Guests in YAH

Discussion in 'Young At Heart' started by JustinCredible, Oct 24, 2018.

?

Should guests be allowed back into YAH?

1. No..YAH must remain special

2. Yes.. The room needs new blood

3. omg not another poll kill me now

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. YAH used to be one woman's personal fiefdom and during her tenure as head honcho the decision was taken to ban guests. Some say the room still is a fiefdom but with a different woman ruling over it..I would disagree with that sentiment because democracy was brought to the room with the recent swearing vote.
    The room is however turning into a very cliquey..select group of chatters. At times just a few chat amongst themselves making it hard for others to join in.
    For any group to survive it needs a constant influx of new people.. for this reason It might be that guests should be allowed back into the room

This is an unofficial..not to taken serious..just for a laugh poll so please don't get your knickers in a twist over it..talking about the men here. :rolleyes:

midget_gem and septemberwoman like this.
  2. scaredcat

scaredcat UKChat Newbie

lol justin most guests dont bother chatting anyway no matter how welcome yah chatters make them feel welcome. Most use it to just abuse people with diff nicknames.

3. sidelock

sidelock UKChat Newbie

<Shoots himself not another pole fgs

xxDorisxx and scaredcat like this.
  4. SuperNova

SuperNova UKChat Familiar

I think everyone should be registered, would stop all the abusive and filthy chat only for those generally guest being banned and coming back again, takes seconds to register

Wojcik, megs233, Beemovie and 2 others like this.
  5. LondonGuy

LondonGuy Can't Stop! Won't Stop! Complaining!

Certain registered users are also abusive too and when you complain you get told to block them.

Seems a bit of a free for all at the moment.

Beemovie and SuperNova like this.
  6. dragongirl

dragongirl UKChat Initiate

lol DL, anymore lame polls you can come up with ??

7. Some have clearly not been up to the job but I've found most mods to be fair. I take your point about the 'block' feature. In itself the block is a handy thing when you simply don't care for what a chatter is typing but if you are being labelled a paedophile the block is clearly insufficient..to some your silence may only confirm what the offender is typing and you can't rely solely on the mod taking action on your behalf as they may be afk so you need to see what they are saying so you can report it. If after reporting it nothing gets done I'd take it to Admin.

hell2bwith76 likes this.
  8. Lame polls.. you mean like the Wotsits v Quavers type polls? stop being obtuse..winding me up...goading me . .getting me on the hook! :rolleyes:

hell2bwith76 likes this.
  9. dragongirl

dragongirl UKChat Initiate

But DL...you dangle so well... ;)

10. TheDalaiDrama

TheDalaiDrama Scum of the Earth!

Where have you reported to me?

11. TheDalaiDrama

You sent me criticism about mods and that some dude was talking sh**, and I could take care of that with screenshots. For future reference, if something happens when I am not in, I will require screenshots, and if you can skip the criticism of the mods and just get to the nitty gritty, that'd be great.

xxDorisxx likes this.
  12. TheDalaiDrama

I could if I was in right now. I prefer to save time, I'll get to it eventually.

13. ange52

ange52 UKChat Initiate

Good luck with that, I sent one September 5th still awaiting a reply.

14. TheDalaiDrama

Yours won't get answered

15. ange52

ange52 UKChat Initiate

Never thought it would...…………. that's admin for you answer what they want...……. maybe go back to school and find answers for all?

16. Wojcik

Wojcik UKChat Expert

Should we give trial users full membership benefits? That's what guest status is for in my view. a "try before you buy" trial period, where some features are unlocked until you sign up. And if they've enjoy the trial period, and want to become a full member, what is stopping them from taking five minutes to sign up and become a full member.

JustinCredible and megs233 like this.
  17. Bumble_Bee

Bumble_Bee UKChat Newbie

I have no issues with guest users being allowed in the room. Guests, just like registered chatters, can be nice and can be nasty. Registering has no bearing on the type of chat a person will engage in.

With the block guest PM option available to us we can be selective on who we choose to receive private messages from, personally I exclude Guests from PMs as this is what seems to invite the majority of unwanted attention.

We could be missing out on some nice new chatters by excluding them from the room, and we are not giving potential site users the full chat experience by limiting the rooms they can "try" before registering.

One point of note though Justin, and not a pop - just an observation, try not to put words into peoples mouths with the comments on your vote buttons eh ... folk will have opinions and reasons that differ to your own. I didn't vote yes because i believe we "need" new blood nor do I believe the room "must" remain special. I almost didn't vote because of these comments. :rolleyes:

JustinCredible likes this.
  18. Stop having a pop! 'need'..'must'? you missed out 'special' :) People need to be led in the direction you want them to go. I suppose I could just create a room here and be lord and master over my own fiefdom. Might be easier :rolleyes:

Bumble my initial reply to you was bit rushed as I was wallpapering waiting for a strip to soak so I thought I'd add something to it... . Would you have preferred me to simply ask

Do you want guests back in YAH?
    a. Yes
    b. No
    c. get stuffed

bit boring isn't it?

As for the words you had a pop at me over 'must' 'need' ..well I had to have a verb in the sentence. I really do think I'm being maligned and misunderstood. Some might even say the poll was just an afterthought and the whole point of that thread was an excuse to take pleasure in typing the very first sentence "YAH used to be one woman's personal fiefdom"..The Germans have a word for that "Schadenfreude" there are hidden depths to me.. yes all shallow! You see I have few..if any! friends in chat (what a surprise!) and I get bored so cut me some slack and stop having a pop! thank you. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2018
  19. SuperNova

SuperNova UKChat Familiar

Im sure the DaliaDrama poked her tongue out at you angel lolll .... so there

20. TheDalaiDrama

Lmao nah I laughed.