What are you reading?

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I enjoy detective fiction. I am a very fast reader and finish a book in about two days. I have a Kindle thank goodness, otherwise I would require a library to store the very many books I get through in a year.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Now I am reading David Sedaris: 'I Talk Pretty One Day'. He is a very silly and amusing man and I like him very much.:)

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I’m definitely going to have to get that book! I love the dark side of fairy tales. My daughter (she’s 4) has learned the song “ring around the rosey” I tell her that’s about the pledge. Of course she doesn’t understand but I love looking up the actual origin of fairytales and the dark and twisted side of them inside of the boring happy go lucky.
Ring a Ring o Roses? Don't think it was about polish - the Plague, maybe! :D

Seriously, though - they do have VERY sinister origins, very often! Agreed - very interesting!

B

Bad_Influence

I'm reading a forum entitled 'What are you reading'...... to be honest the characters need work and the plot is quite repetitive. :p:p:p

IglooLass

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
What book(s) are you reading? What's your favourite book? Recommend books to others.

One book I am reading is 'the book of the cosmos.'
"Ruth Ellis" by Richard Hancock.

a truly sad tale about loss of life.

Esoterix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"E-mails from a Madman: namdam a morf sliame"

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Was she the last woman to be hung cags?

Louisew1995

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
The award winning Sunday times bestseller.....
'THIS IS GOING TO HURT' ........secret diaries of a junior doctor by Adam Kay.
Its amazingly funny what goes on behind hospital doors!
I have literally just finished this & I agree it’s a good book

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
"Ruth Ellis" by Richard Hancock.

a truly sad tale about loss of life.
These days she'd have got a suspended sentence through diminished responsibility, and rightly so.

IglooLass

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Watched a play about her t' other evening and i absolutely agree. She was put through a terrible ordeal

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm halfway through JJ50's autobiography "My adventurous life!", like most self-published stuff it's very self-indulgent but worth a read. :rolleyes:

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Are people implying it isn't true? I don't lie, every word I have written is completely true, it forms part of my autobiography, which I have been writing for about 20 years. No doubt my kids will write the last chapter, when another of my crazy stunts finishes me off.

B

Bad_Influence

Are people implying it isn't true? I don't lie, every word I have written is completely true, it forms part of my autobiography, which I have been writing for about 20 years. No doubt my kids will write the last chapter, when another of my crazy stunts finishes me off.

Of course you have. o_O

Back