do you believe in God

do you believe in God

• Total voters
S

Saphire

he bless me everyday (i rarely get sick, never been injured, etc) and helped me survive a list of dangerous situations without a scratch . . . . . i couldnt say he dont exist because he been good to me
I hope this doesn't come across as patronising, but I like the almost childish way you seem to see the world, it's very endearing.

Do I believe in God? I believe in something, but I think science has the edge with me.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't come across as patronising, but I like the almost childish way you seem to see the world, it's very endearing.

Do I believe in God? I believe in something, but I think science has the edge with me.
You believe in Something?...What IS that something...Never mind Science...There's something deeper in your comment.

S

Saphire

You believe in Something?...What IS that something...Never mind Science...There's something deeper in your comment.
I honestly don't know, I believe in reincarnation, which goes against religion, (unless you are Jesus) I believe in good and evil, but that's man made.
I think it would be easy to believe in a God, and a heavenly afterlife, something to look forwards too, but whether it exists or not, I have no idea.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I honestly don't know, I believe in reincarnation, which goes against religion, (unless you are Jesus) I believe in good and evil, but that's man made.
I think it would be easy to believe in a God, and a heavenly afterlife, something to look forwards too, but whether it exists or not, I have no idea.

Okay. Thank you for being honest.. I would NEVER say what you just have.

But I like your view. No one knows for sure aye?..

I'm a firm Athiest. But I have a heart..!

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
It's interesting that in our modern age, with all our scientific knowledge and technology, so many people still feel the need to believe in a higher being. Does it give a sense of security, or is it that we need someone to blame for all the bad things that happen? It just shows how primitive human beings still are.
We now know that many of the events in the Bible are historical fact, caused by nature or the actions of humans. Nothing whatsoever to do with an outside force.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It's interesting that in our modern age, with all our scientific knowledge and technology, so many people still feel the need to believe in a higher being. Does it give a sense of security, or is it that we need someone to blame for all the bad things that happen? It just shows how primitive human beings still are.
We now know that many of the events in the Bible are historical fact, caused by nature or the actions of humans. Nothing whatsoever to do with an outside force.

I have one simple question.

Do you know everything?

Unless you do, or unless science does, then one cannot discount anything.

A simple example, if you believe in a, scientifically probable, infinate universe, then surely that universe has infinate possiblities.
An infinite number of Earth like plantes, where an infinate number of chatters on a forum are both agreeing and disagreeing.
An infinite number of gods is not possible?

As Saphire says "I believe in something" even without quantification, has to be true.

Until science knows everything one cannot discount anything.
Religion is another matter though.

It wasnt to long ago that medicine was based on earth, air, fire and water.
That was thier "Truth" at the time.
Science moves on, it proves and disproves theories.
However, until science has proved or disproved everything, we cannot "Know".

Tis why I'm an agnostic not an aethiest.
How egotistical does one have to be to say "I know" either for or against God(s) when even the greatest thinkers, scientists, philosophers and theologists cannot supply truth of the existance or not of the divine.

Back