What are you reading?

D

DarkerDays

Just finishing up reading Catch 22 by Joseph Heller. Not done yet but it ranks among the favourites.

“They couldn't keep Death out, but while she was in she had to act like a lady.”

beenherebefore

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Lee Childs at the moment in order. Like Peter James, James Patterson, Chris Ewan and waiting for new L J Ross book downloading at end of month. Cant beat a good thriller to get your imagination working

TheThinker

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
A great book about "Anti-Gravity" the thing is I just cant put it down o_O

U_N_Owen

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
'Microcosmic God' a very old classic sci-fi yarn that's available free online, it's only a short story but worth a read.

T

thecakelady

Have just finished reading the Freddy Mercury biography and a light-hearted novel about midwives in the 1950s. Next on my list are a Victoria Holt period novel and William Golding's Lord of the Flies ( found my old book at my daughter's house: she'd nicked it so i nicked it back to read again! )

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I've just read 'Doctor Zhivago'. Now I love the movie, which is rightly regarded as a cinematic masterpiece staring the handsome Omar Sharif and Julie Christie in a role any actress would die for, but the book was a massive disappointment. I know Pasternak was a poet but endless pages describing the beauty of snow, numerous characters with unpronounceable names made for a difficult read. The book may well have won the Nobel prize for literature and perhaps I'm a philistine but I could not recommend it to anyone.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Just finished 'Vox', because one of my 6th-formers wants to use it for coursework. It was rather good - a 'Handmaid's Tale' in the characters' own homes. Terrifyingly possible!

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
My last one was 'I, Partridge - We Need to Talk About Alan'. Hysterically funny, as one would expect from that nitwit.

Half3state

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I am currently reading a book called: Destiny Disrupted A History of the World Through Islamic Eyes. By Tamim Ansary

I

inabsentia

1Q84. Haruki Murakami. I'm hoping it'll bend my mind just like The Wind-up Bird Chronicle did.

IglooLass

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
What book(s) are you reading? What's your favourite book? Recommend books to others.

One book I am reading is 'the book of the cosmos.'
"The Ripple Effect" by Domonic Holland, its a hoot. footy fans will love it
also reading "The Inn At The Top" about The Tan Hill Inn in Yorkshire.

Purplesunflower

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
What book(s) are you reading? What's your favourite book? Recommend books to others.

One book I am reading is 'the book of the cosmos.'
I’m reading a book called the secret orphan. It’s a pretty good book

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I've only just got round to reading Wuthering Heights. Must admit, I'm having trouble accepting that Heathcliff is a Scouser :rolleyes:

Tinsel

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Justin Cronin's The Passage.
Not really my thing and a bit creepy but well written so struggling to put it down

Back