Covid Jab or no Covid Jab? Discuss!

Will you get the vaccine when it comes?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Percy666

Whats the difference in poll options between no and "hell no " and yes compared with " yes we need this to end asap"

Calledsaul

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I've had the AstraZeneca jab and I have not been adversely affected. The booster is in May.

It is something that I have found difficult to fathom, why people that are more likely than not to benefit from the jab are hesitant. It, the vaccine, is testament to what human being work together towards a common goal are capable of achieving.

A

avonguy

My Dad had his second jab this week and I have my first next week. It is the right thing to do.

F

FATZY

Really up to you! So many are worried about side effects,plus the latest re Astra - my husband had Astra 5 weeks ago and is ok so far, I had Phizer 3 weeks ago and am ok so far too - all I had was a sore arm for 2 days and my doctor said that's ok.
Too many politics involved re Astra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Now that the vaccine has arrived, will you be getting it??
I had mine last Saturday, so yes - vaccinate!

I had AstraZeneca and quite severe side-effects, but not as bad as my husband's because he vomited. I think it's wise if you have children or dependants to think ahead and have someone on standby to help out because you may not be able to run around after them! Get some painkillers in, too, because the headache is quite a champ. The younger you are, it seems, the more severe the side effects, but they are less likely to kill you than Covid-19.

We need to vaccinate.

Last edited:
P

Percy666

Covid - average age of death above life expectancy at 82, chances of dying from covid below 60 tiny vs a vaccine that may have long term side effects. I wont be taking it

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Covid - average age of death above life expectancy at 82, chances of dying from covid below 60 tiny vs a vaccine that may have long term side effects. I wont be taking it
I know what you're saying and that the stats are accurate but average age didn't help my pal, married to a GP with all the knowledge, who was killed by it at 33. Not worth the risk for me.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I do not want it ,

I have had Covid and it was rough but i survived and i would again ,

I would never push this view to another but it is my stance,

It does not help against transmission or maybe i would if it did.

I will be refusing when offered.

Calledsaul

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
If I were to get one--:)--I'd wait a couple of years to see how the long-term safety studies go.
I can't make the claim to understand the workings of anyone else's mind and their cognitive process, but waiting for a couple of years to digest the findings of any or all long term studies RE: Covid19 jab is a prudent measure.

Surely it stands to reason that the purpose for rolling out the various vaccines is to thwart the pandemic in the here and now. Assuming that the educated minds across world have got their calculations suitably accurate to be effective for the majority and all that jazz...

The likelihood of catching Covid19 would have diminished therefore lessening the risks associated and the need for the jab becomes moot.

I am not blessed with the knowledge of how to cook up magic potions that stop the spread of demonic badness and protect the global community but there are many people who know the what when and how.

Why would they not do their best for the greater good. I acknowledge that the long term effects are unknown st the moment. I have faith.

SixFootFive

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Given my age, health, and fitness level, I'm of (almost) zero risk from COVID-19. We know enough about the virus to say this with confidence.

Am I at zero risk from the COVID-19 vaccine(s)? Well . . . we can't really say yet. Early results look murky.

A simple risk assessment says I'm better off skipping the jab. And that's exactly what I'll be doing.

Hard pass.

Brass

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I can't make the claim to understand the workings of anyone else's mind and their cognitive process, but waiting for a couple of years to digest the findings of any or all long term studies RE: Covid19 jab is a prudent measure.

Surely it stands to reason that the purpose for rolling out the various vaccines is to thwart the pandemic in the here and now. Assuming that the educated minds across world have got their calculations suitably accurate to be effective for the majority and all that jazz...

The likelihood of catching Covid19 would have diminished therefore lessening the risks associated and the need for the jab becomes moot.

I am not blessed with the knowledge of how to cook up magic potions that stop the spread of demonic badness and protect the global community but there are many people who know the what when and how.

Why would they not do their best for the greater good. I acknowledge that the long term effects are unknown st the moment. I have faith.
While it is true that you have no knowledge of how to cook up what they're calling a vaccine, there is nothing stopping you from finding out where, when, and who purified and isolated this virus. So, who isolated this virus, and where and when was this done? Then we can move on to the issue of how this "vaccine" is not like other vaccines. For instance, does this vaccine contain a weakened or dead form of the virus?

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
In my opinion we have an obligation to protect our fellow human beings. Not being vaccinated is both foolish and selfish.

But you having the Vaccine doesn't protect anyone else ,

Your statement was heroic but not valid .

P

Percy666

There is no evidence that the " vaccine " reduces transmission so providing those that wish to have it considered vulnerable do so, it's a moot point whether others do as they will be protected. It isn't anyones moral duty or legal obligation to inject themselves with anything for the benefit of others- if we go down this road why not make blood donation mandatory or perhaps a kidney donation as we only need one to survive.

Everyones risk from covid is different and so should their approach to the vaccine instead of this collective rubbish about everyone "doing their bit". Im responsible for my own health, not Mr White at number 82 who is 90 where even if I took a vaccine there is no evidence it offers any more protection to him. A common cold or flu can kill those with immune disorders yet there were no masks pre 2019 and around 30,000 people each year die in the Uk of air pollution related illnesses so do we all give up driving cars? Life is finite, manage your own health and leave others to exercise autonomy over their own bodies as we will all end up 6 feet under/ burnt in an incinerator in the not too distant future anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back