Furlough reduction is it fair ?

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Ok so the entire workforce was placed on Lock-down and workers were placed on 80% Furlough ,

Some companies topped up their wages by 20% , giving them full pay ,

Lock-down is eased and some people can return to full time work so they are fine.

Government then announces that Furlough will be reduced too 60% and again some companies have continued to top up the 20% and i have seen some companies topping up the full 40%.

All good so it seems ,

Fact is though these workers who can not return to full time work or full pay , it's clear it is not their fault ?

Surely this group of people are being discriminated against ?

Full group of people on 80% , some leave this group so it's alright to treat those people left on furlough differently ?

How is this acceptable ?

MrFaustian

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Ok so the entire workforce was placed on Lock-down and workers were placed on 80% Furlough ,

Some companies topped up their wages by 20% , giving them full pay ,

Lock-down is eased and some people can return to full time work so they are fine.

Government then announces that Furlough will be reduced too 60% and again some companies have continued to top up the 20% and i have seen some companies topping up the full 40%.

All good so it seems ,

Fact is though these workers who can not return to full time work or full pay , it's clear it is not their fault ?

Surely this group of people are being discriminated against ?

Full group of people on 80% , some leave this group so it's alright to treat those people left on furlough differently ?

How is this acceptable ?

It just confuses me that some people are allowed to claim top ups or can claim full pay

Some can go back to work some can't. Some paid some not

But does anything make sense these days from those that make decisions at the top within Western Nations

I do not think the economy will recover from the lull of corona and they can't keep printing money either to try and pay workers to return to work or not return to work

Not sure they are discriminated against just think it is the situation and mess created

There has been so many mistakes and mismanagement of the entire corona situation the government can't enforce legislation to make companies pay or top up workers and the government can't just keep printing money either to cover all the people effected

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
It just confuses me that some people are allowed to claim top ups or can claim full pay

Some can go back to work some can't. Some paid some not

But does anything make sense these days from those that make decisions at the top within Western Nations

I do not think the economy will recover from the lull of corona and they can't keep printing money either to try and pay workers to return to work or not return to work

Not sure they are discriminated against just think it is the situation and mess created

There has been so many mistakes and mismanagement of the entire corona situation the government can't enforce legislation to make companies pay or top up workers and the government can't just keep printing money either to cover all the people effected

They are not claiming the top ups , it is down to the individual companies if they apply the extra or not , so i guess it's who you work for ,

They won't tell people to go back to work because they are scared so they simply put out bullshit lines and advisories ?

Take responsibility and stop confusing people ,

If you offer people cover pay then how is it fair to reduce this pay for the others who can't ?

How many people do we know that save 20-40% of their wages each month ?

People have bills to pay just the same as the people who are now back to work and on full pay ?

I'm unsure of political legalities etc as it's not my thing but surely something is not right here ?

MrFaustian

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
They are not claiming the top ups , it is down to the individual companies if they apply the extra or not , so i guess it's who you work for ,

They won't tell people to go back to work because they are scared so they simply put out bullshit lines and advisories ?

Take responsibility and stop confusing people ,

If you offer people cover pay then how is it fair to reduce this pay for the others who can't ?

How many people do we know that save 20-40% of their wages each month ?

People have bills to pay just the same as the people who are now back to work and on full pay ?

I'm unsure of political legalities etc as it's not my thing but surely something is not right here ?

I wasn't disagreeing I was just saying the government can't do much they got themselves in this hole

I was trying to say that the government can't do either they can't force companies to take the burden and help employees more as they will go bankrupt and they can't just keep printing more money themselves either as inflation will rise and savings will become worthless which will cause even more mass hysteria

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I wasn't disagreeing I was just saying the government can't do much they got themselves in this hole

I was trying to say that the government can't do either they can't force companies to take the burden and help employees more as they will go bankrupt and they can't just keep printing more money themselves either as inflation will rise and savings will become worthless which will cause even more mass hysteria

No i know , it's cool,

I am having to pay people furlough and this will be their first reduced pay , they will be topped up to 80% but i feel for them,

I know there is lot's of confusion and the Gov are having to make knee-jerk decisions and mistakes can be made ,

But this seems to me like a clear case of unfairness .....

How is it being ignored ?

MrFaustian

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
No i know , it's cool,

I am having to pay people furlough and this will be their first reduced pay , they will be topped up to 80% but i feel for them,

I know there is lot's of confusion and the Gov are having to make knee-jerk decisions and mistakes can be made ,

But this seems to me like a clear case of unfairness .....

How is it being ignored ?

Those in power don't care unfortunately and they don't have too

Whats is deemed as 'fair' and what is deemed as 'Just' is determined and enforced by those in power

Sucks but that reality

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Those in power don't care unfortunately and they don't have too

Whats is deemed as 'fair' and what is deemed as 'Just' is determined and enforced by those in power

Sucks but that reality

Never a truer statement ,

Cnuts !! :)

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I fear those on furlough are in for a huge shock when it ends in October.
Then the money stops, their job has probably gone and what will they do then ? I think the government fear riots...big ones, which is why they introduced the furlough n the first place, a mistake in my view, though kindly meant.
Millions will have no job to go to....it is a bit scary, and as has been said, there cannot be much more government money payed out .
Stark days ahead.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I fear those on furlough are in for a huge shock when it ends in October.
Then the money stops, their job has probably gone and what will they do then ? I think the government fear riots...big ones, which is why they introduced the furlough n the first place, a mistake in my view, though kindly meant.
Millions will have no job to go to....it is a bit scary, and as has been said, there cannot be much more government money payed out .
Stark days ahead.

There is talk of an extension , I have not checked the details yet as i have been too busy so don't quote me ,

Yeah because stopping the workforce going to work and not paying them would have caused mass Hysteria ?

I think that would have been for more damaging compared to the obviously harder "Payback" times ahead.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Thing is, and I can't quote the figures, that a large percentage of the working population have no reserves, nothing much in the bank, just living from week to week on income: and when the income stops?

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The government cant pay out for ever time ppl stood back on own two feet if able too,
where do you think this money comes from? they are not printing it in basement od number 11 . its from loans .
that some day will have to be paid back.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Thing is, and I can't quote the figures, that a large percentage of the working population have no reserves, nothing much in the bank, just living from week to week on income: and when the income stops?
they can claim universal credit then,

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
The government cant pay out for ever time ppl stood back on own two feet if able too,
where do you think this money comes from? they are not printing it in basement od number 11 . its from loans .
that some day will have to be paid back.

What are you talking about ?

Some people can not go back to work yet as opening with social distancing is not possible ?

How is this their fault and why are you slating them ?

My question was why are people being treated differently on furlough ?

Maybe your reply is closer to the bone than you may think uuhhh ?

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

Why do they need to have savings to expect the continued support others were given ?

I do not see the link ?

People were not told to live off of their savings , they were given furlough ?

MrFaustian

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
they can claim universal credit then,

But the state will eventually not be able to keep paying insane amounts of universal credit top ups as the production within the overall economy is reduced.

I could be wrong but all economic models rely on production levels and resources

Without a stable economy of production with many unemployed or getting top ups. The state can't then ask the banks to keep borrowing as the banks themselves at that point are gonna say how you gonna pay it back your production levels are -% etc

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
What are you talking about ?

Some people can not go back to work yet as opening with social distancing is not possible ?

How is this their fault and why are you slating them ?

My question was why are people being treated differently on furlough ?

Maybe your reply is closer to the bone than you may think uuhhh ?

i am not slating any one... I have a key worker working from home has done since day one .

my own daughter was furlouged but when her place of work said come back she doing one day a week she relying on her saving [ she works for a community centre which only open under certain conditions.

My son been back at work for ver 2 months now because his company paid out and made sure all was safe to return . they are socialllt distanced by 2 metres , each work area has a 2 metre zone no one allowed in it unless they wearing masks and glove [ he makes double glazing windows.]

so i was not slating ppl at all there will alway be funding one way or another for ppl who need it .

oh and I am on a part time pensionerr awaiting my entitlement to be paid from when i was 60 not getting it till i am 66 . [ 2 more years]
but hey ho i cold be dead before then then my money be ploughed back in .

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Why do they need to have savings to expect the continued support others were given ?

I do not see the link ?

People were not told to live off of their savings , they were given furlough ?

My point is that they have no savings, just income; which will soon be switched off!

MrFaustian

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
they reapply then.

Savings will Iikely become worthless if they can't control inflation anyway

and I can't see how at this point as production levels are much lower and more people are seeking more financial aid from the government and the banks. The banks just can't keep lending to the state, businesses and individuals as the economy will collapse into hyper inflation

Back