Can someone answer this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bad_Influence

Two days ago, members of Extinct Rebellion were filmed breaking the windows of a London branch of HSBC bank while the police stood by and watched.

I’m certain that if I turned up outside a bank, wearing a mask, will tools specifically designed to break toughened glass, I’d be in handcuffs faster than you can say “Honest guv, it’s for the environment”. And rightly so.

Now a jury let’s them go despite the judge stating “There is no defence in law” for their actions.
How can this be right in anyone’s eyes? How can these people be released despite video evidence?
The justice system in this country is morally, and possibly legally, corrupt to the core.

Last edited by a moderator:

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Two days ago, members of Extinct Rebellion were filmed breaking the windows of a London branch of HSBC bank while the police stood by and watched.

I’m certain that if I turned up outside a bank, wearing a mask, will tools specifically designed to break toughened glass, I’d be in handcuffs faster than you can say “Honest guv, it’s for the environment”. And rightly so.

Now a jury let’s them go despite the judge stating “There is no defence in law” for their actions.
How can this be right in anyone’s eyes? How can these people be released despite video evidence?
The justice system in this country is morally, and possibly legally, corrupt to the core.

Agreed old boy. But who are you asking this question to?....99% here wont have a clue....Here's My reply. How they got off is to do with what's called..."An act of Care'. In which they will NOT be prosecuted under current UK laws. They however WILL be liable for the damage caused.

Last edited:

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The justice system in this country is morally wrong .

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
Wow and I thought it was bad here in the states! God bless and keep us all safe .

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It's interesting to see who's behind supporting these types of groups. When your movement is supported by the establishment, and you claim that you're anti-establishment, i think it's time to re-evaluate your position lol.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I don`t suppose that there is the slightest chance that this group has been infiltrated by some extreme right members ? I`ve read a few times about this happening to other such protest groups .

P

Percy666

I don`t suppose that there is the slightest chance that this group has been infiltrated by some extreme right members ? I`ve read a few times about this happening to other such protest groups .

The extreme far left with their obsession over censorship/ taking away personal liberties are a far bigger threat to society than "the extreme right"

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Unlikely. The so called "extreme right members" aren't as influential as they're made out to be. They're minority groups with very little support, and ideas that can be stripped and pulled apart by asking for statistics of evidence to back up their claims.

B

Bad_Influence

I’m not even going to make fun of this comment. It too stupid even to be mocked.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The extreme far left with their obsession over censorship/ taking away personal liberties are a far bigger threat to society than "the extreme right"
I thought the ER was about the Environment ?

B

Bad_Influence

You actually gave the answer I'd have given, but regardless, adding that 99% here won't have a clue, makes of you a (word of choice) in my opinion.

I'd suggest you spoke for yourself and got off that pedestal you've placed yourself upon, after all you don't know who you're dealing with here and even if you did, it's rather demeaning to others.
Are you related to WP?

P

Percy666

I thought the ER was about the Environment ?

No, extreme left tend to be more "environmentalist " particularly when it relates to ensuring lives are disrupted ordering people how to live with regards to a whole variety of issues ranging from travel to diet. The far right are more inclined to believe in autonomy of choice rather than treating us like a borg like collective which is a more communist doctrine.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
All i did was answer Bad's Question about the LAW.

I was wrong about 99%.....It's actually 99.99%.

Have a great day. !

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Pitiably, you have ALWAYS got to cite me in your facile comments.
This truly smacks of your perpetual paranoia.
Your time is surely running out. <tick, tock>
:rolleyes:
He treats us both similarly eh?. The Master of sarcasm and mockery ;and still people actually admire him ?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I could ask you the same question :)

I forgot to add the following to my previous post :

quoted by Altair:

" 99% here wont have a clue"

The above would not be demeaning if you were 99% of the people typing in here, besides me (1%) :)

If that were true, what is actually the point ? :D

And before you ask, NO I AM NOT PARANOID ! :cool:

Having said that, you seem ok ( I'd even say nice-ish? ), you're just a bit odd (as in, you have yet to decide who or what you wish to be ) :)
May i make a suggestion ?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
No, extreme left tend to be more "environmentalist " particularly when it relates to ensuring lives are disrupted ordering people how to live with regards to a whole variety of issues ranging from travel to diet. The far right are more inclined to believe in autonomy of choice rather than treating us like a borg like collective which is a more communist doctrine.
I understand . So the last year has been "autonomy of choice" ??

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I can quite believe that most people have been affected mentally by the Covid19 problem and all it brought with it .Particularly the innabilty to go to pub every night and get stoned . Suckers :D.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Talk about derailing...

**** sake....Answer the OP's question?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back