OI BI!

B

Bad_Influence

Thalidomide goes back to the 1950's, good grief, medical science has come on in leaps and bounds since then!!

But in 70 years we've not learned how to make time go faster. I know it was an extreme example but it makes the point, long term effects can't be tested in a matter of months.

Yes of course, what on earth would the scientists who actually conduct these trials know compared to an online conspiracy theorist who believes everyone is out to get him.

Oh I see, because I don't believe the vaccine can have been proved safe you assume I am a conspiracy theorist? That's a rather huge leap but I suppose it's easier to stamp your feet and make sh** up, than prove me wrong. As you yourself said, "One major concern is allergic reactions which are currently being investigated and which may not be related to taking the vaccine and there can be short-term mild symptoms such as a minor fever, or/and fatigue, etc", tests are ongoing. Final testing on the first vaccine will not be completed until 2023.... does it sound 100% safe to you?

The vaccines were rushed to placate the masses..... it's as simple as that. I do understand why people want it to be the wonder drug the scientists say it is, I want nothing more than for it to prevent Covid from spreading, but I do not believe it has been proved safe.

B

Bad_Influence

Prior to Covid, vaccines took 10 to 15 years to create, and test. Yet this is done in 6 months??? Be realistic.

L

Lancashire

A few months ago he was preaching on a daily basis (quite rightly) "follow the science". Which oddly then manifested into "herd immunity" although he doesn't understand what herd immunity is and has now bizarrely manifested into "don't trust the vaccine". Which is it, it can't possibly be all three, can it?

People who refuse the vaccine and who then do not follow social distancing and hygiene rules should be isolated from the rest of society. Vaccine denial should be made a criminal offence if those in denial then go on and spread the virus. A minimum 10-year sentence.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
But in 70 years we've not learned how to make time go faster. I know it was an extreme example but it makes the point, long term effects can't be tested in a matter of months.

Oh I see, because I don't believe the vaccine can have been proved safe you assume I am a conspiracy theorist? That's a rather huge leap but I suppose it's easier to stamp your feet and make sh** up, than prove me wrong. As you yourself said, "One major concern is allergic reactions which are currently being investigated and which may not be related to taking the vaccine and there can be short-term mild symptoms such as a minor fever, or/and fatigue, etc", tests are ongoing. Final testing on the first vaccine will not be completed until 2023.... does it sound 100% safe to you?

The vaccines were rushed to placate the masses..... it's as simple as that. I do understand why people want it to be the wonder drug the scientists say it is, I want nothing more than for it to prevent Covid from spreading, but I do not believe it has been proved safe.
Ok ,that makes sense .We wait another 50 years until everyone has died of the Virus or other conditions before trying to stop it with a 95% tested drug?. How long was General Anaesthetic tested before it was used in general hospital operations ?.

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I don’t foresee any situation where I’d change my opinion.
Maybe in 30 years but I’ll not be around then anyway. :D:D

The vaccines have not, CAN NOT have been, tested for the long term effects. And for Lancashire to say serious issues show up around 6 weeks after having the vaccine is very questionable. Try telling those who took Thalidomide the effects showed up after 6 weeks.... I think they would tell you otherwise.

Thank you for responding :)

We have different views on this, but I understand and appreciate your reservations.

B

Bad_Influence

A few months ago he was preaching on a daily basis (quite rightly) "follow the science". Which oddly then manifested into "herd immunity" although he doesn't understand what herd immunity is and has now bizarrely manifested into "don't trust the vaccine". Which is it, it can't possibly be all three, can it?

People who refuse the vaccine and who then do not follow social distancing and hygiene rules should be isolated from the rest of society. Vaccine denial should be made a criminal offence if those in denial then go on and spread the virus. A minimum 10-year sentence.

Hush now, you don't know what you're on about obviously.
I do note however that you've changed your mind about wanting to kill people who don't get the vaccine, now you just want them jailed. :confused:

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

That’s an interesting view, with regards to criminalising vaccine deniers, but it would invariably lead to lawsuits. Also how do you account for those unable to take certain vaccines due to allergies or other issues that may make a vaccine unsafe for a particular person/group?

L

Lancashire

Post, where I stated people who refuse the vaccine, should be killed. That's the problem with you, you just tell lies to win your internet wars.

I clearly do know what I am on about because I don't change my views daily, unlike you, and because I do research before I open my big gob unlike you.

In your world of vaccine denial, you were suggesting "herd immunity" is now the only solution. You obviously don't have any inkling that for herd immunity to work with Covid then it would involve a national vaccine rollout.

B

Bad_Influence

We have today received a webinar zoom video of Professor Manon from Imperial College London with specific focus on patient safety. While the majority of the video is very positive, she does say that 20% of people who take the vaccine may have long term effects, which include lung related issues.

L

Lancashire

That’s an interesting view, with regards to criminalising vaccine deniers, but it would invariably lead to lawsuits. Also how do you account for those unable to take certain vaccines due to allergies or other issues that may make a vaccine unsafe for a particular person/group?

Only if they spread the virus. I am specifically talking about conspiracy theorists who refuse the vaccine on the grounds it's unsafe and who then go on and kill people courtesy of transmitting the virus.

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Only if they spread the virus. I am specifically talking about conspiracy theorists who refuse the vaccine on the grounds it's unsafe and who then go on and kill people courtesy of transmitting the virus.

Thank you for clarifying :).

B

Bad_Influence

Post, where I stated people who refuse the vaccine, should be killed. That's the problem with you, you just tell lies to win your internet wars.

I clearly do know what I am on about because I don't change my views daily, unlike you, and because I do research before I open my big gob unlike you.

In your world of vaccine denial, you were suggesting "herd immunity" is now the only solution. You obviously don't have any inkling that for herd immunity to work with Covid then it would involve a national vaccine rollout.

I would love to post it but due to your rant with BillyLiar yesterday the forum has been deleted... as well you know.

And I said herd-immunity should have been used from the start, shielding those most vulnerable and allowing the country to remain financially stable, but I understood that would be political suicide. I have also said since then, that once we went down the lockdown route, we have to see it through.

B

Bad_Influence

Of course it's so easy to prove who someone has contracted the virus from.... are you thinking before you type, or after?

L

Lancashire

Bullshit. I had no idea the thread had been deleted and nowhere on it did I state people who refuse the vaccine should be killed.

You keep repeating "herd immunity" but you do not comprehend that herd immunity INCLUDES the rollout of a vaccine.

L

Lancashire

Of course it's so easy to prove who someone has contracted the virus from.... are you thinking before you type, or after?

If you, as a vaccine denier, go on and spread Covid, then ALL the evidence is already online for the prosecution.

Do YOU get it?

B

Bad_Influence

Bullshit. I had no idea the thread had been deleted and nowhere on it did I state people who refuse the vaccine should be killed.

You keep repeating "herd immunity" but you do not comprehend that herd immunity INCLUDES the rollout of a vaccine.

Now now, calm down. Yes you did, but as I can't prove it I'll leave it there.

Herd immunity does not necessarily involve a vaccine. When I first said that approach should be used there was no vaccine on the horizon.

B

Bad_Influence

If you, as a vaccine denier, go on and spread Covid, then ALL the evidence is already online for the prosecution.

Do YOU get it?

You do realise having the vaccine does not prevent YOU from spreading the virus don't you?

L

Lancashire

Now now, calm down. Yes you did, but as I can't prove it I'll leave it there.

Herd immunity does not necessarily involve a vaccine. When I first said that approach should be used there was no vaccine on the horizon.

Herd immunity with Covid most definitely DOES involve the use of a vaccine and is the ONLY way it can be achieved and yet YOU are still arguing differently.

Clueless.

Back