Childhood memories

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
When I was young the family would vacation in Michigan ( we live in Florida) . It was so fun swimming in East Lake and having pop (as they call it ). We would go to my Grandpa's lumber yard and pick up scrap wood and nails and make sail boats to sail in the lake .

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
Does anyone remember jokes on ice cream sticks??

After reading the joke I'd chew the stick. I used to chew pencils too.
Your nick should be "Chewy" !! Lol

RJG

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I have an exceptional memory going back to my birth for things that happened in my childhood in the island where I was born. I remember lying in a white canvas sided cot in the maternity home in 1950. The nurse was looking down at me, the walls of the room were green and cream. I checked with my mother years later to see that the memory wasn't just my imagination, she confirmed that I was correct. I never visited the maternity home when my younger siblings were born, as children were not permitted to visit their mothers. My childhood was quite remarkable and full of crazy stunts any of which could have killed me.:eek:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Our Town was a very small town then but we still had lots of street gangs !. I guess i was lucky being born in perhaps the biggest street in Town (lol) we had a big gang :).Although many of the streets adjoined we still managed to create gang fights between one street and the next ( if it was outside our territory).
I do remember one weekend, gossip spread that our gang was going to meet another gang from a Town about 12 miles away for a good war !.Both gangs duly arrived near to the river and faced each other, forming long lines of about 20 members on either side. The weapons were awesome ! anything from bicycle chains to air guns were on display. We marched towards each other ,Hearts pounding and ready to attack... Suddenly ,one of the opposing gang pointed to one of our gang and called out his name " hey ****** ,how are you ?" he shouted . The prepared war never happened and both sides went to the local Cinema ,where we annoyed the ordinary audience by walking in long lines across the front of the screen and back to the loos !! (& back of course)
We had some happy days : lol !.

Back