Buzzwords

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I wasn't suggesting that I intended to quit UK Chat. It was in fact in response to the hypothetical possibility of me doing so.
Consequently, I shall continue to make my customary contributions in the Forum, whether it be to the annoyance of others or not.
If you wish to initiate a thread on 'chat addiction', feel free to do so. I don't think it's been covered for quite some time and I'm sure you are guaranteed a flood of responses or, more likely, very feeble excuses.
;)

Probably, but do we really need to or even have the right to?
Most people are here by choice.
Everyone has something to offer or take from the conversation.

For some it may be more.
If the only addiction one has is chatting, does it really cause harm?
Depending on circumstance of course, some may see it as a breach of trust by a partner.
Which could lead to domestic unrest and possible violence.
Some may lose thier jobs with it, some may even lose thier lives.

So then should we support the addiction?
Ignore it.
Or attempt to help them save what they have over what they hope for.

I dont know.

Sh!t.. I went all philosophy again, drunk enough i guess.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Probably, but do we really need to or even have the right to?
Most people are here by choice.
Everyone has something to offer or take from the conversation.

For some it may be more.
If the only addiction one has is chatting, does it really cause harm?
Depending on circumstance of course, some may see it as a breach of trust by a partner.
Which could lead to domestic unrest and possible violence.
Some may lose thier jobs with it, some may even lose thier lives.

So then should we support the addiction?
Ignore it.
Or attempt to help them save what they have over what they hope for.

I dont know.

Sh!t.. I went all philosophy again, drunk enough i guess.
I'm so very disappointed. I didn't want this topic protracted in a thread that is nothing to do with chat addiction.
You should consider adding posts when you have imbibed less alcohol, dear fellow.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
I wanted to update my list with two highly-favoured catchwords being frequently used by the media and various presenters:
*Cancel culture
*Virtue signalling

It amuses me how certain phrases soon gather momentum and become adopted so readily by our (exponentially) ever-increasing, 'woke' society.
:eek:

Last edited:

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
And yet two more examples that seem to be gaining popularity:

*Offense archaeology ... the ability to forage emotional stress from anything historical that causes false indignation to the current woke culture!
*Hybrid working ... I believe that this is a blend of working either from home or at your former place of employment.
in fact, hybrid seems to be one of the catchwords of the decade when, once upon on a time, it simply referred to the cross-pollination of plants!
It's now seemingly used to denote anything being mixed with anything else.

"Via - The Daily Espresso"

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Contender of the likely to be the most overused word of 2022 has got to be redact or redacted. ;)

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
There's been a massive outbreak of people signalling how virtuous they are... :rolleyes:
Yes, indeed in these unprecedented times ... and Comic Relief is on its way soon. :rolleyes:
Killing two birds with one stone, so to tweet, hell2bwith76 ... it's oligarch.
I'm surprised the auto-correct did not offer any assistance. Oh, it does.

Last edited:

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Another overused expression these days is 'perfect storm'.
I remember seeing a FILM , obviously based on this inane, American expression, over 20 years ago.
They sure know how to invent hilarious terms of phrase across the Atlantic.
:cool:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
'Solidarity' I used to just smile when anyone used that word, but it's all over the place now, you can't get away from it. A rolling of the eyes is called for... :rolleyes:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
'Solidarity' I used to just smile when anyone used that word, but it's all over the place now, you can't get away from it. A rolling of the eyes is called for... :rolleyes:

As is Nationalism.
Up until a couple of weeks ago nationalism was taboo, far right hate filled agenda apparently.
Now Ukraine has been "Invaded" it's all the rage.

Funny that

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
'Lessons must be learnt'. I was waiting for that one to be trotted out over that killer nurse, I didn't have to wait long. :rolleyes:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
'All you need is love'. These beautiful words are being used more and more to sanitize and endorse trash. It was brought to mind by the 4 year old child at nursery who was exposed to a book showing men in bondage gear, along with the words 'all you need is love'. Men will do as they like, but do we need to show it to young children? :(

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
'All you need is love'. These beautiful words are being used more and more to sanitize and endorse trash. It was brought to mind by the 4 year old child at nursery who was exposed to a book showing men in bondage gear, along with the words 'all you need is love'. Men will do as they like, but do we need to show it to young children? :(
These weirdos and probably pedos too slownly but surely seem to be creeping in to the fabric of mainstream society instead of remaining in their dark shitstained corners from whenth they came. I remember at nursery watching bagpuss and reading about stars in the universe. Didn't even mention they were suns, was no need. at that age, it's the wander and magnificance of the world in which we live in that seems almost magical. men in bondage gear def does not fall into that catagory. People shouldn't let it happen or keepsilent about it either.

Kev45

A storm happens one raindrop at a time.
Reaction score
These weirdos and probably pedos too

So we have travelled from 'buzzwords' that piss people off to the accusation that gay men (and women) wearing bondage costumes at gay pride events, all over the world and including the UK, and which isn't illegal, are all weirdos and probably pedos.

I wonder if that allegation also applies to the millions of heterosexual men and women who lapped up the crock of steaming pile of dung that was 50 Shades of Grey.

Or does it just apply to gay men who enjoy wearing bondage costumes?

According to a children's book that did NOT discuss sexuality (in the manner slyly alluded). Rather, depicted images a gay grandfather recalled at gay pride events and a book which was subsequently withdrawn due to an individual complaint from a concerned parent.

Pictures that the author subsequently defended while stating "the illustrations were a faithful representation of Pride celebrations."

Andy Train, chair of the Hull and LGBT+ Forum, who helps organise Hull Pride events, later said-

"I was surprised to see this illustration. I think the illustrator [of the book] was given carte blanche. It's a bit stereotypical. An illustration showing a family waving a trans flag, for example, may have been a better choice. People are free, within the realms of the law, to dress how they want at Pride event. Some people do attend Pride events wearing that kind of clothing, but that tends to be abroad. The weather here rarely lends itself to dressing in a revealing way." :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kev45

A storm happens one raindrop at a time.
Reaction score
Cancel culture. Followed by a tirade about what they want cancelled, and which is usually quite a lot.

Devil's advocate. Scaredy-cats who haven't got the bottle to admit it is their own personal views.

I am not homophobic but... Usually followed by a lot of buts and 100% homophobic. :)

Back