do you believe in God

do you believe in God

• Total voters

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
I believe in God the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth .....:cool::)

xxwhite_dovexx

Reaction score
aawww didn't know ya cared WP ...btw looking quite gruesome today

T

Tandy

how old is the human race compared to man made religions
Göbekli Tepe is thought to be 12,000 years old, it's one of the oldest known sites requiring societal builders, some of the stone pillars are 6m tall weighing about 10 tons each. I doubt humans started grouping together making large monuments 12,000 years ago, there must have been a learning curve before that of 1000’s of years.

The Bible/s however are thought to originate about 3200 years ago.

My take on religion is that of a control structure, a mechanism for persuasion. Now we have TV programming to tell us how to behave or what to believe religion is falling away somewhat. The introduction of social networking has increased the control of large power, they now influence sheep with much swifter granular targeting.

On the other hand I cannot explain or truly comprehend infinity, a singularity or the duality of our reality. Death will either give an answer or it wont.
:)

I would just like to sing a song at this point "closure closure closure closure closure"

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Let's all go ...BACK in TIME..!

Did everything come from Nothing or...Did something always exist..?

That's an interesting question...!

As we are told...The Universe consists of Matter...Space...and Time....

OK...

Let's talk about Matter Time and Space.

First..

T

Tandy

OK...

First..

Matter requires space and time to exist, if you remove one of these three elements the others cannot exist, least that’s my understanding. As to the question has matter always existed that’s a tough one because we don’t understand what matter actually is, the closer we look the weirder it becomes, protons, electrons, neutrons, then quarks, neutinos, muons and down and down it goes.

Since early childhood I always wondered what is outside the universe, if you get to the edge what is the other side. In my mind there always has to be more, so as with the edge of the universe the Big Bang (if its actually a thing) had to be within something, and that something also needs to be contained within something else. Infinity within a finite concept, my feeling with my now aged mind is that like the tree of life geometry our existance is fractal and as such can fit infinity both internally and external simulatainusly.

I need a smoke to go into more depth but God let me down and im dry lol

xxwhite_dovexx

Reaction score
I would ask you to explain why but that might require a great deal of logical thinking on your part. :)
well ya have me there...i didnt score so high in Logic 101 in college but it was interesting

xxwhite_dovexx

Reaction score
Matter requires space and time to exist, if you remove one of these three elements the others cannot exist, least that’s my understanding. As to the question has matter always existed that’s a tough one because we don’t understand what matter actually is, the closer we look the weirder it becomes, protons, electrons, neutrons, then quarks, neutinos, muons and down and down it goes.

Since early childhood I always wondered what is outside the universe, if you get to the edge what is the other side. In my mind there always has to be more, so as with the edge of the universe the Big Bang (if its actually a thing) had to be within something, and that something also needs to be contained within something else. Infinity within a finite concept, my feeling with my now aged mind is that like the tree of life geometry our existance is fractal and as such can fit infinity both internally and external simulatainusly.

I need a smoke to go into more depth but God let me down and im dry lol
Its not that complicated , really

xxwhite_dovexx

Reaction score

OK...

First..
the question was about God not the universe

T

Tandy

God is the universe, his word, his thought so on and so forth (if you belive in that sort of thing), wasnt his son made from matter? oh and it is complacted ask any philosopher haha

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score

As Tandy is making a valiant effort of at least giving you something to consider, then it would be reasonable to debate the points he has made.
It is beyond anyone's thinking to put a perspective on what universe, or universes, or even infinity, we exist in.
I'd sooner see more discussion on that aspect of philosophy than the mere acceptance of a God.
Not least, because we then HAVE to go on asking: WHAT created the Creator etc. etc?

B

Bad_Influence

As Tandy is making a valiant effort of at least giving you something to consider, then it would be reasonable to debate the points he has made.
It is beyond anyone's thinking to put a perspective on what universe, or universes, or even infinity, we exist in.
I'd sooner see more discussion on that aspect of philosophy than the mere acceptance of a God.
Not least, because we then HAVE to go on asking: WHAT created the Creator etc. etc?

When you are not slating someone, in this case Tandy. do you even try to make sense? A little effort would be nice you silly little boy.

Back