Furlough reduction is it fair ?

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
i am not slating any one... I have a key worker working from home has done since day one .

my own daughter was furlouged but when her place of work said come back she doing one day a week she relying on her saving [ she works for a community centre which only open under certain conditions.

My son been back at work for ver 2 months now because his company paid out and made sure all was safe to return . they are socialllt distanced by 2 metres , each work area has a 2 metre zone no one allowed in it unless they wearing masks and glove [ he makes double glazing windows.]

so i was not slating ppl at all there will alway be funding one way or another for ppl who need it .

oh and I am on a part time pensionerr awaiting my entitlement to be paid from when i was 60 not getting it till i am 66 . [ 2 more years]
but hey ho i cold be dead before then then my money be ploughed back in .

No lol you are a kicker , you ain't going anywhere :)

I really am just wondering why the same group of people are now being paid less and treated differently through no fault of their own ,

Just think it's unfair and out of their hands ?

They will build debt and be worse off than people who can return sooner , there are many repercussions uhh

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
My point is that they have no savings, just income; which will soon be switched off!

Then they will surely be allowed to return to work where they get this disposable income from ?

My point is peoples incomes can not be just switched off .....

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
To the Money Tree?

can i also point out my elder daughter again working from home with 3 children to school as well as working has been helping ppl get this money off the tree she and the home worker here are tax ppl so i do try to get my facts right . plus her hubby a nurse .

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Then they will surely be allowed to return to work where they get this disposable income from ?

My point is peoples incomes can not be just switched off .....

It will never happen they wont allow pp not to have no money.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
This is all very commendable but i'm talking about working class people on furlough being di
It will never happen they wont allow pp not to have no money.

That's good so we have established people need a disposable income so furlough was required ,

All the rest is very commendable and everyone has a story ,

My point is this ,

Working class people are being treated differently and in effect being punished by 20% even though they have done no wrong.

I hope this is clearer or ima have to go all Portuguese on your asses :D

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
^^^ Dunno what happened there but i have no edit feature still lol

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Some companies simply may not be able to afford the extra 20% its noones fault. It does feel like people are been penalised but what is the answer. The government cannot afford to continue paying furlough indefinately and this money used is from loans etc and will all need to be paid back and one way or another its going to come out of all of our pockets.

The impact of this virus is massive in many different ways and we will continue to feel the repercussions for a very long time.

I could go on but that will do for now !! Lol

MrFaustian

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Some companies simply may not be able to afford the extra 20% its noones fault. It does feel like people are been penalised but what is the answer. The government cannot afford to continue paying furlough indefinately and this money used is from loans etc and will all need to be paid back and one way or another its going to come out of all of our pockets.

The impact of this virus is massive in many different ways and we will continue to feel the repercussions for a very long time.

I could go on but that will do for now !! Lol

No one ever questions those that make the decisions and no one knows who to blame in liberal capitalistic societies as the power is so spread out and they all blame each other politicians ,civil service,the banks the state or the global market as a whole.

It's a blameless system full of cowardly politicians that would be dealt with in times gone by in my view.

They act like doughy eyes middle managers inside a company just drones and take no responsibility and I don't even think they have the power too as the global market and banks as a whole have more power than individual states in a globalised world

it's going to be the working. lower and lower/middle and middle/middle class that get ruined by Furlough and other policies and decisions much more than say so the underclass (on benefits most of their life) upper middle and upper class in my view

Last edited:

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
No one ever questions those that make the decisions and no one knows who to blame in liberal capitalistic societies as the power is so spread out and they all blame each other politicians ,civil service,the banks the state or the global market as a whole.

It's a blameless system full of cowardly politicians that would be dealt with in times gone by in my view.

They act like doughy eyes middle managers inside a company just drones and take no responsibility and I don't even think they have the power too as the global market and banks as a whole have more power than individual states in a globalised world

it's going to be the working. lower and lower/middle and middle/middle class that get ruined by Furlough and other policies and decisions much more than say so the underclass (on benefits most of their life) upper middle and upper class in my view

B

Bad_Influence

In simplistic terms, there is only a certain amount of money to go round. Whatever the Gov't do with that pot will upset somebody... the are NO perfect answers right now sadly. It seems Poco has, through no fault of his own, fallen into a group who are getting butt-fecked but I don't see there is much else this (or any) Gov't could do.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Well i hope they are going to use lubricants @ least :)

F

FlapjackOctopus

The Government can't pay out money that isn't there. In the next couple of fiscal years the tax system will go bananas. There are already serious considerations being made to up national insurance levels for the self employed. Income tax will be next. We will all pay for furlough.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
The Government can't pay out money that isn't there. In the next couple of fiscal years the tax system will go bananas. There are already serious considerations being made to up national insurance levels for the self employed. Income tax will be next. We will all pay for furlough.

Yeah my point was that they paid it to others who have returned to work but are discriminating against those who can not return back full time or otherwise.

I didn't realise you were the Chancellor my bad :)

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Told you they got printing press in cellar at number 11.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Told you they got printing press in cellar at number 11.

You guys must have information on the Government "POT" i obviously can't seem to find ,

I wonder will they have enough money for Mini Sausage rolls at the commons buffet nights ......

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
pays to know a few civil servants wink wink

We have a wink Emot you do know this right ?

I like to keep chatters informed ;)

Your probably blackmailing a house of commons member as you have their nudes lol

F

FlapjackOctopus

I'm not the Chancellor obviously. But papers have gone through the accounting professional bodies for discussion at conference.

Apologies for having knowledge...

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm not the Chancellor obviously. But papers have gone through the accounting professional bodies for discussion at conference.

Apologies for having knowledge...

See knowledge i been told is a dangerous thing . but I like being in the knowhow.

Back