The Covid vaccine to made mandatory for health and care!

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
The government has finished a consultation about making Covid vaccines compulsory for health and care staff in England They intend to bring in new regulations to make COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for anyone deployed by a registered person delivering Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulated activities who has direct, face-to-face contact with service users. This includes health and care staff with clinical and non-clinical roles, for example: care workers, health care assistants, nurses, paramedics, ODPs, receptionists, managers, ward clerks, porters and cleaners.

This covers quite a lot of things like all NHS patient services, personal care in the home and in care homes whether public or private. Anyone likely to interact with vulnerable people receiving care in health and social care settings including, but not limited to, hospitals, GP practices and also in a person’s home are in scope.

The government laid new regulations in Parliament on 9 November 2021 which are still subject to parliamentary passage but are expected to come into force by 1 April 2022. For everyone to be fully vaccinated (first two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine) by this date, unvaccinated people will need to have had their first dose by 3 February 2022.

Similarly to the requirement to have COVID vaccinations in care homes, the new regulations will make it a condition of deployment. Whilst employers should make all efforts to persuade staff to have the vaccine and look at redeployment options away from direct face-to-face roles, where this is not possible, employers may have no choice but to dismiss people who continue to refuse the vaccine, without an allowable exemption, by 1 April 2022.

Excellent news. No more unqualified people declaring "it's an experimental vaccine" and we will wait for up to ten years to see if it's safe or not before we decide to take it or not.

A

AGirlHasNoName

I wonder how many will feel the same when there’s nobody to care for their parents, or when carehome stop accepting those released from hospital because, as is already being seen, they can’t get the staff to safely look after their clients. Time will tell I guess.

Having worked in the care industry, both as an unpaid carer with a family member and in the maternity services of the NHS I can categorically say there will be MASSIVE consequences from this, domiciliary carers, health care assistants and nurses, especially in London and other cities with large BAME communities, will be lost in huge droves. BAME persons in London especially just WILL NOT have this vaccine, no matter how much they're pushed and threatened into it, and they make up the largest proportion of our carers, HCAs and nurses.

Do the government not realize that this is going to have dire dire consequences to older people who are reliant on in home carers? they're already suffering currently because there aren't enough staff to look after them, they're lucky to get 15 mins from the carer for very very basic care because they're stretched so thinly. These older people are lonely, isolated and need more care and support, but they can't get it because there aren't enough carers, forcing the vaccine on those on minimum wage for a very hard and emotional job, quite frankly sickens me. They will just leave and get a job at Aldi etc that pays better than their caring job, despite wanting to make a difference.

My grandmas husband was killed off by an in home carer who came in with a common cold, that was in the 80s, he was already very unwell, caught said virus and sadly passed from the complications of that virus. Nobody has ever worried about the carers passing on flu and colds, which are just as deadly for older folk.

Its absolutely atrocious and makes me SO angry for the poor people who need care and don't get looked after anywhere as near as well as they should.

S

Saphire

The answer is to pay decent wages and train carers better in the art of caring.
I was a carer for my own mother for years, I had the annual flu jab to ensure she didn't get the virus from me. It goes without saying had Covid been around, I would not have wanted anyone going in her home unvaccinated.

The care of the elder;y has been dire for many years, long before Covid came around. 15 minutes in and out for home care. In many care homes, some (certainly not all) the carers are bloody useless.

When my mum needed full time professional care near the end of her life, we looked at 13 or 14 before we found one suitable.

Better pay, better conditions, and obviously, if a person wants to care, they will want to ensure they don't kill off their patients by passing on a deadly virus.

A

AGirlHasNoName

The answer is to pay decent wages and train carers better in the art of caring.
I was a carer for my own mother for years, I had the annual flu jab to ensure she didn't get the virus from me. It goes without saying had Covid been around, I would not have wanted anyone going in her home unvaccinated.

The care of the elder;y has been dire for many years, long before Covid came around. 15 minutes in and out for home care. In many care homes, some (certainly not all) the carers are bloody useless.

When my mum needed full time professional care near the end of her life, we looked at 13 or 14 before we found one suitable.

Better pay, better conditions, and obviously, if a person wants to care, they will want to ensure they don't kill off their patients by passing on a deadly virus.

Oh absolutely the answer is to pay decent wages and train carers a LOT better, they're not going to though, they never have,and they definitely won't start now because the debt due to COVID is going to be astronomical, so better solutions than sacking everyone who hasn't had a jab need to be put into place. Nobody wants to kill their patients with a virus. Daily testing and adequate PPE is the answer, not sacking those who don't want the COVID vaccine, especially as they can still catch and spread it, even if they are jabbed up to the eyeballs.

Unfortunately many older people do not have the luxury of trying out 13 or 14 carers until they find one they like, especially ones who rely on government funding for their care.

S

Saphire

I realise it can be a very trying time finding suitable residential care for the old and infirm.
Many private care homes charge a fortune for inadequate care, this is obviously allowed to happen in our so called caring society.
What I do find even more distressing is many families find the 'care', then seldom go back to visit their parents. I have spoken to enough professional carers to know this happens a hell of a lot. Some residents had not had a visitor since being admitted, even though they had family.

As a society I think we are bloody disgraceful when it comes to looking after the old, but that's a different topic.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this vaccine has long term medical consequences?

Just curious.

Will it have any effect on the long term medical care requirements of those that have taken it?
Will the children of pregnant mothers who took it have complications in the future?
Will it effect any other medication that someone may need to take in the future?

Can someone answer those questions yet?

The simple answer is.. Nope.
Anything else is conjecture as we do not have the long term data.

It really is that simple.

SamBally

Reaction score
Meanwhile, in the real world that most of us inhabit, this legislation will be introduced on the 2nd of April next year. Anyone in the roles identified who refuses to take the Covid vaccines will be offered other roles and if they refuse they will quite rightly be dismissed.

The NHS is the largest employer in Europe and one of the largest globally and its employees, whether employed directly or indirectly, have had ample warning and there will be no ifs or buts about it.

These self-entitled hard-right liberals can make as much noise as they like on internet chat sites, they can shout about all the conspiracy theories they like on internet chat sites but ultimately they have an extremely simple decision to make if they work for the NHS, get vaccinated or find another career.

A knock-on effect will be that once this legislation is introduced in the NHS it will no doubt trickle down throughout the public sector and into the private sector as more employers insist their staff get vaccinated.

A

AGirlHasNoName

Meanwhile, in the real world that most of us inhabit, this legislation will be introduced on the 2nd of April next year. Anyone in the roles identified who refuses to take the Covid vaccines will be offered other roles and if they refuse they will quite rightly be dismissed.

The NHS is the largest employer in Europe and one of the largest globally and its employees, whether employed directly or indirectly, have had ample warning and there will be no ifs or buts about it.

These self-entitled hard-right liberals can make as much noise as they like on internet chat sites, they can shout about all the conspiracy theories they like on internet chat sites but ultimately they have an extremely simple decision to make if they work for the NHS, get vaccinated or find another career.

A knock-on effect will be that once this legislation is introduced in the NHS it will no doubt trickle down throughout the public sector and into the private sector as more employers insist their staff get vaccinated.

I'm not sure you're aware of what a conspiracy theory is. It's certainly not readily available facts! Good luck to us I say, we're going to be absolutely and royally fucked :cool:

Well known CT - Flat Earth.

SamBally

Reaction score
I'm not sure you're aware of what a conspiracy theory is. It's certainly not readily available facts! Good luck to us I say, we're going to be absolutely and royally fucked :cool:

Well known CT - Flat Earth.

How on earth would I know what a "conspiracy theory" is?

It would be like me saying "Omicron" is spreading so rapidly because the original vaccine has lowered the immune system of 60 million people in the UK alone and 5 billion globally and then five minutes later dismiss Omicron as a trivial "common cold". A few months after I argued for weeks that 50% of people who have been vaccinated will die of a heart attack in November. Last November.

Those sort of readily available facts?

Now being an expert on "conspiracy theories" perhaps you could kindly point of where I can find the facts you point out to support those theories (bullshit).

SamBally

Reaction score
100% it is NOT a "conspiracy theory" that every single scientist, every single doctor, the entire medical profession, every single politician and government on planet earth, is lying to us. How ALL of them are aware the vaccine is a hoax, is causing serious illness in plague numbers, and are ALL hiding it from us.

How the entire planet has been hoodwinked by big Pharma including all the above.

Clearly based on "readily available facts" and not a "conspiracy theory" at all.

God, I am so uterly stupid.

To give you the benefit of the doubt though, you probably won't be aware that all those claims have been made previously by chatters contributing right now.

Not sure I know what a Conspiracy theory is, you say...

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Hopefully there will be
How on earth would I know what a "conspiracy theory" is?

It would be like me saying "Omicron" is spreading so rapidly because the original vaccine has lowered the immune system of 60 million people in the UK alone and 5 billion globally and then five minutes later dismiss Omicron as a trivial "common cold". A few months after I argued for weeks that 50% of people who have been vaccinated will die of a heart attack in November. Last November.

Those sort of readily available facts?

Now being an expert on "conspiracy theories" perhaps you could kindly point of where I can find the facts you point out to support those theories (bullshit).

Well said!

Moronicron is spreading fast. The virus has infested the forum. These idiots with their common cold 'facts' would be hilarious if their
bleatings weren't so f*ucking deadly.

The sooner we have compulsory vaccines against stupidity the better!

SamBally

Reaction score
Hopefully there will be

Well said!

Moronicron is spreading fast. The virus has infested the forum. These idiots with their common cold 'facts' would be hilarious if their
bleatings weren't so f*ucking deadly.

The sooner we have compulsory vaccines against stupidity the better!

100% agree.

And of course, like me you will recall all the "facts" he and the other thing peppered the boards with over many months and I have only briefly touched on them.

Back