Will you open up your home to a Ukrainian refugee?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly, hardly charitable.
But sadly it does happen - it's not called a salary - it's called a reimbursement of expenses and it is given to people who volunteer, by many non profit organisations.
How the hell do people live on "nothing " when normal people in average jobs have to struggle on £300 plus a week here?
Is this a sot of Parable of the 10 thousand eating a handful of fish ?.
Btw ,i don`t work i`m retired now.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
No its simply charity.
I get nothing for my time, neither does anyone in the organisation as I am aware.
You avoid telling us how you live in a Society based on capital ?. Maybe you are filthy rich to start with ? That i could understand.

casiquaire

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Maybe ypu could try it, actaully giving a sh** about toher people.
Its very rewarding when you dont just spout the usual "I care" Bs.

Fecking idiots who talk the talk but dont want to be involved with actually helping people, they just like to say they do.

It's very easy, sh** or get off the pot.
those are the worst types, the "i care about others" or the "be kind" chanting crew, they are usually the most unkind disingenuous self interest driven people out there...........and as a response to the original question of the post, no i wont be, however if it was 350quid a day as opposed to 350 a month, then id converting every single square foot i had spare into barrack type living with bunkbeds squeezed in everywhere i could

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
This is a forum, no one has to say what they do, how much they earn, or how. :rolleyes:
A reasonable querie in my opinion ...someone boasting about how he is very worthy by working for charity ...when others are NOT ?. It`s not unkind to ask how he/she lives if they get absolutely NO pay ?.We don`t wish to know down to the nearest penny ffs .

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
A reasonable querie in my opinion ...someone boasting about how he is very worthy by working for charity ...when others are NOT ?. It`s not unkind to ask how he/she lives if they get absolutely NO pay ?.We don`t wish to know down to the nearest penny ffs .

I thought you said you are a 'chat pro'. Why are you digging for answers regarding pissheads online and their tall tales and who can be and whatever they like in this online world of ours?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I thought you said you are a 'chat pro'. Why are you digging for answers regarding pissheads online and their tall tales and who can be and whatever they like in this online world of ours?
I NEVER said i was a chat pro ! You have me mistaken for the program which decides when a member qualifies as a chat legend etc :) ask Admin ( pocoloco)

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
I NEVER said i was a chat pro ! You have me mistaken for the program which decides when a member qualifies as a chat legend etc :) ask Admin ( pocoloco)

How does one become a chat legend, I rather like that title?

A

AGirlHasNoName

I generally don't like anyone in my home, not even my mum :) so no, I most definitely would not be opening my home, I don't have the space anyway really, and having teen girls - it's a risky business. Also the poor Ukranian refugees would probably hate living with a bunch of ADHD, hormonal, angry females :p

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
In Yemen there have been 10's of thousands of casualties, roughly 8 million people displaced, living in tent cities that have to keep moving.
All backed by weapons supplied by us in the UK.
Yes. Yemen rarely warrants a mention in the news here. Possibly because it is Saudi Arabia who is laying siege to the country, and they're our allies with 1000s of jobs in the UK dependent on them. Turning to the Ukrainians... is it because for the most part, they look like us, dress like us, we have more sympathy for them? :rolleyes:

casiquaire

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Lets not forget some one else is going to profit from the war in Ukraine - Israel who not only has a controlling influence in the us democrats, also has the ability to ship oil/gas to Europe thanks to foreign us aggression which has a) invaded Syria so Israel could get access to the Kurdish oil fields, b) invaded Libya because Libya was about to cut Israel out of the deal as it bought energy companies in Eygpt and was going to use the Suez Canal as opposed to the Red Sea which Israel offered. Just within the last fortnight Israel were in talks to route oil/gas via Turkey and Greece according to Reuters.

C

CrazyCatLady

"Would you be in the position to take in a Ukrainian refugee...and will you?"

No. I have a large spare room & 2 spare beds, but I'd rather offer it up to Freddie Kruger- I'd sleep easier at night.
Considering the amount my fuel bill is going up, £350 a month wouldn't even cover the cost of a shower and charging their mobile phone. Also, I don't see why the hell they're coming to the UK anyway. Are there not enough 'safe' countries between here and Ukraine they can be housed in? We didn't cause this war, so why are WE taking them and our taxes paying for them? If we were at war, would we be shipping women, children and people traffickers, sorry, vulnerable men, to Ukraine? Doubtful!

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
You avoid telling us how you live in a Society based on capital ?. Maybe you are filthy rich to start with ? That i could understand.

I'm disabled, even though I fecking hate the term.
The state pays for me to exist because I had an accident and broke my neck.

I dispise being this way, but after I tried to top myself I promised my mam I would never do it again.
So your all stuck with me. :p

S

Saphire

I'm disabled, even though I fecking hate the term.
The state pays for me to exist because I had an accident and broke my neck.

I dispise being this way, but after I tried to top myself I promised my mam I would never do it again.
So your all stuck with me. :p
I'm sorry to read this.
I for one am happy to be stuck with you.:cool:

Back