Buzzwords

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
To relieve the boredom, the other half and I play a game when we're watching the news. If we hear the words 'protect the nhs',the winner is the first to shout 'Bingo!'. The loser has to do a forfeit. Matt Hancock always gets my full attention because you can guarantee he will say it. I suppose I should get out more, but I can't :rolleyes:
Just aswell you dont have "covid" as the bingo word..you'll both be chanting bingo in your sleep...over and over.

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
Just as well we don't have Christopher Hitchens commenting in the Forums otherwise we'd all look pretty simple and embarrassing souls.
I don't think I've ever come across anyone who can apply deductive reasoning so eloquently. He truly is a joy to watch.

Many of his videos on YouTube demonstrate why he was held in such great esteem by thinking people.
Is true he is articulate and eloquent as you put it.. doesnt mean to say he is'nt full of sh**. Thats a quote from someone as he too; eloquently put it.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Latest news about words is that "bloody" has been knocked off top spot of English swearword.It`s been replaced by "sh**".

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
I think that the word love is being bandied about too freely. Especially in UK Chat.
:rolleyes:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
'Delete' seems to be the latest buzzword, as in regs asking Admin to delete their account. Instead, they should take Poco's advice and just take a break from it, I know I did. I was going to request a deletion but I just took a week off (a week was long enough before I got the urge to prattle on the forum) :)

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
'Delete' seems to be the latest buzzword, as in regs asking Admin to delete their account. Instead, they should take Poco's advice and just take a break from it, I know I did. I was going to request a deletion but I just took a week off (a week was long enough before I got the urge to prattle on the forum) :)
Would you believe that I tried to delete my account twice in the past and gave up because the system just completely failed? Maybe third time lucky, eh? I bet there are some cheers in eager anticipation.
;)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Would you believe that I tried to delete my account twice in the past and gave up because the system just completely failed? Maybe third time lucky, eh? I bet there are some cheers in eager anticipation.
;)
Don't you dare delete! There's no one else on the site quite like you (is that a good thing? :)) I really get your sarcastic humour ;)

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Don't you dare delete! There's no one else on the site quite like you (is that a good thing? :)) I really get your sarcastic humour ;)
I might just stick around a bit longer to wind up some of the more deserving.
Better?
;)

Last edited:

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Steady on! This thread is about buzzwords, it isn't a low-rent dating thread, control yourself :)
I don't believe that you even have to subscribe for this 'low-rent dating service'. So, make the most of the freebie. :cool:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I wouldnt delete your account, just use a randomiser for the password and e-mail addy on your account and dont save the details yourself.
That way no one can use the User name you have now, even you.

I did that when I quit chat a few years ago.
Still ended up back here though, under a different name lol

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
I wouldnt delete your account, just use a randomiser for the password and e-mail addy on your account and dont save the details yourself.
That way no one can use the User name you have now, even you.

I did that when I quit chat a few years ago.
Still ended up back here though, under a different name lol
If I decide to quit this website, I will just not bother to sign on at all. It seems by far the preferred option, seeing as the site lacks a self-delete option.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Is true he is articulate and eloquent as you put it.. doesnt mean to say he is'nt full of sh**. Thats a quote from someone as he too; eloquently put it.
Just noticed this response, which was probably long after my quote anyway. Christopher Hitchens died nearly 10 years ago, for your information!
Come on then. Name name(s), other than most probably yourself; in which case the description of the person is blatantly a joke.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Speaking of double takes, it's make me wonder... were you ScarletPimpernel/SBG from a now defunct chat site? :eek:
The doubletake (brothers) was a reference to an old comedy device used by actors who were usually slow in reacting to what was already bleeding obvious. I thought it a very apt reference in this instance. You may well have seen Harry Enfield demonstrating it in some of his earlier sketch shows.
And, no, I wasn't.
:eek:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If I decide to quit this website, I will just not bother to sign on at all. It seems by far the preferred option, seeing as the site lacks a self-delete option.

So stop posting.
A simple act of self control perhaps.
I tell myself I wont come back on here all the time, yet I do.

I suppose the desire for social contact, be it ever so fleeting is sometimes a need more than a choice.
Yet is that not the argument most addicts use?
I dont want to, but I have to.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
So stop posting.
A simple act of self control perhaps.
I tell myself I wont come back on here all the time, yet I do.

I suppose the desire for social contact, be it ever so fleeting is sometimes a need more than a choice.
Yet is that not the argument most addicts use?
I dont want to, but I have to.
I wasn't suggesting that I intended to quit UK Chat. It was in fact in response to the hypothetical possibility of me doing so.
Consequently, I shall continue to make my customary contributions in the Forum, whether it be to the annoyance of others or not.
If you wish to initiate a thread on 'chat addiction', feel free to do so. I don't think it's been covered for quite some time and I'm sure you are guaranteed a flood of responses or, more likely, very feeble excuses.
;)

Back