Furlough reduction is it fair ?

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I paid for my Pension ,same way as all those who are drawing State Pensions. If you don`t know how National Insurance works then i suggest that you Google it and learn something ,which you obviously. don`t know . Then try telling all your chatroom mates that it`s Me who start all of the controversy . You work for a care Home or similar eh? The only person you care about is YOU yes ?:)

gee grand dad your getting your pension while while thousands of women and some men being made to work till they drop.
i too have paid i and still waiting for mine to be paid back.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
And you think you paid in everything you will take out of the system? Wow, you are more deluded than even I thought.
When are you going to grow up Hells? Stop crying that I get on with people here and ask yourself why you don’t. Try looking at your failings instead of making it all my fault.
And I’ve told you many times, I don’t need to care to do my job, I just need to be able to count, do keep up.
Now ffs give it a rest and stop causing this sh** in here and in the rooms. For your own sake as much as mine.
You can talk to your mates like that but don`t think you can order me around you tosspot ! You really do need a lesson in manners.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
gee grand dad your getting your pension while while thousands of women and some men being made to work till they drop.
i too have paid i and still waiting for mine to be paid back.
I had to wait too ,stop complaining else the God will becall you for crying ,boohoooo .

B

Bad_Influence

Printing more money just devalues the Pound, which means the money in your pocket is worth less and less. Effectively the price of goods goes up, taxes go up, and it’s a very difficult situation to turn around.
Just printing more money would be worse than borrowing it, and borrowing it would be economical suicide.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Printing more money just devalues the Pound, which means the money in your pocket is worth less and less. Effectively the price of goods goes up, taxes go up, and it’s a very difficult situation to turn around.
Just printing more money would be worse than borrowing it, and borrowing it would be economical suicide.
Can we presume that you are quite happy to see people lose their homes , life and end up begging on the street then ? From your various posts here that`s the impression i get ?
As a matter of interest i was a wartime baby and the Country was in deep debt afterwards ,mostly to USA i think. Although it took the Nation around 50 plus years to pay that debt i didn`t notice any real hardships as i grew up.Jobs were plentiful, taxes were reasonable and ,thanks to NHS & the new State Pensions nobody was living as in Dickensian times unless they wished to.

B

Bad_Influence

Can we presume that you are quite happy to see people lose their homes , life and end up begging on the street then ? From your various posts here that`s the impression i get ?
As a matter of interest i was a wartime baby and the Country was in deep debt afterwards ,mostly to USA i think. Although it took the Nation around 50 plus years to pay that debt i didn`t notice any real hardships as i grew up.Jobs were plentiful, taxes were reasonable and ,thanks to NHS & the new State Pensions nobody was living as in Dickensian times unless they wished to.

Nobody wants to see people lose their homes or their jobs, but as you say, after the war it took 50 years to even get close to paying back the debt. And to say you didn’t notice any hardship is very naive.... rationing anyone?
Now the problem would be immensely worse as people here are generally more used to a decent standard of living so accepting tax increases and higher prices would be hard to stomach.
Folk always complain that every Tory gov’t hit taxpayers hard but that is because they have to stabilise the economy after a Labour gov’t has borrowed and borrowed. So to now borrow beyond our means would be wrong on every level. Why should my daughter and any grandkids she may have, be paying for our mistakes for decades to come?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Nobody wants to see people lose their homes or their jobs, but as you say, after the war it took 50 years to even get close to paying back the debt. And to say you didn’t notice any hardship is very naive.... rationing anyone?
Now the problem would be immensely worse as people here are generally more used to a decent standard of living so accepting tax increases and higher prices would be hard to stomach.
Folk always complain that every Tory gov’t hit taxpayers hard but that is because they have to stabilise the economy after a Labour gov’t has borrowed and borrowed. So to now borrow beyond our means would be wrong on every level. Why should my daughter and any grandkids she may have, be paying for our mistakes for decades to come?
Rationing ended more or less in 1951.and was no hardship for most families.I have three children and six g.children and i`m sure they wouldn`t want to see people out on the street if they can help in any way. In fact two of them do help ! they work ( and pay taxes) for poorer people and child care for mothers who ned to work.

Back