Overuse of the 'like' feature.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
There's one or two in here i'd rather fist face not fist bump.
It's an 'unlike' feature I'd like to see added to the site, the sheer pleasure of being able to cancel out unworthy likes with an 'unlike' it would be better than sex (working from memory here).

lol.

I often said to myself "When these dicks turn me to violence" i'll quit" ,

Iv'e dismembered 8 chatters and i'm still here ,

The "How can you be so unbelievably dense" kick is hard to walk away from,

It's my Television that has suffered ,

The BBC can't script this kind of drama :)

Hughie

Take these times easy.be safe.Help others.
Reaction score
Now Instagram have dropped their 'like' feature should this first-rate chat site follow suit?
Reading the forum you do notice that some thought-provoking postings that ought to get the forum moving don't receive any replies or 'likes' and yet you often see same chatters all liking each others posts no matter how inane they may be, even just a smiley face will get liked, to me this is ineffable.

A while back in one thread some big kahuna was boasting about how many likes they had and in another thread a forum member was belittling someone else for having so few. People with a low 'like' count can feel worthless, useless and abandoned (speaking for someone else here). The raison d'être for this forum is surely to discuss issues not to accumulate likes.
I post this thread not to instigate or act like some low-rent troll but simply to generate debate, after all that's what the forum is for isn't it? (aside from endless ban appeals) If it gets ignored or no likes i will be inconsolable, if someone replies to it simply with 'lol' and that gets liked I will be crestfallen :eek:
Its good if whoever likes a post has a genuine interest,and likes it..getting a thousand likes is that so important.egotistically to thoes that have an ego maybe.myself i like one like this as its worth talking about.

GregT

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Now Instagram have dropped their 'like' feature should this first-rate chat site follow suit?
Reading the forum you do notice that some thought-provoking postings that ought to get the forum moving don't receive any replies or 'likes' and yet you often see same chatters all liking each others posts no matter how inane they may be, even just a smiley face will get liked, to me this is ineffable.

A while back in one thread some big kahuna was boasting about how many likes they had and in another thread a forum member was belittling someone else for having so few. People with a low 'like' count can feel worthless, useless and abandoned (speaking for someone else here). The raison d'être for this forum is surely to discuss issues not to accumulate likes.
I post this thread not to instigate or act like some low-rent troll but simply to generate debate, after all that's what the forum is for isn't it? (aside from endless ban appeals) If it gets ignored or no likes i will be inconsolable, if someone replies to it simply with 'lol' and that gets liked I will be crestfallen :eek:

(Clearly, I don't like enough posts on Instagram because I didn't even realise it had been removed!) ..... Maybe it is just an easy way of acknowledging someones post? A bit like nodding your head in a conversation when you agree?

As for showing off your "likes" count, I guess that might be a reflection of the persons character (or age!). Personally speaking, I appreciate a like from someone, but I already have a set of core values I live by, so social media "likes" are not even on my radar in regards to how I feel. So it would not bother me if the option was removed.

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Not sure if I like this thread or not !!!
Now wondering if I posted just to see if it gets liked or not, life is sooo confusing!!!!!!! :confused::confused::confused:

#AmINeedy:(:(:(

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I was going to 'like' but I felt it would have been predictable. I'll 'like' the next one, I promise (maybe) :p

I refuse to get drawn into your evil mind games :p but as a woman I have to have the last word.....

Please do not like this post :D:D:D:D:D

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I would give up all my likes just to be the "CODFATHERS" fwend ;)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I can't buy a 'like for love nor money, serves me right for being friendless (there's a surprise) :rolleyes:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I didn't get where I am today without being called CJ, :) or knowing that people are making comments solely to accumulate 'likes'. We aren't one of those dreadful forums where people form cliques to 'like' each other's comments no matter how moronic they may be, and at the same time, ignore comments from people who are disliked no matter how insightful they may be. Or are we? :rolleyes:

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I didn't get where I am today without being called CJ, :) or knowing that people are making comments solely to accumulate 'likes'. We aren't one of those dreadful forums where people form cliques to 'like' each other's comments no matter how moronic they may be, and at the same time, ignore comments from people who are disliked no matter how insightful they may be. Or are we? :rolleyes:

'In its senses of “enjoy” and “maintain as a regular habit”, like is a catenative verb; in the former, it usually takes a gerund (-ing form), while in the latter, it takes a to-infinitive.' - [quote OED/Wiki]

As someone who rarely posts, or replies to posts made in these forum/s, I found your post raised an eyebrow, and fluttered a modicum of interest across my digits, enough to make me click on the gold star of all forum mutterings, the most frabjous LIKE button. Thankfully, like you, I see no cliques on these forums, so I feel safe in communicating my approbation and interest to yourself, without fear of snide remarks, name calling, or threats of exposure for ... oh never mind, that's something else entirely.

I do expect a like in return of course or you can fvck off and I will remove my like immediately.

❤️

PS: I just noticed

You: Likes Received 449

Me: Likes Received 313

Make of that what you will.

Last edited:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Please don't be begging for a 'like' in return, they must be earned! you don't give to receive. And don't you dare threaten to remove your 'like'. :eek: I've 'liked' your post simply because the comments warranted it.
I can see that I may to have to start practising what used to be known as 'lifemanship' which as you may well know, is the art of being 'one up' on others. Always remember, he who is not one up, is one down. ;)

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I prefer to weigh people up in the rooms than on here.
You get more of a flavour if they are ok or not.

Back