Online hate speech has increased by 20% in the UK over the last 18 months.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
And do they know your family personally? If not, shake it off- it means nothing and if it's effecting you personally, block the people doing it. People say stupid things online- fact of life- but unless they're actually targeting and harassing you, tell them to 'P!ss off' and move on. Alternatively, learn some 'Mother Jokes'- "Your mother's so fat that when she fell down the stairs, the neighbours thought Eastenders had finished!" or target other women in their family (you know you can) "Your sister's version of a 'lie in' is Sunday morning servicing the local football team" See? Easy!
You have no problem with insulting forum members, what's the issue with tit-for-tat on family members?
I`m older than you and was brought up with respect for older people. Are you one of the "Thatcher" children ? if so then that might explain your thinking . I definitely had respect for my parents and hereby others parents. It would mortify me to type anything vile about other peoples relatives ,but thanks for the free advice .

Last edited:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You have no problem with insulting forum members, what's the issue with tit-for-tat on family members?
I only insult any members if they insult me first thank you. Try reading a chatroom and you might see the reality .

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I have no idea, I tend not to insult forum users.
The internet is a strange place to be, its an unknown how something so powerful can shape peoples lives.
It's like the wild west.
Theres a lot of good to be taken from it but also a lot of bad.
If people dont like it, they have a choice.. limit it or turn it off.

I wouldnt walk into a bears den if I didnt expect it to be rough.
Or perhaps the internet should be a Safe Space for everyone?
Perhaps those who dont like where they are should find somewhere safer to be .
Not everyone wants to live next to a volcano.
I think the Internet can be a far more dangerous place than you can imagine .

C

CrazyCatLady

I have to pick up on this first.
"No doubt designed to put me in a position of trying to answer a question that has no obvious answer- what? In a quest to intellectualise yourself or make it appear that my reasoning is not as well thought out as yours?"

Not at all there are no right are wrong answers, just looking at the debate.

"You'll be surprised about what most parents can't do now-a-days. Many children in primary school are not even potty trained, but parenting styles are a completely other subject."
Do you have an answer to why that is the case?
Perhaps that parenting has taken a background place to career, I dont know.

"parents do not teach that, because they have a false sense of security in the internet themselves or don't think their little angels could possibly be on a website where strange adults are targeting them and pretending to be fellow children. Nor do most parents have an idea of how their child can bullied, as most children will not talk about it for fear of the repercussions from the bullies."

That I can relate to being bullied, a choirboy (take from that what you will) and a weak child.

"And no- most parents are not savvy enough to know what an internet control is, because most don't have an awareness of the dangers on the internet for children."

So how do we change it?

Dont for one minute think it's just men playing on the internet looking for victims.

Yes it is predominantly men, but given the number of desperate for attention girls who are available online do you not prescribe some of the fault to the mothers?

You have already stated your point about the lax morals and education of lower class single parent mothers.
Would you care to expand that theory?

These are very complex social problems that we cant solve, but think about them without bias.

Parenting is another subject. Perhaps another post. I'm sure they'll be plenty of contrasting views around here, given the age ranges of forum users.

I'm sorry to hear you were bullied as a child, but not online, seeing as your age on your profile is 53 and you have stated that you are too old to have a UK Chat Show romance with Saphire (at only 53 apparently!). For the record, so was I. No surprise, as I was always the new kid. Two girls- who I thought were my friends- locked me in a house, stripped me and use a bottle of bleach on me. Left me shaking and shivering, with nothing but my underwear on and covered in a mixture of bleach and make-up that they had plastered on me, after rubbing the bleach into my face and hair. They had thrown my clothes into the garden (it was one of the girls houses we were at) and told me that I couldn't leave the house, because the alarms were on and if they went off, the girl's brother would hurt me.
I found out years later from the other girl involved that they planned to kill me that night. They were going to make me drink the bleach, but the girl's sister stopped them.
I'd gone there that night, because they'd been pretending to be my friends for the weeks leading up to it.
Those two b!ches made my life at school hell. I even tried to kill myself to escape them.
And my parents reaction? "You've gotta stick up for yourself, XXXXX!"

Sitting here in my mid-40's- one of them is dead through heroin abuse and the other one has a prison record and living off the system. Do I care? Do I f***!

S

Saphire

The last two posts are pretty horrific.
Moriarty and CatLady, thanks for being so honest, it can't be easy to tell of bullying incidents, even when they happened many years ago.
We are all still that kid at heart, and the hurts we suffered then can soon be brought back when we talk of the past.

I agree with Moriarty, being a parent nowadays is very different to being a parent a generation ago.
Bullying happened mainly at school then, now it's happening in the kid's own home, a place where they should feel safe, sadly that's one of the worst downsides of the Internet.

CatLady, should you feel any pity for the two psychos who treated you so badly back then?
I agree with your last line...should you f***.

S

Saphire

To CatLady, some girls can be really evil, especially if their parents don't have any control of what they are up to.
I think jealousy, probably one of the strongest destructive emotions, is at the bottom of many of their actions, though the actions of your two ''friends'', were extreme to say the least.

The worst incident I remember was when I was 17, went away to work for a summer season, lived in a flat with several other girls.
All were great, apart from a friend of one of the girls who managed to insert herself into our flat, sleeping, eating, but not contributing in any way other than to be a pain in the arse.
We clashed, I came home unexpectedly one day, to find her cleaning her dirty shoes with my face flannel....and she knew damn well it was mine too.

Cow.:eek:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Moriarty and CatLady, thanks for being so honest, it can't be easy to tell of bullying incidents, even when they happened many years ago.
We are all still that kid at heart, and the hurts we suffered then can soon be brought back when we talk of the past.
A prime example . How do you know that they are being honest ?. As you say ,they suffered horrifically if so but Catlady must bear real physical scars if she had bleach poured all over her and then made into a paste with makeup ?. Al that yet she claims to have had many sexual relationships (from other threads). That takes some believing really; far more than the actions which a few on here accuse me of.

Your example sounds a more realistic case of real life bullying to me.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Most of you who contribute in this Forum seem to have had a lot of experience in Forum Chatting . I don`t know if you know it but most of my "online " abusers do it in the Chatrooms ,not the Forums. I think you should try settling in a chatroom (perhaps 40/50`s) and in the Forums at the same time .It`s easy enough and you could se what happened in the chatrooms and comment on it in the Forums right away :) how about that ? get some experience.

C

CrazyCatLady

A prime example . How do you know that they are being honest ?. As you say ,they suffered horrifically if so but Catlady must bear real physical scars if she had bleach poured all over her and then made into a paste with makeup ?. Al that yet she claims to have had many sexual relationships (from other threads). That takes some believing really; far more than the actions which a few on here accuse me of.

How f***ing dare you, you vile nasty excuse for a human being. No wonder people around here don't like you and yet you still don't get the f***ing message. You claim you have friends? I doubt that very much- no one with an ounce of self-respect would associate with you.
And again with the LIES. I haven't once claimed 'many sexual relationships'.
You really are a grade A scum bag- now f**k off back under your stone.

C

CrazyCatLady

Most of you who contribute in this Forum seem to have had a lot of experience in Forum Chatting . I don`t know if you know it but most of my "online " abusers do it in the Chatrooms ,not the Forums. I think you should try settling in a chatroom (perhaps 40/50`s) and in the Forums at the same time .It`s easy enough and you could se what happened in the chatrooms and comment on it in the Forums right away :) how about that ? get some experience.
^^^^^ C***t.

You want to see a bully, Hells? You've just made an enemy and I'm going to f**king destroy you.

S

Saphire

When someone talks about the abuse they have suffered, the starting point is to believe them. Many people open up and are ridiculed or disbelieved (just as you have done here) and that can cause as much damage as the original abuse.
That's how many child abusers get away with it, why a good deal of domestic violence is allowed to continue.

We are not counsellors here, but speaking as a human being, I totally believe what both CatLady and Moriarty have said.
People who doubt others usually do it because they are liars themselves.
A bit like cheaters often think their partner is cheating, they are projecting their behaviour on others.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
When someone talks about the abuse they have suffered, the starting point is to believe them. Many people open up and are ridiculed or disbelieved (just as you have done here) and that can cause as much damage as the original abuse.
That's how many child abusers get away with it, why a good deal of domestic violence is allowed to continue.

We are not counsellors here, but speaking as a human being, I totally believe what both CatLady and Moriarty have said.
People who doubt others usually do it because they are liars themselves.
A bit like cheaters often think their partner is cheating, they are projecting their behaviour on others.
I do`nt lie fyi.
You truly believe that anyone can be covered in bleach then left naked in a locked up house for days after being plastered in makeup(?) didn`t tell their parents?.That story seems very fishy to me and plenty of story tellers live online to play out their own daydreams
I use common logic not tales from beyond !

S

Saphire

I do`nt lie fyi.
You truly believe that anyone can be covered in bleach then left naked in a locked up house for days after being plastered in makeup(?) didn`t tell their parents?.That story seems very fishy to me and plenty of story tellers live online to play out their own daydreams
I use common logic not tales from beyond !
I believe, and I actually know from experience, that some people will open up on a forum and say things that they have never shared in real life.
It takes courage to do that, and some oaf coming along (in this case you) saying they are lying, is just plain nasty.
If a story sounds 'fishy' to you, why bother to comment at all?

When you get the backlash, you will complain you are being bullied again.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Btw, I used to teach primary school children and one of the lessons in IT focused on how to block and report internet bullies and suspicious adults.
Yet another stretch of the imagination by you eh ? How did you manage to get accepted as a teacher ? You have no respect for others at all !
How many Primary school kids have you bestowed your warped brain on fk knows .
Try telling the truth for once .

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I believe, and I actually know from experience, that some people will open up on a forum and say things that they have never shared in real life.
It takes courage to do that, and some oaf coming along (in this case you) saying they are lying, is just plain nasty.
If a story sounds 'fishy' to you, why bother to comment at all?

When you get the backlash, you will complain you are being bullied again.
don`t be silly . It takes more than one on one to be a bully .If she brings a gang on to say what she has then i may complain of bullying .
I take it that you believe her story about the bleach torture session ??.Gawddd you must need to get some new specs:).
ohh btw i have complained about her threats and i think Admin had a word with her ? Ask her she`s your friend .

S

Saphire

don`t be silly . It takes more than one on one to be a bully .If she brings a gang on to say what she has then i may complain of bullying .
I take it that you believe her story about the bleach torture session ??.Gawddd you must need to get some new specs:).
No, all it takes is a whinging coward to act the big I am to be a bully.
Most bullies are cowards, when they get some back they whinge about being victimised.....do you recognise yourself yet?

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Parenting is another subject. Perhaps another post. I'm sure they'll be plenty of contrasting views around here, given the age ranges of forum users.

I'm sorry to hear you were bullied as a child, but not online, seeing as your age on your profile is 53 and you have stated that you are too old to have a UK Chat Show romance with Saphire (at only 53 apparently!). For the record, so was I. No surprise, as I was always the new kid. Two girls- who I thought were my friends- locked me in a house, stripped me and use a bottle of bleach on me. Left me shaking and shivering, with nothing but my underwear on and covered in a mixture of bleach and make-up that they had plastered on me, after rubbing the bleach into my face and hair. They had thrown my clothes into the garden (it was one of the girls houses we were at) and told me that I couldn't leave the house, because the alarms were on and if they went off, the girl's brother would hurt me.
I found out years later from the other girl involved that they planned to kill me that night. They were going to make me drink the bleach, but the girl's sister stopped them.
I'd gone there that night, because they'd been pretending to be my friends for the weeks leading up to it.
Those two b!ches made my life at school hell. I even tried to kill myself to escape them.
And my parents reaction? "You've gotta stick up for yourself, XXXXX!"

Sitting here in my mid-40's- one of them is dead through heroin abuse and the other one has a prison record and living off the system. Do I care? Do I f***!

I’m so sorry you went through that lovely lady.

Reaction score
Regardless of whether we believe someone is lying about something or not, outright accusing them of lying isn't the way to make friends, in fact if someone online, who is a complete stranger, did this then they could be considered a troll. Just out to make trouble. Manners and some degree of respect would halt any accusations of lying from a decent person. A chatter accusing another chatter of lying about events in their life could be seen as bullying, whether a chatter believes something or not, that is that chatter's opinion. To share that opinion knowing full well that it may upset the chatter confessing that they were bullied isn't the action of someone who cares about others. The accussing chatter shouldn't expect to be treated with respect if they're going to be disrespectful and hurtful towards others. Like for like.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
No, all it takes is a whinging coward to act the big I am to be a bully.
Most bullies are cowards, when they get some back they whinge about being victimised.....do you recognise yourself yet?
Now who`s acting as a bully ??

Back