Forum interests .......

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I was going to say a darkened room emoji would be an idea so we can all hide in it and sob but that might bring up complaints about colour, not that I have any opinion on whether a room is bright or dark. I know people that turn on lights because the room is dark but I'm not one of them.
Nothing like a dark room. Said the budding photographer back in the 60's aye?.!

breakwake. Every time I see your profile picture I think of this video.!

It's PHD. The song is called 'I wont let you down'..1982.

Great song.

In the video Lead singer Jim Diamond is often seen facing backwards. Totally reminds me of You.!

In a good way fella..;)

The band took its name from the initial letters of its three founding members surnames... Phillips, Hymas and Diamond.

Jim Diamond who was the lead vocalist, Tony Hymas on keyboards and Simon Phillips on Drums.

Jim Diamond sadly Died in 2015. So there will never be another PHD.

But in My mind you carry it on. I like that. ;)

ruthless

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I`ll give some advice . Non age specific.

I firmly believe the forums could do with a motivation system to encourage more participation.

Offer some random money. Basically bribe the users.
For example every 100th post gets £20 , yeh might encourage spammies?

Or put online tiddly winks in !

poco_loco is there any budget to award people for flair?

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Wouldn't it have been far simpler for you just to state what you DO NOT want posted on the Forum?
Your threads, along with those of TwoWhalesInAPool, are blatantly intended to incite negative responses.
Very few people even proffer a comment, such is the pettiness and divisiveness of your subject matter.

It's not too difficult to compose a thread or a comment without turning it into a political debate or point-scoring, slanging match with other contributors here. Having said that, it is highly likely that you would struggle to find something to post that someone actually agrees with.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
A 'read list' with direct 'links'. Immediately visible when you log in to remind people what threads they clicked on previously. It's a common feature on some sites although I have no idea how difficult/expensive it is to implement.

;)

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Wouldn't it have been far simpler for you just to state what you DO NOT want posted on the Forum?
Your threads, along with those of TwoWhalesInAPool, are blatantly intended to incite negative responses.
Very few people even proffer a comment, such is the pettiness and divisiveness of your subject matter.

It's not too difficult to compose a thread or a comment without turning it into a political debate or point-scoring, slanging match with other contributors here. Having said that, it is highly likely that you would struggle to find something to post that someone actually agrees with.

Thank you, thank you. I am wearing the Crown with pride.

daisy face gif.gif

SamBally

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you. I am wearing the Crown with pride.

I didn't even notice what he typed.

Do you suppose he was genuinely being sincere taking into account his own track record on this site?

Or was it unintentional "satire"?

Lol!!!

From what I gather he is an extremely busy man scurrying around the various chat rooms aggressively shouting at everyone else, usually women, that their 'grammar' is 'atrocious' and then going into great detail about just how "chavish" he thinks they are and generally being a bit of an all-round bell-end.

What is it with these angry old men?

The man is an OAP for christ's sake, it can't be good for his blood pressure.

Reaction score
A category specifically for satire and another for "triggering" people or being hostile. It may help keep the serious topics serious. Can't see people getting involved in a post if they believe they're going to be attacked for their views in an attempt to "trigger" them. Sometimes people are asked not to respond to a post because they may get "triggered". Clearly a problem for some.

SamBally

Reaction score
Serious topics such as the majority of board users recently supporting Jimmy Carr's right to use 'shock jock' satire during his act.

NIMBYs

Alternatively, if you don't like either the author and or the topic, then don't click on the link.

Simples.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
There is a new room for members who wish to "debate" a specific topic can do so without the personal attacks which appear in the Forums or the regular chatrooms.
Anyone who has read these boards for a long time will know that there is a personal discord between myself and another member which erupts when specific topics are "posted " on here. One thing that happens frequently is that the member has a group of followers who only ever use the Forum boards to support his words when any argument is erupting. Most of their posts are just sarcastic jibes at me which get a big "grin" to make them work.
It`s the same in the chatrooms ,where i get told to "ignore" or "block" as it`s my fault ! It`s MY fault for responding when i should be meekly siting in a corner and not taking any part. I know what i think ! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
From what I gather he is an extremely busy man

old men

The man is an OAP
1."From what I gather": 'aka' from what "I (actually) read". Like you are pronouncing that this is NOT of your own invention.
2. "old men". Based on the obvious BELIEF that ANY male is older than you, seemingly.
3. "The man is an OAP". That is hapless tautology. I refer the individual to the previous statement.

So, all in all, you appear to have little of value or import to add to what I have already stated.
'Quelle surprise'! Pardon my French.

Next desperate harridan, please ... Er, not you, TwoWhalesInAPool.
:rolleyes:
P.S. You don't know how old I am. You just suspect that someone wiser than you is probably older than you.

SamBally

Reaction score
1."From what I gather": 'aka' from what "I (actually) read". Like you are pronouncing that this is NOT of your own invention.
2. "old men". Based on the obvious BELIEF that ANY male is older than you, seemingly.
3. "The man is an OAP". That is hapless tautology. I refer the individual to the previous statement.

So, all in all, you appear to have little of value or import to add to what I have already stated.
'Quelle surprise'! Pardon my French.

Next desperate harridan, please ... Er, not you, TwoWhalesInAPool.
:rolleyes:
P.S. You don't know how old I am. You just suspect that someone wiser than you is probably older than you.

Oh gosh, all those words, all for me, the most you have ever typed during your entire internet career, I feel so blessed. I had no idea that you are so sensitive in regards to your age. I do humbly apologise, Sir.

Most men of your advancing years have matured like a spicy and fruity 'Parmigiano Reggiano' from a Waitrose Foodhall (excuse my Italian) but you appear to have aged into a bland 'Cathedral City' from Asda.

Have a little lie-down, put your feet up and relax and shout at old episodes of Countdown on TV while you leer at Carol Vorderman.

'Clichés so often befall vain people.'

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Oh gosh, all those words, all for me, the most you have ever typed during your entire internet career, I feel so blessed. I had no idea that you are so sensitive in regards to your age. I do humbly apologise, Sir.

Most men of your advancing years have matured like a spicy and fruity 'Parmigiano Reggiano' from a Waitrose Foodhall (excuse my Italian) but you appear to have aged into a bland 'Cathedral City' from Asda.

Have a little lie-down, put your feet up and relax and shout at old episodes of Countdown on TV while you leer at Carol Vorderman.

'Clichés so often befall vain people.'
"Most men of your advancing years": yet, again, I am still awaiting your PROOF of my age. Otherwise your 'argument 'is simply negated.
Surely, someone purporting to be as 'clever' as you should be able to access a plethora of clichés from your stock source. Google one.

When you have exhausted all your facile clichés, perhaps you might actually post something that has some real credibility.
I won't hold my breath.
Nice that you finished with a touch of self-directed irony ...
'Clichés so often befall vain people'.
What pretentious, 'ageist 'insult' will you manage to (desperately TRY to) offend me with next?
:eek:

SamBally

Reaction score
"Most men of your advancing years": yet, again, I am still awaiting your PROOF of my age. Otherwise your 'argument 'is simply negated.
Surely, someone purporting to be as 'clever' as you should be able to access a plethora of clichés from your stock source. Google one.

When you have exhausted all your facile clichés, perhaps you might actually post something that has some real credibility.
I won't hold my breath.
Nice that you finished with a touch of self-directed irony ...
'Clichés so often befall vain people'.
What pretentious, 'ageist 'insult' will you manage to (desperately TRY to) offend me with next?
:eek:

Excuse my prompt reply but I was reading the board, old boy.

You are the cliché.

You.

Everything else just wooooooooooshes right past you.

Back