Childhood memories

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Another time, my sister and i were trying to be acrobats and it was pancake day...i had my arms thru my legs and she had hold of my hands and tried to pull me thru as if to flip me over and for me to stand on my feet...hmmm well, she pulled my hands and i went flat on my face and and smashed my face into the lino, blood everywhere, mum was tossing a pancake, looked at me and fainted! Another fine mess! :(
just a typical day in the VACT household huh? :)

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
and I bet you could never face a Bakewell Tart in the face from that day forward huh?
You're wrong, love'em!, but i dont like marzipan that's on Christmas or Wedding cake :)

D

Dardii

Mum used to cook a meal called the 'favourite'.. Yukk. Everyone loved it except me. Macaroni, cheese, mince, tomatoes, condensed milk and onion.. Even the thought of it now makes my stomach heave. I used to feed it to the dog under the table.
I hated beef olives as a kid too, and anything with onions in it. Mum said I was a nightmare.. Oh almost forgot.. Cubed bits of pork.. Puke!

When I was 5 I choked on a bit of bacon fat, I was so afraid at the time, not breathing.. Mum thumped my back so hard that I was propelled forward with such force that my feet left the floor... Bacon flew out, and I was saved.

Still to this day I cut the fat off the bacon, or I burn it so badly that it looks like it's been chernobylized.

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Mum used to cook a meal called the 'favourite'.. Yukk. Everyone loved it except me. Macaroni, cheese, mince, tomatoes, condensed milk and onion.. Even the thought of it now makes my stomach heave. I used to feed it to the dog under the table.
I hated beef olives as a kid too, and anything with onions in it. Mum said I was a nightmare.. Oh almost forgot.. Cubed bits of pork.. Puke!

When I was 5 I choked on a bit of bacon fat, I was so afraid at the time, not breathing.. Mum thumped my back so hard that I was propelled forward with such force that my feet left the floor... Bacon flew out, and I was saved.

Still to this day I cut the fat off the bacon, or I burn it so badly that it looks like it's been chernobylized.
I don't know whether I should report your mum to the RSPCC or you to the RSPCA for dog cruelty!

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Olives are yummy <3

Had to be said.

D

Dardii

Olives are yummy <3

Had to be said.

Kinda like Marmite, you love them or hate them. Marmite and olives = Hate.. Ohhh yukk could you imagine those together?? Boggin..!

When I was a kid, olives were toys in my eyes, food that was used for pinging purposes only.
My Sister appears... Patwang.. Olive off her nose.. 10 points. My Brother.. Patwang.. Another fine hit and 10 points again scored for an olive between the eyeballs..

Gotta love being 2nd born :p

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Kinda like Marmite, you love them or hate them. Marmite and olives = Hate.. Ohhh yukk could you imagine those together?? Boggin..!

When I was a kid, olives were toys in my eyes, food that was used for pinging purposes only.
My Sister appears... Patwang.. Olive off her nose.. 10 points. My Brother.. Patwang.. Another fine hit and 10 points again scored for an olive between the eyeballs..

Gotta love being 2nd born :p

OMG Marmite is my food hell ,

It's like solidified 16 year old school gravy jarred for your delight.

I like thinly sliced boiled Egg with Marmalade on Toast ,

"Salt n Pepper to taste" ;)

D

Dardii

OMG Marmite is my food hell ,

It's like solidified 16 year old school gravy jarred for your delight.

I like thinly sliced boiled Egg with Marmalade on Toast ,

"Salt n Pepper to taste" ;)

Egg.. Marmalade.. On toast?
Never in all my days (trust me, once upon a time I had huge munchies almost every day) did I ever think to have an egg, marmalade toast thing.
I love eggs, as a kid rolling them down hills, marmalade - always a favourite, and well toast is toast. Salt & pepper is a must on most dishes these days.. But combined. Even for me that would be a push.
How on earth did you end up with that concoction??

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Egg.. Marmalade.. On toast?
Never in all my days (trust me, once upon a time I had huge munchies almost every day) did I ever think to have an egg, marmalade toast thing.
I love eggs, as a kid rolling them down hills, marmalade - always a favourite, and well toast is toast. Salt & pepper is a must on most dishes these days.. But combined. Even for me that would be a push.
How on earth did you end up with that concoction??

My Mama showed me the way forward ,

Portuguese Al a Carte ?

It's really just Marmalade on toast it's just we Add Egg to everything :D

I do hope you will try it someday and you find it as enjoyable as i do,

I believe this to be the Breakfast of champions now ,

You are free to disagree AFTER you sampled the flavour.

D

Dardii

My Mama showed me the way forward ,

Portuguese Al a Carte ?

It's really just Marmalade on toast it's just we Add Egg to everything :D

I do hope you will try it someday and you find it as enjoyable as i do,

I believe this to be the Breakfast of champions now ,

You are free to disagree AFTER you sampled the flavour.

You're quite right, and I will try it. Tomorrow in fact, and I'll let you know.

Just to be clear.. Toast, then marmalade then thin sliced egg, then season?

We eat a huge amount of Chinese food in our house, my Son is half Chinese, he often says "eat first, ask questions later".

And while we're on the topic of food and childhood, one of my favourite things as a kid was when Dad came home after being at sea for 3 months he would take us out to the Chinese Restaurant, and after that, we would go home and watch slides on the projector while Dad told us stories of his travels.. Very very happy memories.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
You're quite right, and I will try it. Tomorrow in fact, and I'll let you know.

Just to be clear.. Toast, then marmalade then thin sliced egg, then season?

We eat a huge amount of Chinese food in our house, my Son is half Chinese, he often says "eat first, ask questions later".

And while we're on the topic of food and childhood, one of my favourite things as a kid was when Dad came home after being at sea for 3 months he would take us out to the Chinese Restaurant, and after that, we would go home and watch slides on the projector while Dad told us stories of his travels.. Very very happy memories.

Yup so 1 side Butter and Marmalade and the other Butter and Egg .

I have never eaten Chinese food , i tend to steer clear of Rice also am not a fan.

The English are obsessed with Chinese take always lol they are fkin EVERYWHERE :)

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I remember the Living And Growing videos at school, boy meets girl, get married, have sprogs and live happily ever after... Bull.
At least you had a video with real people in it ,not Rabbits ! "Sex " was a taboo word when i was young until i went to secondary school aged 12 and saw the young girls playing tennis on the courts next to the Maths Lesson window :D . Ohh btw it was a boys only school but not boarding Poco :D. At the beginning of the Spring/Summer term there wa s scramble to grab the desk nearest the windows which faced the Tennis Courts :);

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
We used to do that, minus the face plants. Did you ever do see saws? Where you both are toe to toe, and then you pull and the other lifts up from sitting position? If you get enough speed and momentum going you can send the other flying over your head.. Ahhhh fun times.
Or how about one lays flat down legs bent, the other sits on the feet of that person and gets catapulted through the air..?
Are you sure that you are a female ?:)

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
This is not what he means come on.

@hell2bwith76 is from a Generation you are not from , also ,

It is not unusual for a younger sibling to know stuff from their elder brothers or sisters that a single child may not learn about until a later time,

No need to add details and assume anything at all from this ,

Cheers.
I learned nothing from my older Brothers . They didn`t have time to fuss about with me . One joined the Marines for 5 years as soon as he could and 2nd joined the Royal Navy for 11 years ! Crazy fool bought himself out after 10 years !.My 3rd Brother ,next oldest to me ,didn`t bother with me until i was grown up and working . He did the compulsary 2 years in the forces. I just missed that. The older mentors for us were mostly older kids or blokes who i worked with and they lied :D.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

I have never eaten Chinese food , i tend to steer clear of Rice also am not a fan.

The English are obsessed with Chinese take always lol they are fkin EVERYWHERE :)
I`m not :)

D

Dardii

They are everywhere, but what we eat at home is traditional, not the meals you might find in a take away. My ex is from HK, and I've learned much from him and our extended family.. I wouldn't eat the chicken feet, nuh uh.. No chance of that.

Back