Can anyone answer this?

Cosmonaut

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I’m not sure why you’re so stuck on the 22%, some say as little as 6%, Pfizer themselves say it could be as low as 40% after a period of time.
It was the only question you asked that directly referred to the scientific guidance. I'd argue the science is the most important aspect of the pandemic (considering it seems to be the basis of all policy) - and also the concept we seem to be struggling with the most in this thread

As it happens, all of the vaccines are nominally 100% effective. I said so! And my evidence is that no more than a few hundred people out of 68 million, albeit tragically, have died in the UK in the past week. That's less than one thousandth of a percent, so I'm right! And my sources/calculation principles (which you don't need to know about) are definitely right!

I ❤️ science!

B

Bad_Influence

Chris, as u know I'm sure, there are side effects to everything, I take HRT, every Yr there are new studies, risk of blood clots, breast cancer (increased risk) and strokes, I choose to take it because the positives outweigh the negative.
I let my youngest daughter have the HPV vaccine, there were uncertainties over that at the time (2010) but she's 27 now and perfectly healthy.
You are convinced that darker forces are coming into play here. I'm not. I don't know what u are trying to achieve here as you're only reaching a very small audience.
Go and have some fun instead of pouring over endless conspiracy theories.
All other vaccines are proven over time to have more benefits then side effects. The covid vaccines are ALL still being tested. As I’ve said, we already know they have side effects and people have died, that’s within a few months of their release, what else will they cause in a year, 5 years?
Further to that, and debatably more important, there is reason to believe they are causing problems in pregnancy and could cause fertility problems. I don’t believe this can be, or should be, ignored. At least not without asking questions.

B

Bad_Influence

It was the only question you asked that directly referred to the scientific guidance. I'd argue the science is the most important aspect of the pandemic (considering it seems to be the basis of all policy) - and also the concept we seem to be struggling with the most in this thread

As it happens, all of the vaccines are nominally 100% effective. I said so! And my evidence is that no more than a few hundred people out of 68 million, albeit tragically, have died in the UK in the past week. That's less than one thousandth of a percent, so I'm right! And my sources/calculation principles (which you don't need to know about) are definitely right!

I ❤️ science!
Science? The govt started by using the science to guide policy, but it seems to me that now they juggle the science to fit the policy. Hence the “died with covid” and not “died of covid”. The vaccines do not prevent the spread of the virus in any way, as shown above, yet the govt are coercing kids to be jabbed? They are pushing for vax passports when the vax doesn’t prevent spread, where’s the logic in that?

Cosmonaut

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Slightly baffling that you can't see a logical argument for vaccine passports?

The logic: only those who have significantly greater protection against serious illness, hospitalisation and/or death may enter these venues (transmission hotbeds, significant risk of contracting virus).

IE: The government seeks to reopen society, restore economic activity and minimise the risk of any further significant health misery linked to this virus.

If you don't want the vaccine, you may be miserable for other reasons (e.g. limited activity options) - but that's on you.

If you are unable to get the vaccine for health reasons, that does suck and you have my sympathy.

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I stand by the child abuse statement, and I will explain why. Your child is 14 and you say it would be his choice to have the vaccine if it becomes available to him. It’s NOT his choice, it’s yours as a parent to make an informed decision on his behalf, he is a minor. With that in mind, you are willing to allow him to by injected with a trial drug, with no idea of the potential damage it could do, to protect him from a virus that is likely to be, at worst a bad cold to him even if by some slim chance he gets covid. To me that makes no sense.
You can stand by anything you want it doesn't make you right it is not child abuse.
I think you need toget out there in the real world and see what is actually going on.

Like everyone else you are entitled to you opinion but calling people child abusers is a step too far.

I think its time admin stepped in ?

Cosmonaut

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I’m not sure why you’re so stuck on the 22%, some say as little as 6%, Pfizer themselves say it could be as low as 40% after a period of time.

From Sky News:
Coronavirus levels in people with the Delta variant are similar regardless of whether or not they've been vaccinated and it "may have implications for people's infectiousness", early analysis suggests.

Public Health England's (PHE) latest variant technical briefing said according to initial findings, "levels of virus in those who become infected with Delta having already been vaccinated may be similar to levels found in unvaccinated people".

It added: "This may have implications for people's infectiousness, whether they have been vaccinated or not.

"However, this is early exploratory analysis and further targeted studies are needed to confirm whether this is the case."

The Delta variant, which originated in India, remains the dominant type in the UK, said PHE, accounting for approximately 99% of cases.”

How’s the vaccine helping again?
All this seems to do is highlight the possibility that transmission and contraction of the virus "may not" be significantly affected by the vaccine. It's far from conclusive - if you read the actual PHE report, it's stated that the report's findings have a "high level of uncertainty".

At no point does this give any indication of the difference in impact of the virus (i.e. symptoms and hospitalisation) on vaccinated/non-vaccinated individuals; so to answer your question, this is where reports suggest the vaccine is making the biggest difference.

B

Bad_Influence

You can stand by anything you want it doesn't make you right it is not child abuse.
I think you need toget out there in the real world and see what is actually going on.

Like everyone else you are entitled to you opinion but calling people child abusers is a step too far.

I think its time admin stepped in ?
I accused nobody. I simply stated that in MY opinion it’s child abuse.
I need to get out? You need to accept that you are being lied to, and you seem happy to accept that.

C

CommonCarnage

you said (because i can't remember how to quote other users)
Why would a parent take a risk with their child’s future health, especially when there are reports of the potential of the vaccine affecting fertility? How can any parent risk their children’s LIFE?
It’s abhorrent.

Every day parents the world over have to make decisions that "could" affect their children's lives. It's not abhorrent at all its a matter of personal opinion that others really shouldn't feel the need to judge. You think other people want to Harm their kids? think that then. It's really not your concern.
You do you.

Can't remember how to quote other users damnit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Billy2Sheds

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
you said (because i can't remember how to quote other users)
Why would a parent take a risk with their child’s future health, especially when there are reports of the potential of the vaccine affecting fertility? How can any parent risk their children’s LIFE?
It’s abhorrent.

Every day parents the world over have to make decisions that "could" affect their children's lives. It's not abhorrent at all its a matter of personal opinion that others really shouldn't feel the need to judge. You think other people want to Harm their kids? think that then. It's really not your concern.
You do you.

Can't remember how to quote other users damnit.
On the post you want to quote, click Reply..... its on the bottom right of all posts..

L

LIL_WHITE_FOX

Please don't get upset. You've been through a truly horrendous time , people like this don't realise the damage they cause by posting crap like this.
It's as though they are trying to convince themselves not others.
Sadly this sort of thing gives them a platform.
Stay strong xx
Thank you lovely. Xx

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You are very foolish and judgemental in my opinion. In November both my parents were admitted to hospital then intensive care with covid pneumonia I had last words with my mum twice my dad couldn't talk so I had to shout down the phone and tell him to fight fight fight. With him grunting back through his cpak big breathing apparatus. With mum we cried and she said trust me to die from this, when a vaccine is just around the corner. I have never felt so helpless as they fitted a shringedriver under the care of the pallotive team. After 3 weeks she started to respond. I got dad home and nursed him back after 4 stone body weight. He then had a mini stroke and had to have a prism fitted to his eye as he had double vision. Mum is at home with a permanent oxygen machine both are mid 60s and it has aged them both 20 yrs they aren't the same people. Both are now double jabbed thank god because when u look at my mother's lungs from her medical records they were shot the hospital said she's a walking miracle so I and they feel lucky but still very vulnerable. I'm double jabbed and I will protect my children by jabbing them. If you don't understand what a vaccine is or does I suggest you look at the science some of us understand science and trust and have hope through experience. So like I said in your status would you like the samaritans number because you seem to need some help, especially when your response was abusive

I`m very sorry about your parents plight but i can only wish them ,and you ,some better luck from now on .At least they are still with you and being in their 60`s is no age by todays standards .
Btw ,nice to see your name again ,not seen it in ages .

L

LIL_WHITE_FOX

I`m very sorry about your parents plight but i can only wish them ,and you ,some better luck from now on .At least they are still with you and being in their 60`s is no age by todays standards .
Btw ,nice to see your name again ,not seen it in ages .
Thank you hell. Good to see you too. Hope you are keeping well fella xx

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
DoI care no, I don’t know your parents, but I wouldn’t wish ill health on anyone, so yes I’m glad they both recovered.
I am well aware ‘this sh** is real’ and g hb ace never claim anything different. If you read what I say you’ll understand I’ve never denied covid, only the numbers claimed, and no, I will not stop my ‘offensive’ words to appease you or anyone. I’ve as much right as you to an opinion, whether you agree or not. You are not compelled to read anything I post on here.

Lies ! A while back you did try to claim that Covid19 was nothing more than a Flu virus ! You gave stats to prove that more people die from common Cold than Covid19.
Really you need to keep some consistancy Mr B .

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Chris, as u know I'm sure, there are side effects to everything, I take HRT, every Yr there are new studies, risk of blood clots, breast cancer (increased risk) and strokes, I choose to take it because the positives outweigh the negative.
I let my youngest daughter have the HPV vaccine, there were uncertainties over that at the time (2010) but she's 27 now and perfectly healthy.
You are convinced that darker forces are coming into play here. I'm not. I don't know what u are trying to achieve here as you're only reaching a very small audience.
Go and have some fun instead of pouring over endless conspiracy theories.

Errr ,can i come and have some fun please Fiona ?:D

B

Bad_Influence

Lies ! A while back you did try to claim that Covid19 was nothing more than a Flu virus ! You gave stats to prove that more people die from common Cold than Covid19.
And to the vast majority that is the worst it is. What’s your point? Yes it kills, and that’s horrendous, but only a very small percentage.

B

Bad_Influence

I’ve never claimed ppl die from the common cold. You’re making stuff up again Hells.

L

LIL_WHITE_FOX

And to the vast majority that is the worst it is. What’s your point? Yes it kills, and that’s horrendous, but only a very small percentage.
Have you ever spoken to a doctor Coz I've spoken to many and I'm a bit more qualified than u to share facts. Covid sticks to any part of the body that is vulnerable and doesn't let go and attacks the lungs and the lungs are weak creates covid pneumonia. It's not the same as pneumonia. Doctors are baffled as to how to treat it because it isn't the same my mums lungs went from minimum to 95% filled she is a miracle she survived. A small few are dying Coz they are vaccinated. Don't be disallusioned that it is anything other than that, the hospital was full when my parents were in now the covid ward is shut because of vaccination

B

Bad_Influence

Have you ever spoken to a doctor Coz I've spoken to many and I'm a bit more qualified than u to share facts. Covid sticks to any part of the body that is vulnerable and doesn't let go and attacks the lungs and the lungs are weak creates covid pneumonia. It's not the same as pneumonia. Doctors are baffled as to how to treat it because it isn't the same my mums lungs went from minimum to 95% filled she is a miracle she survived. A small few are dying Coz they are vaccinated. Don't be disallusioned that it is anything other than that, the hospital was full when my parents were in now the covid ward is shut because of vaccination
Have I said ANYWHERE that the vaccines do not work?

Back