Furlough reduction is it fair ?

F

FlapjackOctopus

It was a serious discussion when I started. Now it's all sausage rolls! I'll have know how and brown sauce please....

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The Government can't pay out money that isn't there. In the next couple of fiscal years the tax system will go bananas. There are already serious considerations being made to up national insurance levels for the self employed. Income tax will be next. We will all pay for furlough.

Completely agree, some people just seem to think this country produces money like cows produce milk (bad example but I'm sure you get me), Like i said we will all at some point be paying this back in someway.

jefffs

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Completely agree, some people just seem to think this country produces money like cows produce milk (bad example but I'm sure you get me), Like i said we will all at some point be paying this back in someway.
And top it all up, private pensions will no doubt take a bashing in the future

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
It was Mini Sausage Rolls and don't you dare ruin them with that Brown gunk.

How can it be serious when you guys stray off the topic.

I do not care what the Government have in their pot tbh

The point is that they are discriminating in the way they are handling furlough and it is against their own laid out rules in their civil rights mandate ,

I'm not interested in what they can afford or the thread would have been about that ,

I don't buy it for 1 minute x

B

Bad_Influence

Sadly whatever they do is going to upset someone. As I’ve said here previously this is unprecedented and I’m afraid many rules have had to be broken. Nobody wants to be on the wrong side of whichever line they have to draw but someone will always be.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Sadly whatever they do is going to upset someone. As I’ve said here previously this is unprecedented and I’m afraid many rules have had to be broken. Nobody wants to be on the wrong side of whichever line they have to draw but someone will always be.
Way back in the mid 1900`s Adolf Hitler printed money when they had none !! and managed to build up an army etc to wage a long war ! .It is possible to print money without the reserves ,but the Nation goes into debt .I`m sure we are capable of paying that debt back .

B

Bad_Influence

Really? With the economy already in recession you want to add still more debt?? That would cripple the economy for years to come. Even considering that is insane.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Really? With the economy already in recession you want to add still more debt?? That would cripple the economy for years to come. Even considering that is insane.
Funny that .The last General Election brought jeers of derision from Tories when Labour suggested that they would spend £60 billion on the NHS apart from other areas. Somehow our Tory Chancellor has managed to find £300 billion ! (or more) to spend covering the Cdvid19 issue ?. People have such short memories eh ?.

B

Bad_Influence

Not really. Labour were going to do what they’ve done for decades with the economy, whereas the Tories were forced into it by an unprecedented virus. Did you not see that in the news? Thousands have died. I’m shocked you haven’t heard.

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
If I remember my history correctly, Hitler managed to put Germany into massive debt, which we had helped to pay off after the war also helped to rebuild, as well as trying to clear our own national debt?. Where ever possible I believe that people should be working from home rather than put on furlough and those who cannot be for various reasons such as health issues etc should remain on furlough until and hopefully a vaccine can be found. However, more money should be spent in enabling faster broadband nationally by the Government and Councils which in turn will help towards more people working from home which seems to be the way forward. Incidentally, when buying mini sausage rolls always buy the frozen ones with Cumberland sausage meat and before cooking them, baste with milk and powder them with ground black pepper rather than dip them in brown sauce.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
If I remember my history correctly, Hitler managed to put Germany into massive debt, which we had helped to pay off after the war also helped to rebuild, as well as trying to clear our own national debt?. Where ever possible I believe that people should be working from home rather than put on furlough and those who cannot be for various reasons such as health issues etc should remain on furlough until and hopefully a vaccine can be found. However, more money should be spent in enabling faster broadband nationally by the Government and Councils which in turn will help towards more people working from home which seems to be the way forward. Incidentally, when buying mini sausage rolls always buy the frozen ones with Cumberland sausage meat and before cooking them, baste with milk and powder them with ground black pepper rather than dip them in brown sauce.

And look how Germany recovered from its defeat! The FOURTH richest economy in the world within 20 years of it being restored.
Regarding, working from home: it would appear that this is now seriously under consideration. Whether or not it is practicable is another matter, however. I can see it being only viable for those who are mainly office-based and have the necessary facilities to perform their job adequately.
Of course we have two distinct camps re furlough; one that believes that it should be continued to be paid, regardless; and one that believes that the country cannot continue to pay out, what is amounting to vast sums of money, indefinitely.
It's one of the biggest economic dilemmas of the century and certainly one that it is difficult to know the safest answer to.
Didn't Boris Johnson say that High-Speed Broadband was going to be a priority in his future planning for the U.K.?
A company called CityFibre appear to be undertaking a massive relaying of high-speed fibre broadband. They already have where I live.
And finally, your tip for getting the best out of sausage rolls, the main reason I am replying, by the way, sounds very interesting.
Unfortunately, I am not a sausage roll fan. So, any tips on quiches instead? ;)

MrFaustian

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Way back in the mid 1900`s Adolf Hitler printed money when they had none !! and managed to build up an army etc to wage a long war ! .It is possible to print money without the reserves ,but the Nation goes into debt .I`m sure we are capable of paying that debt back .

That's actually nonsense Hitler didn't print money he created production from state schemes of industry to employ the masses and kicked out the bankers ridding Germany of huge debt. It is one of the reasons ww2 happened not the only reason but partly(The International bankers that where powerful within the allied countries did not want to see there system destroyed or an alternative develop that could be seen as successful). It was the hyper inflation caused by the banks is why he removed the banks having any power there so the state took over the means of production and control of the economy.

Germany had an economical recovery up until ww2 it had become a world power again which clashed with other ideologies communism to the east and the banking capitalism of the west.
Germany was mainly in debt from the restrictions and reparations applied from losing ww1 mainly France and the UK which had a dominant position over them up until he kicked out the bankers and controlled the economy himself.

Last edited:

MrFaustian

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score

Hitler didn't put Germany into debt the banks did! It is why he took power away from the banks and nationalised them they had a great economic recovery up until ww2 started.

I added more on the response above to helltobewith76 comment also

Last edited:

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
And look how Germany recovered from its defeat! The FOURTH richest economy in the world within 20 years of it being restored.
Regarding, working from home: it would appear that this is now seriously under consideration. Whether or not it is practicable is another matter, however. I can see it being only viable for those who are mainly office-based and have the necessary facilities to perform their job adequately.
Of course we have two distinct camps re furlough; one that believes that it should be continued to be paid, regardless; and one that believes that the country cannot continue to pay out, what is amounting to vast sums of money, indefinitely.
It's one of the biggest economic dilemmas of the century and certainly one that it is difficult to know the safest answer to.
Didn't Boris Johnson say that High-Speed Broadband was going to be a priority in his future planning for the U.K.?
A company called CityFibre appear to be undertaking a massive relaying of high-speed fibre broadband. They already have where I live.
And finally, your tip for getting the best out of sausage rolls, the main reason I am replying, by the way, sounds very interesting.
Unfortunately, I am not a sausage roll fan. So, any tips on quiches instead? ;)
Fibre City is going ahead and as you said a massive undertaking but mainly in larger towns such as Ramsgate, Brighton and others, however, this is down to the Borough and District Councils as they are expected to pay a percentage for the fibre optic cable to be installed underground, overhead and directly into peoples houses. However, it is taking longer than expected and costing more than estimated due to the existing infrastructure needing repairs and replacement as some of it dates back to the Post Office days. As for Quiche, I prefer mine with egg, cheese and tomatoes rather than the traditional quiche which includes bacon. And of course black pepper. :)

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Hitler didn't put Germany into debt the banks did it is why he took power away from the banks and nationalised them they had a great economic recovery up until ww2 started.

I added more on the response above to helltobewith76 comment also
I stand corrected. :)

MrFaustian

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I stand corrected. :)

Well you can agree or disagree with me it's fine

There is a lot of misinformation generally with history as the winners will always rewrite it and enforce a new morality into it

From the power that controlled Western Capitalism it was in there interests to get the Civilians within those nations to fight and protect the international banking system from collapsing. Just as the EU today would not like to see a country pull out as it can cause a domino effect or with communism under the Soviet Union when a country would have an uprising against it.

The power has to attempt to crush revolt or you will create an alternative system that could one day destroy your means to power or control. WW2 was an ideological war it was globalism and control of a one world economic system with international communsim which allied versus nationalism where set peoples wanted control over their own nations economies and territory (self determination)

The enemy of an enemy is a friend and once nationalism was destroyed or not a serious threat anymore (at the time)

They then only had each other to compete against which created the cold war

Power never rests

Last edited:

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Fibre City is going ahead and as you said a massive undertaking but mainly in larger towns such as Ramsgate, Brighton and others, however, this is down to the Borough and District Councils as they are expected to pay a percentage for the fibre optic cable to be installed underground, overhead and directly into peoples houses. However, it is taking longer than expected and costing more than estimated due to the existing infrastructure needing repairs and replacement as some of it dates back to the Post Office days. As for Quiche, I prefer mine with egg, cheese and tomatoes rather than the traditional quiche which includes bacon. And of course black pepper. :)

Yum black pepper...have you tried stawberrys, balsamic vinegar and black pepper.

Back