Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah right on topic people well done.

Sigh.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Yum black pepper...have you tried stawberrys, balsamic vinegar and black pepper.

If I didn't have a 'soft spot' for you, you'd be banished for diversionary tactics! ;)
Open a thread on bizarre food combinations if you feel that passionate about your food.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Is it fair? No, i think it's appalling, and i do question Professor Neil Ferguson's miscalculations(the bloke who broke his own lockdown rules to sleep with his mistress, yes that one!) and i think many others will when this is all over and we look back on how we could have handled it better.
I think a major mistake of this lockdown was to blindly follow other countries' methods concerning the lockdown, ignoring population size and just following the same suit of others. Sweden decided the herd immunity route, which was what Johnson initially wanted, but was advised against it because of Professor Neil Ferguson's death rate prediction, and Sweden seem to be doing far better than other countries.
But i digress. The reduction in the Furlough isn't fair, but with a country currently in recession due to shutting down the country for months on end, it may be necessary. And this is only the beginning. We're talking businesses becoming bankrupt and having to close down, more job losses, people losing houses, more people in poverty so they may have to resort to using food banks. It's going to a while to get out of this black hole i fear.

I tried to stay on topic lol, but there's just so much linked that's related to the question on the Furlough scheme and whether it's fair or not to reduce it.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Is it fair? No, i think it's appalling, and i do question Professor Neil Ferguson's miscalculations(the bloke who broke his own lockdown rules to sleep with his mistress, yes that one!) and i think many others will when this is all over and we look back on how we could have handled it better.
I think a major mistake of this lockdown was to blindly follow other countries' methods concerning the lockdown, ignoring population size and just following the same suit of others. Sweden decided the herd immunity route, which was what Johnson initially wanted, but was advised against it because of Professor Neil Ferguson's death rate prediction, and Sweden seem to be doing far better than other countries.
But i digress. The reduction in the Furlough isn't fair, but with a country currently in recession due to shutting down the country for months on end, it may be necessary. And this is only the beginning. We're talking businesses becoming bankrupt and having to close down, more job losses, people losing houses, more people in poverty so they may have to resort to using food banks. It's going to a while to get out of this black hole i fear.

I tried to stay on topic lol, but there's just so much linked that's related to the question on the Furlough scheme and whether it's fair or not to reduce it.

Decent reply and i agree , but it is wrong by their own admission ,

Ty man :)

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I am still sticking to the they printing more money as its needed.

bhgxusa0123

Staff member
Reaction score

I agree, fair point and it's happening here in the states. Manhy furloughed at stores and HQ went to a permanant layoff recently. With joblessness high, people that are working , work harder and in fear of being unemployed and put up with a lot of stress caused by their employer, The shutdowns hurt in respect that bills didn't go away especially for any type of retail establishment. Currently lots shopping online even more than before for obvious reasons but still effecting brick n morter. I don't think the pain is over yet either.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I agree, fair point and it's happening here in the states. Manhy furloughed at stores and HQ went to a permanant layoff recently. With joblessness high, people that are working , work harder and in fear of being unemployed and put up with a lot of stress caused by their employer, The shutdowns hurt in respect that bills didn't go away especially for any type of retail establishment. Currently lots shopping online even more than before for obvious reasons but still effecting brick n morter. I don't think the pain is over yet either.

I agree Bruce. This isn't over yet. It's just the beginning of the worst over here i think. More job losses, people losing houses from not being able to pay the rent/mortgage, using more food banks, that kind of thing. It's going to be devastating time for a lot of people.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I know, most of us know we'll be paying for this for years to come, so will our kids and maybe even our grandkids. Not just financially either.
So what happens when someone decides they wish to buy a house but don`t have £300,000 in the bank to pay for it ? Bloody simples ,they BORROW the money and pay back ,with interest, over a fixed amount of years . It`s no different with a Country borrowing money which will have to be paid back over a (possibly unfixed) a mount of years. I can`t see the problem ,only by those who obviously don`t feel that they are any part of this Country ?.

B

Bad_Influence

So what happens when someone decides they wish to buy a house but don`t have £300,000 in the bank to pay for it ? Bloody simples ,they BORROW the money and pay back ,with interest, over a fixed amount of years . It`s no different with a Country borrowing money which will have to be paid back over a (possibly unfixed) a mount of years. I can`t see the problem ,only by those who obviously don`t feel that they are any part of this Country ?.

The difference is I'M not paying for everyone else's mortgage. Whereas EVERYONE will be paying for any loan the nation takes on. I don't want to be paying more just to keep your pension going, or to house illegal immigrants in posh hotels.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Oh is that how borrowing works then? I had always wondered. Thanks for the educashion.

I agreed with the furlough scheme, benefited from it myself, think it could have gone on for longer, after all, they said they would do whatever it takes.

Was merely stating that we will be paying for it for years and feeling its knock on effects. Which is true, no matter how you try and spin it.

It is going on for longer , at a reduced rate , Kinda the thread topic ;)

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I know, suppose I meant that in my opinion it could have continued as it was then, as always it fucks those on minimum wage/low wages. Few billion quid more would have been a drop in the ocean when you consider how they mis spend our money in other areas.

Yes i agree , the people still on furlough are not on it by choice ,

The same as the people who are now fully back to work .

Nobody has made any choices yet they are being treated differently .

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The difference is I'M not paying for everyone else's mortgage. Whereas EVERYONE will be paying for any loan the nation takes on. I don't want to be paying more just to keep your pension going, or to house illegal immigrants in posh hotels.
I paid for my Pension ,same way as all those who are drawing State Pensions. If you don`t know how National Insurance works then i suggest that you Google it and learn something ,which you obviously. don`t know . Then try telling all your chatroom mates that it`s Me who start all of the controversy . You work for a care Home or similar eh? The only person you care about is YOU yes ?:)

B

Bad_Influence

I paid for my Pension ,same way as all those who are drawing State Pensions. If you don`t know how National Insurance works then i suggest that you Google it and learn something ,which you obviously. don`t know . Then try telling all your chatroom mates that it`s Me who start all of the controversy . You work for a care Home or similar eh? The only person you care about is YOU yes ?:)

And you think you paid in everything you will take out of the system? Wow, you are more deluded than even I thought.
When are you going to grow up Hells? Stop crying that I get on with people here and ask yourself why you don’t. Try looking at your failings instead of making it all my fault.
And I’ve told you many times, I don’t need to care to do my job, I just need to be able to count, do keep up.
Now ffs give it a rest and stop causing this sh** in here and in the rooms. For your own sake as much as mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back