do you believe in God

do you believe in God

• Total voters

GregT

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
There are around 3,000 named GODS and deities in the world, maybe more. I believe in a God, but I guess whatever you believe in (even if that is non-existence after death), you should just be happy with it.

B

Bad_Influence

There are around 3,000 named GODS and deities in the world, maybe more. I believe in a God, but I guess whatever you believe in (even if that is non-existence after death), you should just be happy with it.

Agreed, providing your faith does not impinge of the life of others.

J

jenny

I agree Greg but I just worry about the fanatics who won't accept there are people with beliefs different to their own x

GregT

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I agree Greg but I just worry about the fanatics who won't accept there are people with beliefs different to their own x
Don't worry. People with fanatical issues always find causes to follow. Stalin introduced the "atheist five year plan" and went on to murder around 9 million people (with another 15 million related deaths through famine). He was pretty fanatical :confused:

GregT

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Agreed, providing your faith does not impinge of the life of others.
Absolutely. Though I prefer "beliefs" more than "faith" don't impinge. By that I mean that I find peoples belief systems (racism, bigotry, misogamy, intolerance etc etc), to be far more insidious, and they are found in both a religious and non-religious context.

B

Bad_Influence

Don't worry. People with fanatical issues always find causes to follow. Stalin introduced the "atheist five year plan" and went on to murder around 9 million people (with another 15 million related deaths through famine). He was pretty fanatical :confused:

But his mum loved him so that makes all ok.:D

B

Bad_Influence

Absolutely. Though I prefer "beliefs" more than "faith" don't impinge. By that I mean that I find peoples belief systems (racism, bigotry, misogamy, intolerance etc etc), to be far more insidious, and they are found in both a religious and non-religious context.

One mans bigot/racist is another mans realist.

G

Greatscott

i believe in god because i would like to think my loved ones have gone to a better place :)

B

Bad_Influence

it's nice to think that there is a nicer place after this life

I can't understand you feeling that way... but it makes no sense to me. It is wholly illogical in my head. The same god that took your loved ones, causing you so much hurt, is now putting them up in a palace? He's a schizophrenic this god of yours. lol ;)o_O

GregT

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
i believe in god because i would like to think my loved ones have gone to a better place :)

Nice. Life is amazing, precious and pretty cool, even more so if you can have loved ones to share it with. And it's nice knowing there is a rest for us all at the end, whatever form we all might feel that takes :):)

J

jenny

I agree life is truly amazing.. sometimes good sometimes bad .. I like the idea of having a long rest after death but to be honest I just think that scenario is to help people feel less fearful of death ... shame because death is natural and inevitable .Enjoy life while you have it and try to make a positive impact !

Back