Free Speech!

Resolute

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Free speech comes with responsibly. However it has gone too far the other way now.
People get offended over the smallest things, or even worse, they get offended on somebody else’s behalf. They jump on their high horse over something said or written because, it MIGHT offend one group of people or another.
Offence cannot be given, only taken, and while there are countless thoughtless people in this world there seems to be a growing number who think that because they have a computer, they have the right to tell other folk that they SHOULD be offended, they should feel down-trodden, or they should fight.
There is a lot to fear in this world, but a society built on WOKE culture, on a Snowflake population, is definitely up there with the most dangerous.

The anti-political correctness brigade was more a 90s/noughties thing. Having shed some more brain cells, it has morphed into the anti-'woke'/'snowflake' brigade.

Again, what I love about this is that they won't take offence.

As they love free speech - dontcha, dunce? :D

B

Bad_Influence

The anti-political correctness brigade was more a 90s/noughties thing. Having shed some more brain cells, it has morphed into the anti-'woke'/'snowflake' brigade.

Again, what I love about this is that they won't take offence.

As they love free speech - dontcha, dunce? :D

Enjoy being laughed at fella. While the rest of us don’t kowtow to the media or every sob story on social media, you carry on pretending you are the voice of reason.
I bet you’re a fully signed up member of Momentum.

It’s easy to call people a dunce from behind your keyboard isn’t it? Did they teach you that trick on your sociology course at university?

L

Lancashire

Laurence Fox failed 'actor' and an even worse 'musician' is apparently the flag bearer for the free speech brigade (self-appointed) yet appears to be so emotionally fragile (mid-life crisis) that he is instantly triggered by anyone challenging his primitive views. No matter how polite that challenge Mr Fox always finds a way to angrily get on his soapbox. Another privileged, middle-aged, middle-class brat, who deludedly assumes he is a VIP because ignorant people blow smoke up his arse on Twitter. The best education money can buy and yet can barely string a logical sentence together and his go-to reaction usually includes accusations of political correctness etc. It includes that accusation because, like most of that type, they are otherwise incapable of arguing their case.

Resolute

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Enjoy being laughed at fella. While the rest of us don’t kowtow to the media or every sob story on social media, you carry on pretending you are the voice of reason.
I bet you’re a fully signed up member of Momentum.

It’s easy to call people a dunce from behind your keyboard isn’t it? Did they teach you that trick on your sociology course at university?
Oh, what do we have here? Dunce seems to be offended?

:D;):D;):D

One might even say that was a bit of a snowflakey reaction? How woke of you!

See how eeeaaasssyyy it is to show these brain-dead idiots for what they are? A bunch of hypocritical dimwits who are lost without the radar on their Dunce hats.

Cry me a river, 'Snowflake' :)

B

Bad_Influence

Still kidding yourself you’re the voice of reason I see.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Whilst not necessarily agreeing with all the things Laurence Fox has been saying, it is nice to see a celebrity luvvie just for once, going against the grain by voicing opinions that are not designed to further their career. Celebs by and large go for good P.R. . . hate the Tories, hate Trump, love immigration, love the E.U etc.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
btw I must apologise . . I'm reminded of the article written by the actor Tom Conti, claiming that calling someone a 'luvvie' is as bad as using the 'n' word. That's the mentality we're dealing with here. :rolleyes:

nafi

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Whilst not necessarily agreeing with all the things Laurence Fox has been saying, it is nice to see a celebrity luvvie just for once, going against the grain by voicing opinions that are not designed to further their career. Celebs by and large go for good P.R. . . hate the Tories, hate Trump, love immigration, love the E.U etc
how reacting you for zayn malik and gigi hadid

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
btw I must apologise . . I'm reminded of the article written by the actor Tom Conti, claiming that calling someone a 'luvvie' is as bad as using the 'n' word. That's the mentality we're dealing with here. :rolleyes:
And then there's 'POSTER.'
To describe someone with too much free time and too little sense.

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Sorry, but being a bit thick, what is the N word? Please :)

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Free speech comes with responsibly. However it has gone too far the other way now.
People get offended over the smallest things, or even worse, they get offended on somebody else’s behalf. They jump on their high horse over something said or written because, it MIGHT offend one group of people or another.
Offence cannot be given, only taken, and while there are countless thoughtless people in this world there seems to be a growing number who think that because they have a computer, they have the right to tell other folk that they SHOULD be offended, they should feel down-trodden, or they should fight.
There is a lot to fear in this world, but a society built on WOKE culture, on a Snowflake population, is definitely up there with the most dangerous.
Whilst I do tend to agree with you in the main, I believe that offence can be given if it was intended to offend? Or have I misunderstood?

B

Bad_Influence

Whilst I do tend to agree with you in the main, I believe that offence can be given if it was intended to offend? Or have I misunderstood?

Fair point. But any remark can be taken as offensive if it suits. Only one person knows if it was intended to offend, the person who spoke or typed it.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Fair point. But any remark can be taken as offensive if it suits. Only one person knows if it was intended to offend, the person who spoke or typed it.
" any remark can be taken as offensive if it suits". Would you mind explaining that please? Give an example will help i think ?

Back