The racist underbelly of the patriot hard-right.

S

Saphire

But literally nobody said "I'm not racist, but..."

Nobody said that because derogatory language is used a lot less that racism doesn't still exist. Nobody at all. Of course it does.

What people including myself have said was that a lot of derogatory language was used as a norm years ago, no matter how abhorrent it was, especially by children who didn't know any different and who were raised hearing it and therefore adopted it as normal without realizing the racist tone. It was simply explained that the more its talked about the more people are realizing that things needed to/need to change and they have and are changing, albeit slower than is needed, but the point was if I'm an 80s baby who grew up in the 90s and everyone was still using these phrases in the late 90s early 2000's then it does show how much progress has been made since. Social conditioning will never be changed overnight it will take many many many years, and that's what it is, hundreds of years of biased hateful propaganda embedded into society, passed down via generations of people.

Those who are willing to stand up and say, ok yes I was raised thinking X Y and Z were okay, but now I'm a free thinking adult with access to the internet and many other things, I have been able to realize my errors and correct my language and/or possible ways of thinking. That is where it all starts, because less racist people having less racist kids will eventually mostly eradicate those deep seated generational views.

Surely this is all common sense? or do you all just love jumping to conclusions and having a b**** fit without looking at deeper reasoning's and the ways to come out out of it all?

And I still don't believe you TWIAP.
I agree with everything you say here.
Also, many people used language that was not considered offensive then, eg, mixed race people were referred to as 'half-caste, terms like coloured and oriental were commonly used in descriptions.
In the future the term mixed race and multi cultural will be out of vogue, for some they already are.

It's daft to presume people who used those terms were/are racist.
It's racist to deliberately carry on using words that are now known to offend.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I agree with everything you say here.
Also, many people used language that was not considered offensive then, eg, mixed race people were referred to as 'half-caste, terms like coloured and oriental were commonly used in descriptions.
In the future the term mixed race and multi cultural will be out of vogue, for some they already are.

It's daft to presume people who used those terms were/are racist.
It's racist to deliberately carry on using words that are now known to offend.

Who considered it not offensive?

Whitesplaining again, huh.

Racists will do anything they can to wrangle away from their actual racism.

If you are prepared to make excuses for racists and racist terms so be it.

I'm not.

S

Saphire

Who considered it not offensive?

Whitesplaining again, huh.

Racists will do anything they can to wrangle away from their actual racism.

If you are prepared to make excuses for racists and racist terms so be it.

I'm not.
Your definition of racism is obviously different to mine.
Language evolves...the words even you are using today will be considered to be out of vogue in years to come.

Doesn't mean they have been said with racism, sexism, whatever 'ism' is being discussed in years to come.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Also, many people used language that was not considered offensive then, eg, mixed race people were referred to as 'half-caste,
Without getting too involved in the semantics of it, I really do not like the term 'mixed race', because simply by definition, anything mixed is no longer pure. I'm very surprised it's still in use.
On another matter...
ABC have suspended Whoopi Goldberg for two weeks over her comments that the Holocaust was not about Race. :rolleyes: Imagine the outcry if someone from the 'hard right' came out with something like that?

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Your definition of racism is obviously different to mine.
Language evolves...the words even you are using today will be considered to be out of vogue in years to come.

Doesn't mean they have been said with racism, sexism, whatever 'ism' is being discussed in years to come.

I'll ask you again - who 'considered it not offensive'?

I'm quoting your words from two posts ago - quote 'many people used language that was not considered offensive then,'.

S

Saphire

I'll ask you again - who 'considered it not offensive'?

I'm quoting your words from two posts ago - quote 'many people used language that was not considered offensive then,'.
Society considered the words 'not offensive'.They would be listed in dictionaries, explaining their origin.
Some words didn't start off to offend, it was the way they were used that offended.
Some of these words are still listed, now they are listed as OFFENSIVE.....because as I said, times change,
The N word, possibly considered to be the most offensive of the lot, is still used amongst black people to describe their own people.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Society considered the words 'not offensive'.They would be listed in dictionaries, explaining their origin.
Some words didn't start off to offend, it was the way they were used that offended.
Some of these words are still listed, now they are listed as OFFENSIVE.....because as I said, times change,
The N word, possibly considered to be the most offensive of the lot, is still used amongst black people to describe their own people.
words you use.jpg

Let me put you out of your 'wriggling away from the obvious answer' misery.

You mean 'white society'.

You mean those not facing racism.

You mean racists.

They are the ones who considered it non offensive.

Shame on you.

S

Saphire

View attachment 7887

Let me put you out of your 'wriggling away from the obvious answer' misery.

You mean 'white society'.

You mean those not facing racism.

You mean racists.

They are the ones who considered it non offensive.

Shame on you.
You seem to be the one in misery tbh....no doubt because your conjoined twin has been put in his/her place on other threads.:rolleyes:

Why are you wriggling out of answering the points I have made ?

Eg...
Explain who considers this word offensive?
If so why is it still accepted?

I know the answer....do you?

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
You seem to be the one in misery tbh....no doubt because your conjoined twin has been put in his/her place on other threads.:rolleyes:

Why are you wriggling out of answering the points I have made ?

Eg...
Explain who considers this word offensive?
If so why is it still accepted?

I know the answer....do you?

What the hell does 'answering the points I have made mean'? wtf! lol

And, the fact you have typed out that statement in bold, proves, that you have no understanding at all of 'white privilege', the exact privilege you are showing in the words you are using. No understanding at all. In your little privileged bubble. SMFH

But continue with your 'whitesplaning' ignorance.

Wriggle away, with your racist tropes.

And see below, again.

words you use.jpg

S

Saphire

I have answered your point...you avoided mine.

However...if you want to believe everyone here is a big bad racist because they may have used a now unpopular term to describe a black person decades ago....that is your right.
It doesn't make those people stupid, it makes you unrealistic.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
What the hell does 'answering the points I have made mean'? wtf! lol

And, the fact you have typed out that statement in bold, proves, that you have no understanding at all of 'white privilege', the exact privilege you are showing in the words you are using. No understanding at all. In your little privileged bubble. SMFH

But continue with your 'whitesplaning' ignorance.

Wriggle away, with your racist tropes.

Absolutely, all it took was a few deliberate pokes with a stick and their true nature soon revealed itself.

The female version of Bad_Influence.

An airhead.

A stupid.

It is impossible to debate with them. They have lived their entire lives wrapped up in a privileged white cocoon and never strayed far from their comfort zone. They are ignorant about other cultures, they are ignorant in general and the badlands of the internet is the only remaining 'safe' space where they can still openly spew their poisonous racist ideology.

S

Saphire

You are obviously smarting about the fact you have been made to look stupid elsewhere.
Grow up...and stick to the actual topic instead of trying and failing to intimidate.:rolleyes:

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I wanted to ask a few comments up; but honestly don’t want to get caught in cross fire. I enjoy reading all of you, I don’t agree with all comments but I’m always interested in learning from others perspectives.

So my question:
How do you know on a forum someones race/colour/sex?

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Absolutely, all it took was a few deliberate pokes with a stick and their true nature soon revealed itself.

The female version of Bad_Influence.

An airhead.

A stupid.

It is impossible to debate with them. They have lived their entire lives wrapped up in a privileged white cocoon and never strayed far from their comfort zone. They are ignorant about other cultures, they are ignorant in general and the badlands of the internet is the only remaining 'safe' space where they can still openly spew their poisonous racist ideology.

I agree.

The fact she went all over the place trying to avoid the obvious, says it all.

Her entitlement, that belief, that she can say s.hit like that and use it as a whitesplaning argument, doesn't surprise me at all.

And that is exactly what she did.

Pushing her ignorance sky high.

She is a racist apologist 100%.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
Other decent people are rather quite happy I exposed you, airhead. Again you view the rest of the world courtesy of the comfort blanket you wrap yourself within. Narrow-minded, blinkered, and generally ignorant, about any topic at all.

Back