Covid Jab or no Covid Jab? Discuss!

Will you get the vaccine when it comes?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Percy666

And if you are posting information from a website, please include information about the authors, and make sure that each article includes disclosure statements, ref: funding, position, etc. Name of the website, links to the website are also helpful.

References are important. Impartiality is important or, include the disclosure statement. Allow the reader to decide.

I post my own views, I'm not trying to "convince" anyone. You need people to side with you like your alter ego "Dan" that you created, I don't

P

Percy666

"“Even a small degree of protection is worth using the face masks,” says Dr. Henning Bundgaard, professor of Cardiology at Rigshospitalet in Denmark and lead author of the study,"

You have just lost your own argument

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I post my own views, I'm not trying to "convince" anyone. You need people to side with you like your alter ego "Dan" that you created, I don't

Paranoid Percy, I will post this only once. I am not Dan.

You do realise that Admin and Mods have the ability to see what screen names we all use. I suspect, possibly wrongly, it breaks TOU by not declaring a new or another screen name.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
"“Even a small degree of protection is worth using the face masks,” says Dr. Henning Bundgaard, professor of Cardiology at Rigshospitalet in Denmark and lead author of the study,"

You have just lost your own argument

Lead Researcher Behind Controversial Danish Study Says You Should Still Wear A Mask

'... “Even a small degree of protection is worth using the face masks,” says Dr. Henning Bundgaard, professor of Cardiology at Rigshospitalet in Denmark and lead author of the study, “because you are protecting yourself against a potentially life-threatening disease.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Although my information and argument ref., vaccines/masks etc. are mainly for the UK, because articles have been posted about the US situation I have decided to comment on them. See below.

from the same Forbes article above. see link to confirm.

quote:

70%: That’s how much wearing a mask reduces the risk of Covid-19 transmission, according to studies in the U.S. and in Thailand.

A national mask mandate could save the U.S. economy up to $1 trillion, according to research from Goldman Sachs

P

Percy666

"“Even a small degree of protection is worth ..

By that logic then

Stop driving as air pollution contributes to thousands of deaths
Stop eating junk food
Stop drinking alcohol
Never have sex with anyone again incase of an STD ( not that you do anyway)

Life is full of risks and muzzling yourself for a disease that carries tiny risks is symptomatic of you lack of perspective . There are risks crossing a road to both yourself and other cars so by that logic lock your sorry hide away in the broom cupboard indefinitely and allow the rest of us to get on with it

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Wearing seatbelts are mandatory. (in the UK)
Motor vehicles and fuel types are progressing to help prevent pollution. Monetary value is placed on this right now through the MOT and Road Insurance etc.
Healthy eating saves lives. Your insurance company will place a monetary value on your lifestyle choices.
Alcohol kills, damages many areas of society and rules are in place to protect us from those effects. Laws are in place. Drink driving, DUI's etc.
Protection against STD's is available. Condoms.

A small, piece of cloth across a mouth and nose will save millions of lives.

You have chosen, to not only not wear a mask, but to actively try and prevent others from wearing them, by posting false information/stats etc about mask wearing. Your decision to do this will cost someone their life. This is your choice.

It is my choice to do the exact opposite. I promote mask wearing. I wear a mask. I want to save lives. This is my choice.

Last edited:
P

Percy666

"A small, piece of cloth across a mouth and nose will save millions of lives."

Post proof that a small piece of cloth will save " millions of lives " I wear one just to avoid the hysteria from people like you but will never condone any child sitting in a room for 6 hours a day muzzled with cloth over their mouths

M

Markie

To conduct the study, which ran from early April to early June, scientists at the University of Copenhagen recruited more than 6,000 participants who had tested negative for COVID-19 immediately prior to the experiment.

Half the participants were given surgical masks and instructed to wear them outside the home; the other half were instructed to not wear a mask outside the home.

Roughly 4,860 participants finished the experiment, the Times reports. The results were not encouraging.
“The researchers had hoped that masks would cut the infection rate by half among wearers. Instead, 42 people in the mask group, or 1.8 percent, got infected, compared with 53 in the unmasked group, or 2.1 percent. The difference was not statistically significant,” the Times reports.
“Our study gives an indication of how much you gain from wearing a mask,” Bundgaard said. “Not a lot.”

That's hardly a very good study at all is it?

Did both the mask wearers and the non mask wearers go the same places?, there are so many factors involved in this it's ridiculous lol.

If it had been laboratory controlled, ie; if all the subjects had been subjected to the virus in a controlled setting then maybe it might hold some water.

Another point is, that 4,860 people yielded results, the mask wearers that caught the virus were 42, the non mask wearers, 53.

So thats 11 more people caught the virus that didn't wear a mask.

So if the figure was lets say, 60 million people that took the test, what would be the difference then?

I am asking cos i am sh*t at maths.

P

Percy666

Although my information and argument ref., vaccines/masks etc. are mainly for the UK, because articles have been posted about the US situation I have decided to comment on them. See below.

from the same Forbes article above. see link to confirm.

quote:

70%: That’s how much wearing a mask reduces the risk of Covid-19 transmission, according to studies in the U.S. and in Thailand.

A national mask mandate could save the U.S. economy up to $1 trillion, according to research from Goldman Sachs

10565000_804377992926289_8237595802058391009_n.jpg

P

Percy666

That's hardly a very good study at all is it?

Did both the mask wearers and the non mask wearers go the same places?, there are so many factors involved in this it's ridiculous lol.

If it had been laboratory controlled, ie; if all the subjects had been subjected to the virus in a controlled setting then maybe it might hold some water.

Another point is, that 4,860 people yielded results, the mask wearers that caught the virus were 42, the non mask wearers, 53.

So thats 11 more people caught the virus that didn't wear a mask.

So if the figure was lets say, 60 million people that took the test, what would be the difference then?

I am asking cos i am sh*t at maths.

No idea, the key sentence is "“Our study gives an indication of how much you gain from wearing a mask,” Bundgaard said. “Not a lot."
The point being for every expert saying lockdown, mask up, vaccinate all age groups there will be others saying the opposite. The advice last year from the Uk government was masks did nothing at all till they did a U turn

P

Percy666

Coronavirus: Chief medical officer tells public not to wear masks
Chris Whitty instead advises people to regularly wash their hands

England’s chief medical officer has warned the public wearing face masks will do little to combat the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.

Professor Chris Whitty told Sky News on Wednesday that wearing a face mask had almost no effect on reducing the risk of contracting the illness.

Prof Whitty said: “In terms of wearing a mask, our advice is clear: that wearing a mask if you don’t have an infection reduces the risk almost not at all. So we do not advise that.”

Instead of using face masks, Prof Whitty advised members of the public to regularly wash their hands for roughly 20 seconds by singing happy birthday twice.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
BTW, just saying that I am not Markie.

M

Markie

People also used to say the Earth was flat, and that started with the Greeks in the 5th Century, not Christians as some purport.

We are all on a learning curve with the virus...using it to negate what we know now isn't really valid.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Coronavirus: Chief medical officer tells public not to wear masks
Chris Whitty instead advises people to regularly wash their hands

England’s chief medical officer has warned the public wearing face masks will do little to combat the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.

Professor Chris Whitty told Sky News on Wednesday that wearing a face mask had almost no effect on reducing the risk of contracting the illness.

Prof Whitty said: “In terms of wearing a mask, our advice is clear: that wearing a mask if you don’t have an infection reduces the risk almost not at all. So we do not advise that.”

Instead of using face masks, Prof Whitty advised members of the public to regularly wash their hands for roughly 20 seconds by singing happy birthday twice.

Article date? Was it, let me guess, 4 March 2020!

Straws.Clutching.At.

P

Percy666

People also used to say the Earth was flat, and that started with the Greeks in the 5th Century, not Christians as some purport.

We are all on a learning curve with the virus...using it to negate what we know now isn't really valid.

Maybe so but given that coronavirus has been around for hundreds of years even if not this specific strain, saying masks were a waste of time in April 2020 but should be worn in July 2020 isn't grounds for confidence is it to the merits of medicinal advancement..

P

Percy666

Article date? Was it, let me guess, 4 March 2020!

Straws.Clutching.At.

so 2020 years after the birth of Christ ( if he existed ) medicine was backwards but now it's 2021 we have suddenly sufficiently advanced for the so called experts to be taken more seriously? lol

M

Markie

So to summarise:

Masks do nothing.
Percy quotes facts from sites that the media don’t respect.
Erm Percy said that less people contract the virus that wear masks, so they do do something.

Percy quotes facts?
Facts Bad?....didn't you say in an earlier post
I am not suggesting any alleged ‘facts’ Percy or anyone has posted are true.

Make your mind up, are they facts, alleged facts or facts that may not be true at all?

Methinks you are trying to swing things to 'your' side of the argument somehow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back