do you believe in God

do you believe in God

• Total voters

Henry36

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Who is 'the Universe' - is this a being?

Same with science. It's not a Being, it's a means for explaining natural world.

I hope no bad feeling. Nice to have discussion. Peace.

Henry36

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I can ask YOU the same question..

What's Peace?

Good question. Peace is a quality one feels inside. It comes from being in true relation.

What is true relation? It means that the whole of you, all your faults, worries, is accepted and forgiven, and you walk in this forgiveness and love.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Good question. Peace is a quality one feels inside. It comes from being in true relation.

What is true relation? It means that the whole of you, all your faults, worries, is accepted and forgiven, and you walk in this forgiveness and love.

All good and well....Until i got to...."Accepted and forgiven"....... BY WHO?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
By the only Being conceivable who could know you completely and so love you completely.

Surely that HAS to be Yourself.

Listen up |Mate.|...If I didn't love Myself onetime...when no other one did...I wouldn't be here today typing this. X

Henry36

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
:)

I understand. But this would be an oxymoron. You can't be *in relation* with yourself truly, because then you are divided. One part of *you* is doing the knowing of the other part.
And a person divided in himself cannot be at peace.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score

I understand. But this would be an oxymoron. You can't be *in relation* with yourself truly, because then you are divided. One part of *you* is doing the knowing of the other part.
And a person divided in himself cannot be at peace.

NO...That's what the 'Scriptures' say.

You can find peace within yourself when you realise there is NO GOD judging you.

I think you are Great..Welcome to the world of Chat on line..!

Henry36

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
NO...That's what the 'Scriptures' say.

You can find peace within yourself when you realise there is NO GOD judging you.

I think you are Great..Welcome to the world of Chat on line..!

This is a matter of logic, not scriptures.
We can't escape judgement, it's happening every second of every day. All that happens is you give that judgement to ones not equipped to judge. Other people or yourself. Fallible, limited creatures whose destiny is the earth. Dust to dust.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
This is a matter of logic, not scriptures.
We can't escape judgement, it's happening every second of every day. All that happens is you give that judgement to ones not equipped to judge. Other people or yourself. Fallible, limited creatures whose destiny is the earth. Dust to dust.

Who says we cant escape judgement?

Many a Murderer has gone free.

His fate is and will forever be 'Unknown'....He got away with it..;)

B

Bad_Influence

E=mc2. Mass and energy are inextricably linked. Mass can become energy, energy can become mass.
Whether or not the Big Bang theory is ever proven, (currently they can explain what happened approximately 1 billionth of a second after the 'Big Bang' but until scientists and mathematicians can marry up Relativity with Quantum Mechanics they cannot understand that last bit) we do KNOW that matter can come directly from energy.

MY own personal theory is that our universe was created in an event similar to a Super Nova. There was a universe (of some description... be it only particles or something more substantial) before this one where gravity (Dark Matter) won the battle with Dark Energy, collapsing the universe down to a size where electro-magnetism takes over. This then condenses the matter still further down to a point (maybe that 1 billionth of a second) where it is of such mass and almost infinite gravity (hence billions of degrees of heat) that this then explodes into the 'Big Bang'.

I know many will ask where that first universe came from... I say exactly the same way this one was created, the universe has been on a loop but this may well be the last one because Dark Energy seems to be winning this time, as intimated by the fact that the universe in accelerating in it's expansion. The end result of which will be (in a few trillion years) that galaxies will be so far apart that gravity has no effect. The stars will die as they always do, but the resulting matter will no longer attract enough matter to create Nebulas (the birthplace of stars). End of everything.

I have no scientific evidence for this theory, so I suppose you could call it my religious belief. However, it is a belief based on logic and science (at least as much of science that I know), not heresay.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
E=mc2. Mass and energy are inextricably linked. Mass can become energy, energy can become mass.
Whether or not the Big Bang theory is ever proven, (currently they can explain what happened approximately 1 billionth of a second after the 'Big Bang' but until scientists and mathematicians can marry up Relativity with Quantum Mechanics they cannot understand that last bit) we do KNOW that matter can come directly from energy.

MY own personal theory is that our universe was created in an event similar to a Super Nova. There was a universe (of some description... be it only particles or something more substantial) before this one where gravity (Dark Matter) won the battle with Dark Energy, collapsing the universe down to a size where electro-magnetism takes over. This then condenses the matter still further down to a point (maybe that 1 billionth of a second) where it is of such mass and almost infinite gravity (hence billions of degrees of heat) that this then explodes into the 'Big Bang'.

I know many will ask where that first universe came from... I say exactly the same way this one was created, the universe has been on a loop but this may well be the last one because Dark Energy seems to be winning this time, as intimated by the fact that the universe in accelerating in it's expansion. The end result of which will be (in a few trillion years) that galaxies will be so far apart that gravity has no effect. The stars will die as they always do, but the resulting matter will no longer attract enough matter to create Nebulas (the birthplace of stars). End of everything.

I have no scientific evidence for this theory, so I suppose you could call it my religious belief. However, it is a belief based on logic and science (at least as much of science that I know), not heresay.

Herein lies a Massive problem. Quote "MY own personal theory is that our universe was created "

Hmm....I stopped reading after that.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Why the Bye bye.?

Just out of interest.

B

badly

"Something from Nothing"
The bible has had it right all along then!

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Back