If everybody tells you something is true, do you just believe it or prove it to yourself

Paul1003

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
How can you say something is true if you can't prove it yourself. hearsay is not proof. don't believe it until you can prove it. if you think I'm wrong, I'm happy to debate. I have "no" education so feel free to educate me but quoting "other" people is not proof. tell me why those "other" people are right. Yeah use your own f^*king brain and not someone else's. Anyone can memorise a book. Discuss the book to which you refer. Don't just quote from it like a moron.

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I saw the title and my interest was piqued, and I thought, 'this is a bit different from what's usually in the forums'. Read the first couple of lines and was mentally preparing my answer...then I read the rest and thought 'Nah, why bother!'. The rest is just a bit of an angry rant and I quickly lost interest in what you were asking in the previous sentence.

Paul- may I call you, Paul? Well, too late now! You have fallen into the trap of being bothered by what irrelevant, no-bodies think- individuals with no hobbies, an unhealthy obsession with writing cr@p on a public forum and who's offline personality is (quite possibly) completely different from the online arsewipe they are in type.
Who gives a flying duck whether you have "no" education? Most under the age of 35 have been screwed over by the education system in one way or another, so no one can judge you on that! And really- who gives a crying fluck whether you're a psychopath? No one's doing a survey on personality disorders on the internet (well, maybe they are somewhere...) and I bet my human-skin lampshade that you're not the only one here!

Now, from seeing your previous work, I'm assuming your bouncy psychopathic @rse is having trouble assimilating to the pantomime. As a seasoned ranter, don't take it to heart- there is entertainment to be had with the antagonists ;)

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Truth can and will always be what one thinks it is.

There is a universal truth, that is called reality.
But how we percieve it is subjective.

You could get enough people together and look at a given situation through thier own eyes, but all you could do was average it.

Reality is simply that, how we percieve it is life.

Paul1003

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Dear Raining_Roses.
You are absolutely correct. I often get angry about a certain thing or event and the it permeates through the following human interactions I have until something breaks the cycle. It's normally a bought of depression as the cycle returns to unrelenting guilt for what you have done. For every high, there are more lows.
You are right in what you say. It's hard to know where the solid ground lay when you're spinning and tumbling. Please feel free to keep reminding me.
Be well

Paul1003

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I am getting help. "this" is part of the therapy. Forcing myself to have human interactions so I don't sink too deep into my own mind. It's a daily challenge
Be well all

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
How can you say something is true if you can't prove it yourself. hearsay is not proof. don't believe it until you can prove it. if you think I'm wrong, I'm happy to debate. I have "no" education so feel free to educate me but quoting "other" people is not proof. tell me why those "other" people are right. Yeah use your own f^*king brain and not someone else's. Anyone can memorise a book. Discuss the book to which you refer. Don't just quote from it like a moron.
Sadly, some thread titles are often far more interesting than the actual responses to the title itself.
Why don't you attend night school to learn about using logic, deduction and, primarily, basic common sense?
In future, I'd appreciate it if you thought through your subject matter before bumbling into what can only be described as gobbledegook.

Thank you for your attention.

:confused:

Paul1003

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Oh dear, back to insults. Nothing to say but cant stop talking. Found anymore "good quotes" lately

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
Why don't you attend night school to learn about using logic, deduction and, primarily, basic common sense?

I bet that you don't even understand just how RIDICULOUSLY funny it is to an independent observer reading this statement.

Night school... wtf... Do you exist in a parallel universe in the Bronx in 70s New York City?

:D

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Dear Raining_Roses.
You are absolutely correct. I often get angry about a certain thing or event and the it permeates through the following human interactions I have until something breaks the cycle. It's normally a bought of depression as the cycle returns to unrelenting guilt for what you have done. For every high, there are more lows.
You are right in what you say. It's hard to know where the solid ground lay when you're spinning and tumbling. Please feel free to keep reminding me.
Be well

Then you're not a psychopath. Living with psychosis does not make you a psychopath. One of the features of psychopathy is the inability to feel guilt to the level of 'unrelenting' and to a level that causes depression- hence, why many every-day psychopaths get positions of authority. Most psychopaths learn to mimic appropriate emotion- they are very good actors. They realise early on that they don't always react in the same way as others to certain events, such as death or heartbreak, and then learn to mirror what they should do. Guilt is another emotion many learn to mimic, but it will only be done when there is a benefit to it and they will ultimately get what they want anyway.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Then you're not a psychopath. Living with psychosis does not make you a psychopath. One of the features of psychopathy is the inability to feel guilt to the level of 'unrelenting' and to a level that causes depression- hence, why many every-day psychopaths get positions of authority. Most psychopaths learn to mimic appropriate emotion- they are very good actors. They realise early on that they don't always react in the same way as others to certain events, such as death or heartbreak, and then learn to mirror what they should do. Guilt is another emotion many learn to mimic, but it will only be done when there is a benefit to it and they will ultimately get what they want anyway.

Psychosis is a catch all definition for people who think or react differently to the "Norm".
PTSD, infant or adult trauma, low level autism have been shown to exacerbate the condition but we don't know if is genetic or societal.

All those mental states are by definition Psychosis, which is very different, as Roses says, than becoming a criminal psychopath.
Many Psychopaths, like alcoholics have seemingly normal lives until one drills down into the need/want dilemma they face.

Many psychopaths exibit real loss and sorrow emotions when circumstances change.
This is usually not due to the loss of the people they used, but the loss of power either toward the outside world or within that they feel.
Many psychopaths will kill those they say they hold most dear, or are loyal to, to gain "Freedom" as they deem to be held back by them.

That can be serial killers who were abused killing their parents, to drug soldiers rising the ranks by killing those above them.
The simple "They were in my way" argument kind of answers it, but it doesnt.

Psychopathy in cult movements is a particular field which shows that psychopaths are very good at manipulating people, like politicians and CEO's, they do it legally.

About 3% of the worlds population is psychotic to the level of actual psychopathic behaviour, but they tend to congregate to where they can profit.

To be fair, online is a hive for those who are on the spectrum of psychotic, I know, I am one, but it is also a place when it can be both accepted and overcome.

diana4

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Love this post. Okay so how about we start with not even proving it to be slightly,,,maybe not life changing, but causing us to wonder about it. At this time in life I'm open to new ideas that I don't necessarily need total proof, and I just wonder, is this possible?? It's great. I'm sort of educated but it's usually only a temporary memorization thing and then I don't really apply the knowledge. How do we even define knowledge? It's so vast and experienced in our own unique way. Sometimes proof is just in the way we feel about something related to our experiences.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
I think you're mixing up psychopaths with sociopaths.
In my experience, sociopaths are the ones who knowingly manipulate people and situations in order to gain advancement.
Whereas, psychopaths are predominantly unaware of their impact on other people and therefore haven't anything to gauge their actions by.
It's more likely that sociopaths exploit positions of power, for example, in the world of politics and highly-qualified professional work.
Psychopaths, by their very nature, are emotionally-lacking, emotionally immature and may not give consideration of their actions in the long-term.

Whatever the case, both psychopaths and sociopaths have similar aims but go about it in different ways.
I don't think Paul1003 is either of the two, regardless of his desire to identify as one.

:rolleyes:

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Who knew we had Freud, Jung and Adler using UKChat?

excellent example for a trifecta of dissociative identity disorder!

*SMFH*

beagle side eye.jpg

Last edited:

A_Son_of_God

Forum Reasoner - Nemesis of the Trolls
Reaction score
How can you say something is true if you can't prove it yourself.
Easy.
hearsay is not proof.
True.
don't believe it until you can prove it.
What terrible advice!
if you think I'm wrong, I'm happy to debate.
Ok.
I have "no" education so feel free to educate me
Thanks. Likewise, you too.
but quoting "other" people is not proof.
It can be.
tell me why those "other" people are right.
That will depend on what they said.
Yeah use your own f^*king brain and not someone else's.
How does a person use someone else's brain like this?
Anyone can memorise a book.
Er, nope. It's very hard to memorise books.
Discuss the book to which you refer. Don't just quote from it like a moron.
Yes.

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
Do you really believe there is no night school?
May I suggest taking a night off each week from your bars and cocktail parties, and go and actually learn something? You might even find something you can debate with.

Here's a list of courses you could try.

Yes, I don't believe that there are any ADULT "night schools" in the UK, it's an American term, in the UK we tend to describe them as "further education", or courses, etc, at "college".

Of course, it could be different in Australia, where further education is frowned upon by Jehovah Witnesses such as yourself and particularly if it involves women. :)

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I think you're mixing up psychopaths with sociopaths.
In my experience, sociopaths are the ones who knowingly manipulate people and situations in order to gain advancement.
Whereas, psychopaths are predominantly unaware of their impact on other people and therefore haven't anything to gauge their actions by.
It's more likely that sociopaths exploit positions of power, for example, in the world of politics and highly-qualified professional work.
Psychopaths, by their very nature, are emotionally-lacking, emotionally immature and may not give consideration of their actions in the long-term.

Whatever the case, both psychopaths and sociopaths have similar aims but go about it in different ways.
I don't think Paul1003 is either of the two, regardless of his desire to identify as one.

:rolleyes:

In my experience the major difference between the Psychopath and the Sociopath is long term planning.
Psychopaths tend to plan more in the long term, they are usually meticulous in how they realise their goals.
Sociopaths tend to be much more impulsive, even random when combined with drugs or alcohol.
Theres a reason it is called Sociopath, they strive in social situations.

Both tend to be highly intelligent, not necessarily on an IQ test, but with cunning or quick wit.
Sociopaths have high emotional intelligence, a quick wit and an ability to be the center of attention if thats what they wish, which usually it is, as that is their tool for manipulation.
Emotional Intelligence is simply a tool they use to control a situation, if they lose that control they are more prone to violence.
Which is why sociopaths turn to violence at a higher rate than psychopaths.

Psychopaths tend to be muted with emotional intelligence as they don't generally sense guilt, unless it is part of a victim mentality they use to create the fantasy reasoning for their actions.
Yet they are cabable of using the emotional intelligence of others for their own ends.
Psychopaths tend to become violent if thats what their percieved goal is, or they lose control of a situation because it did not go "According to plan"

Thats just my opinion though, many others don't agree, tis why identifying never mind treating people who suffer from this form of mental problem is so divisive.

Seems like every shrink and their dog has a different opinion.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Behold the armchair analyst, the pseudo kind,
With pop psychology, it plays at the 'mind'.
Armed with buzzwords and self-help lore,
He'll diagnose all, from forum ceiling to floor.

In his arsenal, the DSM he wields,
As if WebMD were the ultimate fields.
A Dr Google search away from expertise,
He crunches conditions with such hilarious ease.

A furrowed font and a tying error air,
An analyse of mental health, with little to spare.
His credentials? Oh, just life's grand school,
No formal training, so he plays like a fool.

Spouting advice like a fountain's spray,
From TED Talks, he's learned the e way.
Jung, Freud, and Pavlov in one grand mix,
A cocktail of faux knowledge, stirred for kicks.

Psychoanalysis over a cup of green tea,
The forum therapy sessions are a sight to see.
Having mastered jargon, therapeutic speak,
His insights are always completely weak.

He's read an article or two on mental strife,
Now, they're your "shrink" across chat life.
With a raised e eyebrow and a knowing e nod,
It's the self-proclaimed therapist of the chatters squad.

I raise an e toast to this armchair sage,
Who pseudo-psychoanalyses across the e page.
And, as always with fakery he pontificates,
Pretending to be a psychologist, oh, the irony this creates!

with thanks to @Kev45, for the 'e'.

Last edited:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Thats really good. :)

Pavlov, he was an asshole.

Raining_Roses

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score

Love this! You two are fecking hilarious! I am in awe at both of your creativity on these boards. You're like the quiet kid at the back of the class that mostly sits and giggles at his/her louder mate, but when you open your mouth, you blow everyone away.

*Edit: I found a grammatical mistake after posting the first time! Shock, horror!

Back