Labour and PIP

• Thread starter Thread starter Confused_Fred
  • Start date Start date

Aurora-Dream

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Oh I have so miss judge you... I just thought you were trying to be "smart" and delay taking your pension so you can get more later :rolleyes:

But lets just look at some numbers shall we? Just encase I'm right :eek:

View attachment 15813

Your estimation​

Tax year 2024/2025

YearlyMonthlyWeekly
Gross salary£26,000£2,166.67£500
Income Tax£2,686£223.83£51.65
National Insurance£1,343£111.92£25.83
Take home pay£21,971£1,830.92£422.52

Now here is the funny part ;)
At 67 you get the state pension at £221.20 a week.
Well that's £11502.40p per year. Add £26.811 and £11502.40p together and you get £38313.4 :cool:
All that money is taxable.

Your estimation​

Tax year 2024/2025

YearlyMonthlyWeekly
Gross salary£38,000£3,166.67£730.77
Income Tax£5,086£423.83£97.81
National Insurance£2,543£211.92£48.90
Take home pay£30,371£2,530.92£584.06

Now if you look at both calculations, your see your only £100 per week better off by receiving another £200 per week. And you will have to pay full council tax too so your only really make about £60 per week :p

I bet you feel great about paying all that national insurant now :cool:

Well Kev's scabby old dog needs and new lead and someone needs to pay for it... he wont ;)
I live in Scotland not England.

Opted out of SERPS years ago btw.

"Well Kev's scabby old dog"..... nice confirmation of your intellectual level

TrueLegend

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
And if ppl stop working, wages will increase. Dunno if that’s necessarily a good thing as that leads to costs passed onto consumers, fuelling inflation.

C

Confused_Fred

His really is hard work :rolleyes:

Kev cant understand why too much public borrowing leads to austerity and cuts in public services :eek:
Aurora Dream cant understand the NHS pension scheme :eek:
And all of you cant understand the more you earn, the less you take home even on small amounts :eek:

The arrogance of people claiming state welfare payments is unbelievable :rolleyes:

Kev45

Devils advocate? Contrarian ego strokers.
Reaction score
And all of you cant understand the more you earn, the less you take home even on small amounts :eek:

Blimey, when I read this extremely complex statement this rainy morning, I thought to myself it could have been written by John Maynard Keynes himself.

But then I remembered it is DOA, pissed up and online at 4 am, chugging away to himself because everyone else in the UK has gone to bed.

Knows his stuff, does this one, I guess that's why he owns the largest imaginary e-plumbing business in the South East and employs 350 imaginary e-staff.

Kev cant understand why too much public borrowing leads to austerity and cuts in public services :eek:

I have absolutely no idea why or what he is babbling on about here (alcohol induced), and I strongly suspect, neither does he.

The arrogance of people claiming state welfare payments is unbelievable

I also suspect waddling around this site constantly describing other users as “benefit scroungers” will have a very short shelf life indeed. :)

C

Confused_Fred

But then I remembered it is DOA, pissed up and online at 4 am, chugging away to himself because everyone else in the UK has gone to bed.

I get up about then and leave at 5am. You know that job thingy I do :cool:

I have absolutely no idea why or what he is babbling on about here (alcohol induced), and I strongly suspect, neither does he.

Let me try and dump austerity down for you :rolleyes:

Remember this prick?

1720548617234.png

He was the labour MP until 2010. He lost an election and when the new government found out he's being taking out pay day loans and taking the odd hospital down to cash converters they to sort it out.

He left a sh** load of bills to pay and no money in the electric meter too o_O

Now you just know nasty men will turn up at your door and take away your 52 inch tv if you don't pay !!

So it was time for us all to eat Aldi bake beans until the bills were paid off.

And this prick wants to do it all again. Well Tony got away with it :cool:

1720549251165.png

Kev45

Reaction score
Let me try and dump austerity down for you

What are you dumping, and are you dumping it legally or fly tipping? o_O

Remember this prick?

Yes, I remember Tony Blair, just like everyone else over the age of 30 does.

He was the labour MP until 2010. He lost an election...

Blair resigned and left parliament in 2007 and NEVER lost an election, and Blair in fact WON three consecutive elections.

Left in 2007 and NEVER lost an election.

Now, I could educate you about the New Labour economic record IN power in direct comparison to the state of the economy now after 14 years of Tory ideological austerity.

I could also educate you about the global banking crisis in 2007/2008.

Unfortunately though, you can't even get BASIC facts correct, DOA, so it will just wash right over your melon sized noggin.

While you shout angrily at your computer screen and hysterically babble on about “educating” people about “austerity” and about a Blair economic legacy that is simply beyond your comprehension. :)

Last edited:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Simple question, do you people actually read what you write?

Because all I see are half formed opinions based on little more than "I am right"

What is the point of arguing when you actually know feck all about the subject your debating?

All it does is divide people more than is needed.

We should be trying to find a common ground, not arguing about petty bullshit.

C

Confused_Fred

I don't blame Gordon Brown for the mess, it was Tony Blair who spend the money long before 2007. We could all see in 2006 cut would have to be made. Public borrowing is was too high.

Global banking crisis in 2007/2008?? It was labour who gave the banks a blank cheque that the rest of us had to pay.

And if anyone thinks government borrowing at 125% of GDP is a good idea, I have a wheel barrow without a wheel you can buy for 100 million ;)

Public spending needs to be cut, not increased !!!

TrueLegend

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I don't blame Gordon Brown for the mess, it was Tony Blair who spend the money long before 2007. We could all see in 2006 cut would have to be made. Public borrowing is was too high.

Global banking crisis in 2007/2008?? It was labour who gave the banks a blank cheque that the rest of us had to pay.

And if anyone thinks government borrowing at 125% of GDP is a good idea, I have a wheel barrow without a wheel you can buy for 100 million ;)

Public spending needs to be cut, not increased !!!
How about the lack of GP appointments though?
What’s your view on diverting money from hospitals to GO practices? Is this likely to exacerbate hospital backlogs? And therefore increase borrowing or raise taxes?

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
His really is hard work :rolleyes:

Aurora Dream cant understand the NHS pension scheme :eek:

The arrogance of people claiming state welfare payments is unbelievable :rolleyes:
Why do always take people down you dont know there problems
And before you start on me i never claimed any bene
its in my life and as far as i know i wont be able to
unless you call my pensions . And i still pay tax on them as well
So get off your soapbox
PLus i do believe Labour will **** up this country but we needed a change of Goverment

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
What are you dumping, and are you dumping it legally or fly tipping? o_O

Yes, I remember Tony Blair, just like everyone else over the age of 30 does.

Blair resigned and left parliament in 2007 and NEVER lost an election, and Blair in fact WON three consecutive elections.

Left in 2007 and NEVER lost an election.

Now, I could educate you about the New Labour economic record IN power in direct comparison to the state of the economy now after 14 years of Tory ideological austerity.

I could also educate you about the global banking crisis in 2007/2008.

Unfortunately though, you can't even get BASIC facts correct, DOA, so it will just wash right over your melon sized noggin.

While you shout angrily at your computer screen and hysterically babble on about “educating” people about “austerity” and about a Blair economic legacy that is simply beyond your comprehension. :)

hand clap.gif

C

Confused_Fred

How about the lack of GP appointments though?
What’s your view on diverting money from hospitals to GO practices? Is this likely to exacerbate hospital backlogs? And therefore increase borrowing or raise taxes?

GP surgery's are open between 8am to 6pm weekdays only. Most of them will just call you too !! You wont see a doctor !!
They may as well be call centre's in India ......... is there any point in spending more money on them?

C

Confused_Fred

Why do always take people down you dont know there problems
And before you start on me i never claimed any bene
its in my life and as far as i know i wont be able to
unless you call my pensions . And i still pay tax on them as well
So get off your soapbox
PLus i do believe Labour will **** up this country but we needed a change of Goverment

Well some of us didn't get to retried at 60 like you... we just got to pay for it !!
And if you haven't been watching the endless press releases...... labour don't want to borrow money to spend on increasing benefits... they want them cut. Sorting out the NHS? Naaa

They want to spend the money on new "infrastructure" like hs2 :rolleyes:

Now tell me... how is new "infrastructure" going to make your life better?

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Do you ever read what others post or do you have your head in the sand

C

Confused_Fred

Do you ever read what others post or do you have your head in the sand

I just summarize what you posted .... your a twat, I'm a victim, I paid my taxes and never took anything from the state so **** off? And I just voted in a bunch of people who never an a job outside politics and they will sort the world out for me :rolleyes:

That about right?

I have a feeling the "tax" you're paying right is no where close to covering your current medical needs or the amount the government chip into your pension plan o_O

Kev45

Reaction score
Imagine not knowing how essential modern infrastructure improves the world around us.

Imagine not knowing how infrastructure stimulates an economy and creates and drives long term sustainable growth.

Imagine not knowing how infrastructure attracts foreign investment, big business and highly skilled workers.

Imagine not knowing infrastructure improves worker productivity.

Imagine not knowing how infrastructure creates many thousands (or millions) of new jobs.

Driving down poverty and reducing unemployment.

Rebuilding broken communities.

Imagine claiming to work in the building sector and not understanding that 1.5 million new houses in five years is going to lead to a boom in the sector.

You get the picture, right?

Imagine not knowing that 14 years of ideological austerity, not maintaining an infrastructure, stifled growth, and is directly responsible for where we are now.

th-3598667440.jpg

C

Confused_Fred

You mean like this one?

Or this one?

Would you like to see some more kev :rolleyes:

Kev45

Reaction score
Imagine not knowing the internet you are using is infrastructure, the pipes that supply your water is infrastructure, the cables that supply your electricity is infrastructure, the roads that you drive on, almost everything around you is infrastructure.

Imagine not knowing that modernizing and improving infrastructure will improve the efficiency of an economy increasing productivity, possibly benefiting every single man woman and child in the country in the long term.

Imagine arguing new infrastructure won't benefit your life in any way whatsoever.

Because crumbling utilities and potholes, leaking hospital roofs and no high speed internet connection, or bus services in rural areas serves no one at all.

You would have to be pretty damn stupid to argue infrastructure improves lives, wouldn't you?

C

Confused_Fred

Name one government infrastructure project that was on time and on budget :rolleyes:
Our water infrastructure is on its knees and failing due to privatization.
Our internet was paid for with increased bills, nothing to do with the government.
And our new 5g network? Well the government. auction them off to the highest bidder.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Do give it a rest your like a robot all you do is troll in stead of telling me to **** off try block

Back