• no need

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • ruins the site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

A_Son_of_God

Forum Reasoner - Nemesis of the Trolls
Reaction score
And here I was thinking racism was that I preferred to watch swimming rather than track and field...

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
I don't hate him. Just think his posts are bs.
I didn't think you did, and now with that clarification, I most certainly didn't thinkted it. My grammer is improving..

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Never understood racism.
When I did my appreticeship the guy who mentored me was Pakistani.
My Doctor throughout my childhood was "coloured".

Hell even one of the guys in our skinhead gang was black.
It was only a small town, so representation was about right.

People don't get that originally SKA skinheads, in music, were based off the tunes of Jamaican rude boys culture.
Many Skinheads today don't remember that yet listen to that same music we did in the late 70's and 80's.

I have known a few real racists in my time, those who fear the loss of culture, those who fear the loss of thier sons and daughters to the amalgamation of colour.

I have always said, well you do you.
Culture changes, lineage changes.
The future changes into the present which changes into the past as time goes by.

All that matters is before anything, whoever, no matter what religion or "Race" (I prefer phenotype, we are all one race, Human) understands they are British first, everything else second.

Chip_TheViking

Vegvisir
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your response Moriarty.
You make a good point re SKA/music etc.
Tbh, I'm not sure how much is about fear (e.g. of loss of culture) though :/
No on fears you dude?

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your response Moriarty.
You make a good point re SKA/music etc.
Tbh, I'm not sure how much is about fear (e.g. of loss of culture) though :/

Change takes time.
The problem is when people jump on band wagons of rhetoric.
They want to bring in change to rapidly, people take a generation or two to adjust.

I always loved what Stephen Fry said about Gay marriage:

"We slowly and persistently knocked on the door of people in power, we didn't shout, we didnt scream"
Change takes time, as in all things progress overtakes the norm.
I'm 54 years old, got a mobilephone 2 years ago, it is still alien to me, have no app's, dont trust it.
It is the speed of change which scares people, not the change itelf.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
i understand and think racism is mostly because of actions . . . . . other races look at another race actions and we all gets judged . . . . . even though we not all the same
No 2 people are the same.
How can we possibly judge a whole ethnic, cultural or religious group based on something for which they accepted or were born into.

Only by thier actions I agree.

I have the same contempt for the the 7/7 bombings in the UK as I do for the IRA bombing of Manchester back in 1996, although at least the IRA warned the government in time to evacuate.

Guess the IRA didn't want kids bodies shown on TV because of thier USA supporters whereas the 7/7 bombers didn't care.

Both are reprehensible for thier actions, yet both have little to do with the Muslim or Irish people.

What I do have contempt for most of all though, is the lack of respect which this countries politicians place on history.

We have caused more casualities in Iraq, Afghanistan and every other proxy war we have entered into with the USA than has ever been done to us.

I find it shameful, that the Royal Navy, who fought for decades to end the African slave trade, whilst being at war with France.
A whole 3rd of our navy was sent to block slave ships.

That same Navy was launching cruise missiles into countries where we had no right to be and left in a much worse state than if we had never had been there.

I understand hatred for the "Great Satan" much easier than I do for the guy next door who looks different than me.

One should be judged, as you say, by ones actions.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Why do you keep bring race into it ...We are all human no matter what colour or race

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Wont it you people like keep bring it up
i find people as i find them dont bring race in to it

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
All that matters is what goes on between the ears and the heart that beats in the chest.

Anything else is a supposition that because someone is different their opinion matters less.

We are all singularly united in that singularity of the individual, we should never group people together due to any pre-concieved notion.
In the end all we have is how we percieve life and how we elucidate it is who we are, nothing else matters.

I can be whatever I want to be, I can take on any form, religion, moral stance, gender, sexuality, the list is endless.
I have the right to do that, however, it does not stop others from questioning.

That is how we learn, only by thinking out serious arguments to serious questions.

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Change takes time.
The problem is when people jump on band wagons of rhetoric.
They want to bring in change to rapidly, people take a generation or two to adjust.

I always loved what Stephen Fry said about Gay marriage:

"We slowly and persistently knocked on the door of people in power, we didn't shout, we didnt scream"
Change takes time, as in all things progress overtakes the norm.
I'm 54 years old, got a mobilephone 2 years ago, it is still alien to me, have no app's, dont trust it.
It is the speed of change which scares people, not the change itelf.
I have come to the conclusion, that change is rarely for the better.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
ANYONE these days can call 'Racism'.

People have gone mad.

All intentional.

Welcome to the NEW world.

Get used to it.

Hughie

Take these times easy.be safe.Help others.
Reaction score
I seen racism as a school boy unfortunately in my school.From teacher that ruled with fear.
I was thinking we are all just folk.Colour or creed.Arnt we.But then id made my own mind up anyway.This was in the late70s,See Ada Jones. black pupil beautifully dressed,well mannered,attended Chapel,paid attention,no doubt passed every exam.All the things this teacher wanted from us.the rest of the class,Ada she sat on her own,an empty desk next to her.If another pupil stepped out of line.He would tell them go sit next to Ada,at the empty desk,why is he doing that,i thought that's cruel.And to both children.!!.With a mind to stopping this.Lets say he went he went bright red with anger.As I laid out the bait.He bit like a shark.This was a scary guy but my fear of him left in a moment.
Get out here gave me six of the best on the hands with the belt.but then the welts went half way up my arms,and it wasn't his bad aiming.You get next to Ada,NOT A CHANCE.he was told,your way out if line.Out i went telling him this shouldn't be happening,And I was going home to tell my Dad what was going on.It never happened again.Ada felt welcome by her class mates too.I looked in that teachers eyes every chance I got out of class.The tide had turned.Where did he learn this who from.HIS teacher's ?.

liam222

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I think the word racist or racism is offensive in itself.

Most people are not honest and can be a bit manipulative, and accusation of racism can destroy another person, it's a powerful word and more often than not it's abused.

If I'm being honest I'd rather take racial abuse than be accused of racism

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
rayshilist innit

Back