Do you believe in marriage for life?

Do you believe in marriage for life?

• I'd rather have a marriage that lasted 35+ years.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • I'd rather have 5 marriages lasting 7 years each.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
  1. I'd rather have a marriage that lasted 35+ years.
  2. I'd rather have 5 marriages lasting 7 years each.
It's a relationship with another person you're talking about, not a job.
How can you quantify how long you want to stay in a relationship with another person ?
Steady on! I was simply asking if you HAD to choose, which would you prefer . . . . . .
Also, it was an attempt to take over the little Forum box on the homepage, from now on known as 'doing a Poco' ;)

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
lmao @ "Doing a Poco"

tenor (70).gif

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
I've said it before I'll say it again some people should really use condoms otherwise you'll get idiots like this roaming the streets lol

MillieW

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
A marriage certificate certainly won't change a relationship .

If it's solid, it's solid, regardless of said certificate.
It depends on the 2 people in the relationship - not on a piece of paper. - TOTALLY AGREE
When I read about people saying the cohabiting relationship lasted longer than the marriage/marriages, I facepalm..
I'm more concerned with someone controlling when you can walk away. That was my point. You'll stay if you want to. There should be no-one stopping you leave. There is too much domestic violence. Financial independence is important.

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
I didn't reply to you earlier, but I personally think that you're either a bit loopy in the head, given the fact your brain doesn't seem to connect to your fingertips if you're real or a prize idiot and troll, if you're fake..

Why you may ask?

Because it's one thing making fun of people who are here, entirely different when you start referring to one's parents.

Do me a favour and please stfu you ramble all day long and make no sense :)

B

Bad_Influence

Do me a favour and please stfu you ramble all day long and make no sense :)

He/she is just your common and garden troll, nothing special. Claims not to be judgemental but judges everyone. It only comments to annoy folk.

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
Please do put me on ignore id be delighted

B

Bad_Influence

Hardly insulting - I just outed it as male, whereas it pretends to be female.

I told you the other day, I dont interact with deceitful trolls.

Are you looking to be put on ignore too, besides your trolly mate?

No you assumed. As fecking always. You’re worse than Mike ffs.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Marriage is simply a contract 2 people sign to make sure their kids have a stable upbringing..

Now that's a divisive argument, but is it true?
Going back through history, some kind of joining ceremony for life has existed for thousands of years and been the bedrock of stable civilisations.
So what does that mean today?

It's an interesting, but complex debate.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
In ancient times, couples were happy to just live together for fear of the feudal lord claiming his 'rights' over the virgin bride. These days people 'live over the brush' mainly to avoid the costs of a wedding.

A while back, the other half, for some reason or other, had our marriage certificate out. I said "can I have a look at it? I haven't seen it since it happened". That was surely a Freudian slip "since it happened" :rolleyes:From then on, our loving relationship was known as "the happening" :)

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Lady, sorry to say, the cost of actually getting married is minute compared to the cost of the dreamed about wedding most you ladies want.

Is that sexist.. perhaps, but debatable :)

Lucylockett

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I wish you could just get married online, would save all the fuss and definitely less money . I’d be happy to get married in my slippers and onesie but he MUST put on his uniform:D

Back