganging up on yet another chatter, merely for challenging their primitive, prehistoric views regarding the role "women" hold in the sex industry. Apparently "any woman with some grey" can earn good money in the sex industry. Then there is the real world of course...

I would post corroborating evidence but these three bozos don't do academic studies that don't agree with their personal views.

The lonely old man Chris sniping from the sidelines, egging everyone else on, like the coward he is. The same three preachers who angrily chastise other chatters for "abuse" are foaming at the mouth trying to attack a lone individual who challenged their primitive views. Angrily demanding evidence while they themselves provide none.

The lead bubblehead claims to work in the "public sector" in some capacity while publicly airing Islamophobic and racist views that would immediately lead down a disciplinary route if that was truly the case.

The same bubblehead who conveniently always personally knows someone connected in some way or other to the subject matter, whatever it may be.

Cos that's how science works, stupid.

Last edited:

SamBally

Reaction score
It gets worse.

The same three people and one other who should know better.

Why are these people giving "likes" to a man who has publicly, on these very boards, mocked the deaths of infants and small children in the Mediterranean.

Continues to mock them describing them as "dinghy people".

Who claims and I quote, "immigrants are culturally violent and peadophiles".

What sort of people are you?

You DISGUST me.

SamBally

Reaction score
So... We have 'women' boasting about wearing extremely skimpy outfits at stripping clubs and similar, enjoying being ogled at, and enjoying being the center of attention for a certain type of dysfunctional male who frequent those seedy hovels, and who lapped up the attention when the same men complimented their "ass" or "legs" etc.

Yet, publicly condemn and constantly shout angrily at men such as Hell2bewith for doing just that in his own leisure time on an internet forum. Arguing, I assume, that being perved over at work is morally acceptable when you are being paid for it and that it isn't morally acceptable you are not.

So although the evidence is right in front of their own eyes, that some men are incapable of differentiating between the two different scenarios, they are still incapable of understanding why.

What I mean is, that negative male attitudes towards women were slowly improving, but all the current evidence suggests that the internet and smartphones, etc are undoing all those advances. However and this is my main point, surely it is total hypocrisy to condemn an older man for having those same attitudes, merely because they have reached a moral judgment that he is no longer sexually attractive/active due to his advanced years. If of course, it was a young 'fit' builder catcalling from some scaffold they would smile and enjoy it...

Don't confuse ageism with feminism.

...Some women do a disservice to their gender, to feminism in general, to the fight for equality, the campaign against misogyny and prevailing negative male attitudes, and have absolutely NO idea that they are voluntarily part of the problem and not in fact the solution.

SamBally

Reaction score
I am also in hysterics that lurky Christopher, who posts a silly "LMAO" mere seconds after I randomly post day or night, or after I have not posted for days or even weeks, is now trying to change his name back to the other one.

Now that is cringe... and really really creepy.

S

Saphire

Me too!

I have thoughts on the topic but reading through I feel I have just read war and peace without the crack o_O:D
Your comments are always much appreciated, and may even get the topic back on track. (We live in hope) ;)

Back