Thoughts on the latest news about the Vaccine?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I've had a letter saying I'm eligible for the vaccine because I'm a carer for someone who's 'clinically vulnerable'. The funny thing is, the clinically vulnerable person hasn't yet been offered the vaccine. Crazy! :)

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I can't remember the last time i was ill with a flu or cold. It seems to have disappeared. This might be the healthiest I've ever felt, so i think isolation has had it's benefits lol.

On the vaccine, I'm not anti-vaccine. I do think people should be prioritised based on what they're doing for work or their current health situation.
So people who work in the care industry looking after others, and people who are more vulnerable to the virus. I'm happy to wait until everyone else is vaccinated first, as I'm not a priority compared to other people.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I used to smoke 80 a day.
Went to the doctor, he said im going to put you on a course that involves needles to cure you.
Is it knitting i asked?
Then he just put his head in his hands.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Looking forward to the introduction of COVID_19 vaccine passports. Those who remain unvaccinated, thought their own choice with no valid reasoning, should be restricted to the activities they can take part in. Until they get vaccinated that is. No flying, limited shopping, no crowd events, no indoor events, limited ability to leave their homes, etc. Lock them down.

Society need is greater than their self entitled nonsense.

I vote YES for Vaccine Passports.

B

Bad_Influence

Not gonna happen. Too many potential lawsuits. However I fully agree making the vaccine a necessity for foreign travel, both into and out of the country.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Looking forward to the introduction of COVID_19 vaccine passports. Those who remain unvaccinated, thought their own choice with no valid reasoning, should be restricted to the activities they can take part in. Until they get vaccinated that is. No flying, limited shopping, no crowd events, no indoor events, limited ability to leave their homes, etc. Lock them down.

Society need is greater than their self entitled nonsense.

I vote YES for Vaccine Passports.

Why not weld them in their homes like the Chinese while you're at it? This is Insanity. Madness like this permanently fractures societies. You're not progressing it for the better in the long run. We're still faced with issues going forward once the lockdowns end, such as dealing with people's mental health, caused by the lockdowns and being in social isolation. Where i may agree that people should get vaccinated, I'm opposed to these totalitarian measures to in doing it. I think it causes more harm than good.

B

Bad_Influence

Why not weld them in their homes like the Chinese while you're at it? This is Insanity. Madness like this permanently fractures societies. You're not progressing it for the better in the long run. We're still faced with issues going forward once the lockdowns end, such as dealing with people's mental health, caused by the lockdowns and being in social isolation. Where i may agree that people should get vaccinated, I'm opposed to these totalitarian measures to in doing it. I think it causes more harm than good.

TwoTiddlers is a snowflake. He thinks the world revolves around him and his thoughts. It's sad really

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Can i be nuts also :)

BZAJk6AhGZR4zxDRlGrlnghTjRC8jowx59dcMb01LLaDlmExjKshMUYAK38uvoqe7Nn7mnRqUkDR7X_z9k6Ge5HOghZmE6fvt7tyLjG3QRl30m8KzOv3y5R9IgR0PKOy1cc9L6_39DY75aRiGrtMve8tTHjgn0vryK8

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Typical 'gammons' (if you want to go down the name calling road) @Bad_Influence and @Wojcik, making use of mental illness as a form of attack.

You two need to pull your big boy pants up and start acting like the elderly adult men you both are.

[Na na na na-na]

Bring on Vaccine Passports I say. That will sort the COVID_19 deniers / antivaxxers out.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I got my Covid jab this morning and it bloody hurt! I'm not joking :eek: For the convenience of booking the day and time to suit me, I elected to get it done at the Nightingale and I'm glad to see those hospitals being put to some use. :rolleyes: By going to a vaccine centre I fully expected to get the Pfizer one, which was going against what I've said in previous posts on here, but over the last few months I've changed my mind about the vaccine. The benefits far outweigh the drawbacks. The funny thing is, I ended up getting the Oxford one. :)

Brass

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
It's not a vaccine. There is a definition for the word "vaccine," and this gene therapy does not qualify as a vaccine. So, just a heads-up on that.

Back